Is there a certain CPU/GPU combination you prefer? Like for example CPU always Intel, GPU always AMD

Is there a certain CPU/GPU combination you prefer? Like for example CPU always Intel, GPU always AMD.
And if so why?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_Inspiron_5547
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hybrid_graphics#ATI_Dynamic_Switchable_Graphics
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/21/intel-lays-off-12k-looking-import-11600-foreign-workers-since-2010/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CPU Intel
GPU Nvidia

AYYMD POO IN THE LOO

whatever is best at the moment, currently you'd be mad to use anything but intel cpu and nvidia gpu

Or maybe you want to play games at 1080p where you need more than 3.5 GB VRAM.

Currently I have an AMD GPU with an Intel CPU

Intel cpu amd gpu
Best performance/price ratio and strong enough cpu to handle the aymd driver

intel cpu
amd gpu

nvidia as my personal heater

>games at 1080p
>need more than 3.5 GB VRAM

3.5gb is plenty for 1080p.

Retard tier:
>AMD + Nvidia
Poorfag tier:
>AMD + AMD
Decent tier:
>Intel + AMD
God tier (AKA Good goy tier):
>Intel + Nvidia

I always go for Intel and Nvidia. I never even look at AMD and I don't even know why. Habit I guess.

I use AMD only. Fuck Intel and fuck Nvidia.

I've only ever had intel CPU's but I've only built 3 PCs.
I've only had Nvidia GPU's as well.

I know theres a lot of controversy regarding GPU brand name on Sup Forums, can anyone impartial to brand fill me in on the differences?

I'm strongly considering getting a mid tier radeon card for a low power pc for my brother.

Retard tier:
>AMD + Nvidia

actually not, since amd drivers have bit higher cpu overhead and nvidia does not so its better to get nvidia card if you have amd cpu.

I've got an i7 4790k + AMD Fury X
If I hadn't gone from my i5 3550 to the i7, I'd be waiting for Zen to see how that performs (my use-case changed so the extra threads helped me out. I also wanted to replace my motherboard anyway and the 4790k was the best option.)
I wouldn't buy Nvidia as of late because I don't agree with their business practices at all. Unlike the cucks who will say that they hate how Nvidia has acted but continue to keep buying their goods, I have the integrity to say fuck no.

>I wouldn't buy Nvidia as of late because I don't agree with their business practices at all. Unlike the cucks who will say that they hate how Nvidia has acted but continue to keep buying their goods, I have the integrity to say fuck no.

I support you. I'm still one of the cucks who buys Nvidia cards because habit but I'm with you in spirit.

This

Intel CPU
AMD GPU

I prefer what offers the best performance for my budget. I'm not loyal to any specific brand.

Though for CPUs you can really only go with Intel. AMD CPUs are too weak atm. Hopefully, that will change with Zen.

Brand loyalty is shameful. Buy on a part-by-part basis.

Intel + Nvidia

While unfortunately it's an ultimate overjew combo, it also offers the best performance and most hassle-free experience.

At this point it'd be nice if AMD stopped standing on its dick and released something decent, both CPU and GPU-wise.

I always had intel cpu with whatever landed in my hands and could work with a shit power supply in terms of gpu. That means I almost always had nvidia cards. Now that I've upgraded my psu I am considering getting an amd gpu depending on what amd offers in their new lineup and if it is competitive with the new nvidia lineup.

Up till this year I've had a mix of nvidia and ATI cards (gtx 750 ti in the main pc , ati hd 4890 in the secondary) but my understanding is this :

you pick amd if you would rather have the best bang for the buck with the downside of having higher power consumption.

you pick nvidia if you want either physx (for some reason) , cuda (for video editing) or lower heat/power consumption.

I feel like these do not apply to the flagship cards though.

>cuda (for video editing)
likely a buying point for me, I'll be doing some video work, as well as vidya on the side.

No 3D rendering as far as I know at the moment.

>If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.
Buy American, buy Intel

Poorfag tier:
>AMD + AMD
Meme Tier:
>Intel + AMD
Goy Tier
>Intel + Nvidia
Zen Master Tier
>AMD + Nvidia

>Zen Master Tier
I'll believe it when I see it. AMD promised the same with Bulldozer.

>depending on what amd offers in their new lineup and if it is competitive with the new nvidia lineup.
>amd being competitive
>ever
top kek

Why are you interested, satan?
I prefer skylake + latest hd graphics for least power consumption and adequate gameplay on 720p30

I trust Intel processors more for quality and long term support. But I always go amd for gpu's simply because they have longer lifespans than nvidia.

except on the games it isn't

>b-but 1080p doesn't need more than 3.5gb

Nvidia makes better gaming cards, AMD makes better workstation cards.
You have a personal and then a professional environment and both of them keep trying to work on what they're not good at.

GTX 1080 is gonna be great for games, a new Quadro Mxxx isn't going to be as good a workstation card as a FirePro W9xxx, then AMD's new gaming card won't be as good as the 1080.

Two different kinds of dominant brands.

>buying notebook
>ayymd fag
>dell 5547

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dell_Inspiron_5547
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Hybrid_graphics#ATI_Dynamic_Switchable_Graphics

>The Dynamic Switch needs Xorg support for the discrete videocard assigned for rendering to work. So, rendering on the discrete gpu will not work until the Xorg team adds support for it.

>This means that with a muxless intel+ati design, you cannot use your discrete card by simply modprobing the radeon module.

i cried when i wrote this on the wiki.

I like my CPU soaked in thermal gel and my GPU as hot as the gates of Hell.

I LOVE YOU DAMIEN

Best combi

Intel cpu Intel iGPU

Intel/AMD right now. Hopefully AMD/AMD will be an option later in the year when Zen arrives.

Only retarded gaymers from Sup Forums buy Nvidia products.

Best combi

>Ive had all 3 combos over the years most recent build was a amd apu.

NVIDIA's cards are in general better on release, but lose performance over time where AMD cards gain performance.

AMD open-source their tech, NVIDIA don't.

Doesn't amd have driver issues? That's what I keep hearing.

Maybe for binding of Isaac
Makes sense

If I built productivity PC:
>CPU+GPU:AMD A10 APU+ 8GB 2133/2400MHz RAM in Dual Channel

For gayming pc:
>CPU:at least Intel i5 tier CPU
>GPU:at least AMD R9 x80 tier GPU/nVidia x70 tier GPU

drives me nuts when people say "at least i5", "... i7" or "... xeon"

there are i3s that have better single core performance than i7s. not all i3s, i5s i7s or xeons are equal

Like 10 years ago ATi/AMD got a bad rep for shitty drivers though I never had an issue. Lately both companies are about on par with making the same amount of mistakes with drivers.

this.
and i will never buy a nvidia GPU again.
what they did with the 970 was too much.

>buy "American"
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/21/intel-lays-off-12k-looking-import-11600-foreign-workers-since-2010/

If you're buying based on brand and not performance/benchmarks, you're a fanboy. I used to have Intel/NVidia a long time ago, but now have Intel/AMD in my latest build. The R9 290 was just so cheap and could max everything I do (and still does easily).

/thread

Intel CPU + AMD GPU MASTER RACE

Nice trips
I don really have a preference for CPU, since all of them are "good enough" for me, im using an A10-7700K currently, and a Pentium 4 on my old PC

As far as GPUs go, i prefer AMD because durability is a huge factor since my country buttrapes if you import tech, so i cant buy new tech too often

>My low builds are AMD/Nvdia
>higher one I got is intel/AMD
Did I bring balance to the force?

>got 200 bucks
>no other choice than AMD FX-9370 because intel are jews

Pretty much only problem is the 970. By the way did nvidia get sued for this shit?

Recently I've just been going Intel/NVIDIA. I wanna make the switch back to pure AMD but they need to step up first. Maybe their new architecture and software with Vulkan will do that.

AMD CPU and AMD GPU
I like my good value

CPU always Intel and GPU always Nvidia

Goood goy

Amd amd amd

probably nothing as nvidia tried to cover their ass with returns.

>2007
>guise, nobody needs more than 512 MB for 1080p, it's plenty

>2011
>guise, nobody needs more than 1 GB for 1080p, it's plenty

>2013
>guise, nobody needs more than 2 GB for 1080p, it's plenty

>2015
>guise, nobody needs more than 3.5 GB for 1080p, it's plenty

Why are nvidiots so retarded they still haven't figured out that VRAM requirements increase over time even at the same resolution?

This

I exclusively buy AMD and it's really nice when your GPU synchronizes well with the CPU.

I don't want to support poo-intel-loo or nvidia .

Good goy supporting team red. But bulldozer really was a mess.

>it's really nice when your GPU synchronizes well with the CPU

what did he mean by this?

Go RED or go home, AMD CPU and GPU.

>i
Imaginary GPU

Intel + AMD, any other combination is absolute retardation.

Maybe when Zen arrives AMD + AMD will be an option.

Used to be Intel/Nvidia but have recently turned into an AMD shill probably because of >muh underdog. Excited to see how Zen turns out.

>cuda
>for video editing
Nvidia is only good for gaymen. AMD stomps their ass in everything else.

I guess I'm just a retard then.

how is it not the other way around when Nvidia jews all these software companies into using CUDA?

this and the brand loyalty shit annoys the hell out of me.

>d00d you have to get -insert company name here's- card.cpu because I don't like the other company because instead of looking at things rationally and learning I use brand loyalty to cover up my lack of knowledge about hardware!!!!
All this shit is relative to how much money you're willing to spend

I would prefer AMD/AMD. Unfortunately AMD CPUs are a meme for anything but servers so I'm still giving the Jew some shekels. NoVideo can burn in a 1080 SLI case for all I care.

Intel CPU
Nvidia GPU

I doubt I'll buy AMD anything ever again.

the only combo that's really bad is amd cpu + amd gpu, because the high cpu overhead of amd's dx11 implementation kills performance.

Cpu: Have always used Intel, maybe Zen will change my mind.
Gpu: Integrated for laptops, and I flip flop between Nvidia and AMD for my desktop. Generally whicher is better for my X budget at the time, not so much price/performance.

It always depends on the price.
If i have 300$ and AMD GPU cost 300 and a Nvidia GPU cost 300$ ,i look at Benchmarks and test scores,who is the winner,that GPU i choose ,same for CPU.

I am not a Imbecile who buy a 200$+ GPU which has the same Benchmark/test score as AMD just because its Intel or Nvidia.

Current Setup:
Intel CPU
AMD CPU

Intel supports Feminist Frequency.
Just sayian.