Best bang for your buck processor?

Best bang for your buck processor?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ocwwaVGUFtk
ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2643-ES-B0-LGA2011-4C-Compatible-with-X79-i7-3820-4820K-4930K-/151921473437
ebay.com/itm/281889330127
ebay.com/itm/INTEL-i7-3820-PROCESSOR-QUAD-CORE-SR0LD-10MB-3-60-GHz-LGA-2011-/262444038858?hash=item3d1ae23aca:g:gvEAAOSwYmZXH0Pe
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope not really
New parts only or also used parts ?

I thought this was the 5820k sorry wrong pic

5820k is better than 4790k and better than a 6700k in most metrics and at one point cost less than either, and to boot has more cores/threads and more pcie lanes

I'd only bother with the 5930k if I was doing 3-4 way sli, in which case the £200~ price difference between the 5930k and 5820k doesn't matter

...and at that point you're wasting so much extra processing power for so little gain that the whole thing screams of massive excess anyway that 'best bang for your buck' doesn't even apply

No that would be the A8-7650K. It includes and unlocked processor and graphics card on the same chip.

16 core Zen $300 is it possible?

>better than a 6700k in most metrics

It's markedly inferior for gay men though.

youtube.com/watch?v=ocwwaVGUFtk

Plus it's a 140W housefire that draws over 100W more than a 4790K (let alone the more efficient 6700K) under load once overclocked. Funny how Intel shills don't seem to care about power draw when their employer does it.

Highly doubt it. Those are geared toward servers. However I can see the 8-core zen flagship going for $500 or less. Those are meant to compete with 8-core i7s like the i7-5960X.

>A processor with more cores designed for a much heavier load draws more power when under load than a processor with less cores designed for much lighter loads

used xeon
used 8 core housefire amd
new 4 core i5

Whats the tdp on those

Amd 760k
/thread

It also has a lot more potential power if used properly, obviously gaming isn't that use case as most games are still being designed for quad cores with 8 threads. Not hex or octo core with 12 or 16 threads.

Assuming a perfect world where a programmer properly utilizes all the available cores, cache, etc. The 5820k is the same price as the 6700k and a lot more powerful.

You keep talking about gaming, but gaming is NOT computing you stupid shit. I can do plenty more with a 5820k than I can with a 6700k, its just a fact.

Price for performance, the 5820k is currently the top from intel.

more cores idiot detected

>I'm a gaming faggot who has no need for more cores, so obviously no one else can use more cores either

nice try fuck head, encoding however can use all the cores of the 5820k just fine.

and it thought current amd cpus were bad

Yeah shocker how a CPU with 1/3rd more transistors uses more power, absolutely astounding.

I swear, Sup Forums has been ruined in 2015/2016

>Skylake quad core i7 1.75B transistors
>haswell-e 8 core i7 2.6B transistors.

Yeah, it's pretty obviously going to use a lot more power with almost an extra BILLION transistors, it also has a lot more processing power at it's disposal.

A 2nd gen i3/i5, used. Cheap and still powerful as fuck. Can easily be gotten from a refurbished Lelnovo.

6600k best for gaming.

A used 2500K

And thats not even considering the 22nm to 14nm shrink.

Yup, i'm seriously worried about the future of Sup Forums if people dont even understand the basics of CPU architectures \:

>tfw bought used 3770k for $150

So I game, I have a fx 8350 oced to 4.4 and I'm upgrading to a 6600k, so I ask you Sup Forums am I making the right decision here or are you going to get mad at me?

The best bang-for-buck processor is the Pentium G3258. Stupid cheap and incredible performance.

Bad goy. Always buy the latest and greatest Intel processors.

Might as well wait for zen at the end of the year if you are already on an 8350. Sure a 6600k will be a nice upgrade, but you dont NEED to upgrade yet, so better to wait for Zen.

Wait for Zen

Then make decision. CPU/Mobo upgrade is a long lasting part, it will easily be one of the longest lasting part you have. So dont hurry.

Definitely the Intel Core i7 6700k. Blows everything else out of the water and is reasonably priced, too.

On Zen? Thermonuclear.
On the 5960X, 140W

>dual-thread processor in 2016
enjoy your dropped frames and games that won't fucking start at all.

Uhhh what?

You can buy a 5820k for like $20 more and it has 2 more cores, 4 more threads, double the L3 cache, and can OC to within ~15% of the 6700k overclocked on single core performance.

So the 6700k is SLIGHTLY better than a 5820k but has less cores, less cache, and costs $20 less.

5820k is obviously the best bang for buck if all you need is pure performance (anyone doing rendering, encoding, etc would be a retard to buy a 6700k).

For gaming obviously the 6700k will be a bit better as games utilize single core performance far more than multi-core.

The 5820k is outdated and outmoded. Always buy the latest and greatest Intel CPUs to best support Israel, our greatest ally in the middle East.

Good argument my friend, instead of trying to actually address what I said you deflect.

Sorry but I don't 'argue' with goyim. Your theology is as disgusting as your genitals. Now hold your tongue or I'll have you for hate speech.

OP I sincerely recommend the Intel Core i7 6700k for all your computing needs. It is extremely powerful and very reasonably priced. A prime asset in any computer.

Xeon 1231v3

As a jew in the US, kill your self.

>dat core voltage

My i3-6100 is unstable under 1.14

Ok, Sup Forums
I want to be able to record gameplay in 1080p 60fps
My budget is $400
What should I get

A job.

Buy a 2nd computer for encoding.

a one way ticket to Sup Forums

I have a job, I just don't feel the need to dedicate a large chunk of my income towards my hobby of videogames.
That seems somewhat excessive. That said, what CPU is needed for a dedicated machine? I'd assume it would require significantly less power if its sole purpose is encoding.
Sup Forums is even less informed than Sup Forums about this, so I'll take my chances here.

a better hobby

I'd say the newer pentiums.
Decent power, sub 100$ cost, low power usage and oc-able

Then why are you recording them?

>what CPU is needed for a dedicated machine
mid range i5 should be fine.

The 5820k can't do 1080p live encoding AND gaming at the same time. So if you wanted a single CPU, you'd likely need the 5960x or the new 6xxx series 8 and 10 core designs.

Because I like sharing videos with my friends.
No u
Thank you for being the one helpful and friendly person in here! I'll look into the models you described.

Well then too bad, because 1080p 60fps recording of triple-A titles is beyond the remit of £400 PCs.

I'll just have to adjust my budget then. I have the money, I just was hoping for a better price. Considering that's not an option, I'll just put more money into things.
Again, thank you.

This is a Xeon based, user. :3

lolz

not really either. was expensive when it was new plus expensive boards. now the CPU might be relatively cheap, but the X99 boards are still pricey.

it would be. if it had HT. but intel was fully aware what they are doing in crippling the Pentium AE. with HT... you can't possibly imagine the stuff this thing would be capable of.

A decent X99A board is only $30-50 more than a Z170 board.

Quad channel memory and more PCI lanes aren't exactly free to implement.

Also if you have a microcenter nearby you'd be a literal retard NOT to get a 5820k, they have the 5820K + ASrock X99 Extreme 4 or Gigabyte X99 UD3P for $460. Which is only $120 more than a 6700k from newegg and includes a nice midrange motherboard.

Unfortunately my motherboard allows only decrease to 0.010V.

This is the lowest bang for the buck processor. Literally a 5820K with 40 lanes but 200 € more.

Best gaming CPU is the 2600K, best general performance a Xeon 2670. 50 € for 8 cores but you need LGA2011.

1231v3
v

This. You would be a total retard if you buy a 6700K with a lowend board.

Why is the 2600k the best gaming CPU ?

Best price/performance gaming CPU. It costs around 1/3 of a new 6700K for 80-90 % of its performance.

Best bang for buck is:

ebay.com/itm/Intel-Xeon-E5-2643-ES-B0-LGA2011-4C-Compatible-with-X79-i7-3820-4820K-4930K-/151921473437

I always wanted a xeon. They don't have integrated graphics right? I never got why gamers just don't get this shit they get a video card anywaya

I've been spamming it but I really couldn't believe how great a deal the 1231v3 was. Quad core with hyper-threading for the price of a 4690k. And it pairs with insanely cheapo motherboards, you can theoretically get i7ish performance for like 200 bucks less, and either put that money in a graphics card or whatever

Some of them don't, some of them do.
Most of the higher tier ones with huge core count have no iGPU

But no OC either for the RAM. Still good for most users, I recommend this build to a friend who really doesn't know anything about it. He does conversion and can use the additional threads.

This

Any GPU since like 2012 has a video encoding ASIC onboard, so it doesn't matter at all.

Lol, then please explain why most streamers partnered with twitch and doing 1080p streams have a 2nd PC exclusively for encoding?

>Lol, then please explain why most streamers partnered with twitch and doing 1080p streams have a 2nd PC exclusively for encoding?
because its more stable. Not faster. Your game might crash but your broadcast software might not. Or vice versa. With separate PCs you're less likely to have both fail, or one fail affecting the other.

Streams go down all the fucking time. Stability is the core issue.

Bought two xeon e5 2670 for 170 € that are 16 cores with hyperthreating(32 threads) @ 2.6ghz and thats not rate just look at ebay

objectively any core2duo would be for under 5$

5$ for dual core 3ghz with loss of 50% IPC compared to sandybridge 2500k which goes for 120$

You could get 24 of 3ghz dualcores for one SB chip, for mere 1440w TDP assumed their average is 60w.

performance would be around 4.5 times of SB 2500k at 4ghz from 24 core2duos.

kek

Does anyone know what a reasonable score fluctuation between runs would be in a benchmark like 3DMark Firestrike?

My score can range from between 8490 and 8570, that's less than 1%. Seem Alright?

I'm asking because I have an old as fuck PSU in there.

should probably have added that it's the Physics (CPU) score I'm referring to

FX8320E, 90$ at microcenter, 8-core 95W chip

Old Core 2s are like $5 on ebay. Hard to beat that for price-performance.

That's within margin of error

It should have been 4690k or 4670k
But Intel chips don't drop in price because lmao fuck you

ebay.com/itm/281889330127

XEON E5-2670 if you can get a cheap 2011 board

Used 2500k, they're like $100

GET IT QUICK!!!!

ebay.com/itm/INTEL-i7-3820-PROCESSOR-QUAD-CORE-SR0LD-10MB-3-60-GHz-LGA-2011-/262444038858?hash=item3d1ae23aca:g:gvEAAOSwYmZXH0Pe

This. OC to 4.7-4.9

>95W chip
220w+ once you OC it to near intel levels of performance.

Poorfag CPU Hall of Fame is as follows
>Xeon 1231v3
>FX 8320e
>i5-2500k
>G3258
>860k

Newest inductee
>i3-6100

Fite me

mine only goes to 4.5ghz stable on stock voltage

I dont want to go further than that, since it a shit bin, and stock seems to be 1.327v

intelfags confirmed on suicide watch

not really, everyone knows AMD is great price for performance, they're just on a 4 year old platform without any of the latest features (USB 3.1, USB type-c, M.2, NVMe support, etc etc.

If you're okay buying a super gimped platform that has no upgrade future, by all means, buy AMD

I5-4460.

enjoy getting cucked by DDR3 RAM.

If you plan on over clocking, old xeon (socket 1366).

Gaming is one of the few processor intensive tasks that doesn't benefit from more cores.

It's already a shit show with all the Sup Forumsfags.

Any i5, assuming you already have the gpu.

Nice try shill

>consumer pleb wants people to get anusraped.

OP don't listen to this chucklefuck, while he's over there buying a new motherboard every 3 minutes, X99 will live on for years yet.
3 years down the road, your 5820K won't be the hottest anymore - but you know what will be fucking awesome - all those cheap 2011-3 Xeons at bargain basement prices - while chucklefuck is buying a new motherboard AGAIN, you'll be able to keep using your system with an awesome upgrade on the cheap.

2500k when it was still new. Used they still go for about 90€, which is a little much.

You can get a used haswell i3 like the 4160 for 60-70€. And it offers the performance of a non-oc'd 2500k. Also very energy-efficient and enough for all current games to play with 60+fps.

Between my [email protected] and my 4150 I don't feel any difference while doing daily stuff like browsing and coding. Ofc games and encoding makes a difference, but really not that mich desu.

TL;DR cheapest used haswell i3 you can get