use arch-anywhere

>telling us its our favorite

That's Pajeet tier

YOUR NEW FAVORITE
S H O W

a project like this comes along every now and again, theyre all pointless

>Arch

No thanks dude

First with a non-meme answer. Been using it for a while as daily driver on my laptop. Wireless card is buggy and won't connect to some networks. Otherwise is working pretty flawless for me. Updates well every week without bugging/shitting itself. It has arch power but with much more user friendliness. Is not as bloated as Manjaro, so that is a plus over it

Does it use Arch repos?

yeah, it uses them all, being able to install through aur is bliss

I used it for a while, had a lot of problems with nVidia drivers. Recently tried installing it again, it came up with a flashing screen even though the live mode worked just fine.

〃:.:.:./.:.:.:.,:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.\:.:.:.:.:i、:.:.:.:.ヽ ./:i: :.: i: :/:.:i:.:.|:.:l:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.Y:.:.:|ヽヽ:.:.:| ここは貴方の レl:!:.:./l::|:.:/レl:j、:j、::|::l:|:|:.:|:.:/l l l:.:.:.! 'ヘ/:.:l::l:.:l'莎 ヘト忝レ::l::ム/ 'v l |:.:.:.', 落書き帳じゃないの .|:.: :⊥ヽl ¨ , ゙ー' |/イ/ \|:.:.:.:.', .l/ `l\ ‐ イ l/`llY  ̄\ :.:.:.', 少し、頭冷やそうか… / / lノ l¬≠ i lj.! ∧:.:.:.:', / />.> | 〒__/ く | \: :i ヽ\ _i ヽ\ 「 ¬7 /ノ | / /:.:| \¨ } _\゙v /ィ∠__ jv- ‐′,イ :.:| ノ ヘ |::::::::[:「::::::::::/::∨ ゙v ‐ 〈. ',.:.:|

wew lad

leave tripcode, you post nothing but shit under several names

I had the same trip over the several months, you may confuse me with another shitposter familia

Doesn't matter, you're a fucking tripfag. End yourself

Explain how having a trip does anything with ending myself

warosu.org/fa/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!XksB4AwhxU

faggot

You realise that if you type #pass before the name, you get the same hash right?

so what your just saying what your code is

tripfags need to kill themselves

arrow

>implications

Antergos is a meme distro made out of a meme distro

If you really want to use Arch and don't want to break your head use the Architect install.

Trying to explain this dude that the most basic "password" can be used on more than one trip. But basically yes, will change mine soon so no other fag impersonates me

>Architect install.
what's the benefit of that over Antergos?

>using arch with a gui installer that will get in your way just as much as doing it manually and actually break this time
why

>gui
>get in your way
only if you're headed to autism

Non bloated install, you can choose only the packages you need.

Explain? Using a GUI to install a linux distribution means you're generally limited to the configurations the developers bother to put into their installer. Personally I use a kernel compiled with EFI stub and efibootmgr to rearrange, name and quickly setup my bootloader without the need for shit like Grub or whatever comes with GUI installers now. I don't see any reason why I'd limit myself, not to mention the huge failure rate and bugginess of EFI installs on Antergos. Hell, I don't even use arch because of its lack of support for other init systems.

It's decent for learning more about Arch in a "safe environment". Sort of like a gateway drug.

Like how Ubuntu/Mint is a nice way to get into Linux and Debian while you are still new, Antergos is nice to get into Arch when you are new.

At least I thought so. I think it gets a lot more flak on here than it should though, I bet people would people be a lot more easy on if it was just another Debian based distro, but because it's based on Arch the often fairly disgusting fanbase will shit on it.

I used it for a while and was pretty happy with it on my laptop. But when I tried to watch a movie via HDMI on my TV and realized what I had to go through just to get the sound working, I switched back to Ubuntu Mate.

I like the idea of rolling releases and I think Antegros did a good job of making Arch user friendlier, but it's just not there yet. Maybe in a few releases/years.

This, you can learn a lot of Arch with Manjaro/Antergos. Or maybe you just want the features without dealing with all the manual install and setup. Kinda a "just werks"

>don't want to break your head
>partition
>mount
>pacstrap /mnt base base-devel
>genfstab
>install grub
Phew, that was hard!

why does everyone on Sup Forums hate arch so much

No they don't. Those who suddenly started hating it did so right after Microshaft and Noobuntu started cooperating and anti-Ubuntu threads stopped being posted. Make your own conclusion out of that.

I've used antergos and I learned fuck all about arch. I'm just as stupid as before. explain that

oh good. another distro. just what we needed to fix linux.

>broken
>out of the box

We do not hate Arch. There's this pic related sad fat fuck who spreads Arch hate on Sup Forums though

>antergos
>being to shit to install arch
yeah.. no

Why don't you just use arch?

It's alright. You know you want Arch. :^)

>>>>>>>ARCH

It is a good intent. I think Manjaro closed the gap in a better way (has mhwd, openrc, and a minimal installer).

I think its nice, but its buggy. I think it will get better in time.

systemd botnet kek

Arch already is user friendly if you follow the wiki and know some basic stuff about file systems and Linux.

Antergos is completely unnecessary. You want baby's first Linux just use Ubuntu. If you can edit all those config files and maintain things, you can do the base install of arch.

If you want something easier to use where you don't ever have to touch the terminal, just use Ubuntu.