GTX 1060 is worse than a 970

>GTX 1060 is worse than a 970
JUST

The 960 was barely better than the 760 before they gimped the latter. Now it outperforms the 780 Ti.

Nice meme.

The 960 has always been around 770 performance, being slightly above or below depending on the game.

Sorry, did you mean

JUST CONTINUE THE WAY IT'S ALWAYS BEEN, AS USUAL AND PAR FOR THE COURSE OF THIS COMPANY

Hey Sup Forums newfag here trying to build a computer for himself for the first time

Is 1070 worth it? Shoudl I just buy a used 970 for 200$? or buy a brand new 1070?

new Titan
24GB HBM2
500GB/s
it should be 1 Terabyte/s
what the fuck

What do you need the computer for?

Honestly, just for gaming

However I got back from the military and I want to treat myself with something nais

Nvidia is the Intel of the GPU market. Of course they wouldn't want the 1060 to be faster than a 970. If it were, they would have to lower the 970's price. Intel does the same shit with CPUs.

>GP102
>478mm2

Holy shit, yields are gonna be shite

>people surprised Nvidia still don't try to improve on anything

This card is going to outsell AMD into bankruptcy

don't tell me you play to buy a reference card?

Midrange cards at 1000 american shekels soon™

>Titan has 24GB GDDR5X
pathetic

Source: wccftech's dedicated shitting street

Honest, no bias here, opinion from AMDfag that dislikes Nvidia

If you find a 970 for $200, go for it. It's a shit card in several departments, but if you want to play at 1080p, in medium+/high settings, the 970 will be just enough, and that price is good. I'd personally get a 390 if I were you, but I don't think you'll find them that cheap, even used.

The 1070 most likely won't be worth the wait. It'll be double that price or higher, with like 15-20% better performance at best, and it will be sold out everywhere for at least a couple of months. If you're not very tech savvy and just need something to go by that will be enough, just get the 970, it'll suit your needs.

I plan to buy a non-ref but I don't know how long it will take

I am getting a 6700 skylake and I'm gonna play basic shit while waiting for it though

I heard that integrated gpu on 6700 is actually pretty gud (As in not completely shit) can it run something like SC2? or Counter Strike?

Is it only 20% improvement? My friends have been hyping me saying that it's like 40% and if I'm planning to do stuff related to VR (I ordered a galaxy VR.. fuck) I should get a 1070 at least

Is 1070 not enough if I'm planning on fiddling around with VR stuff as well?

--------

Also, what do you think about the AMD's new brand thing, the Polaris?

He could probably find a used 290X for that price.

But if he wants to treat himself to something nice, he should wait until Polars is available with benchmarks before making a decision.

Plus by the time Polaris comes out a lot of cards are probably gonna drop prices.

hey, how long will that be? I'm so cucked right now playing 90's games to burn time waiting for the GPUs to come out

At worst next year, at best this october. You can always buy one of the current option now if you need your fix quick though.

Buying 970 feelings so fucking bad though ;- ;

Shoudl I just get a ref 1070?

>ref 1070
no, get the aftermarket on.

Okay so, I've been waiting 2+ years in the military to play Fallout 3/4, Skyrim, what would be the best affordable GPU that can run this game on Medium smoothly until I can buy a non-ref 1070?

I feel like spending 100~150 or over on smth like 750 is too much of a waste, can a 250 run FO4? (I don't mod or shit like that)

Fucking fallout 3 and skyrim?

Just buy a 750ti.

A GTX 960 is barely enough to play Fallout 4 at 1080p/60FPS at Medium settings. If you want to max out the settings on that game, you need a 970 or 1070.

You shouldn't expect more than 20%. All we have so far, is Nvidia marketing and Nvidia-friendly websites reviewing it. There's a lot of "optimism", even though several red flags were already raised.

As for Polaris, there's a lot of conflicting info and rumors floating around. AMD says they want VR to be available to the general public (medium-end cards), and Polaris is supposed to be what fills that gap. So they need to have at least 390-tier performance. Of course, this is all speculation. We'll see what comes out of their announcement in early June.

If you want VR, you should definitely skip the 970. Getting the 1070 would be a much better idea, but it would be much more expensive. On the other hand, you could just wait and see what AMD has in Polaris, it's actually probably your best shot, honestly.

Polaris is going to get announce on Sunday, I think. It should be available for purchase shortly thereafter.

>new titan and 1080ti will not use hbm2
top kek

No that's just my start, I want to try VR shit as well, I can't wait longer to try those out so I just want a subsitute for the meanwhile

And I'll still keep buying Titans