Give me one reason not to run Manjaro as my daily OS. I've already done a clean install of Arch in the past...

give me one reason not to run Manjaro as my daily OS. I've already done a clean install of Arch in the past, my rite of passage is done

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.manjaro.org/
unix.stackexchange.com/questions/45277/executing-binary-file-file-not-found
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

no problems here fampai
gonna install it tomorrow on my seconday hard drive alongside Windows 10.
pretty comfy setup desu

Why did you decide to remove the Arch installation then?

This is incredibly embarrassing

I didn't want to deal with installing a DE, drivers, etc. Manjaro detected everything automatically

This issue has been solved, they now run security updates synchronized with arch

So what exactly did you mean by "done a clean" install? You installed the arch base package into a partition...? You can't be serious man.

I have none
That's why I use it as my daily OS

I mean installed Arch without Architect or anything like that. Why do you consider non-Arch software as part of an Arch installation?

Look, I'm really not a stickler for the "you have to install this or that way" thing -- use whatever you want. But if you go claiming that your rite of passage is done (as if that was a real thing), you should at least have installed more than the arch base package to get a working desktop operating system or something resembling it.

Enjoy Manjaro, I hope it's as nice as Arch.

>give me one reason
the reason is you want to

stop being a cuck to vir/g/ins here

hello portuga

Looks comfy as fuck.

What XFCE theme does manjaro use?
Looks noice.

manjaro is for n00bz hahaheheah

that's KDE in the OP but the default xfce theme is Vertex Maya

menda-dark

Use it on slackware. looks good.

wiki.manjaro.org/

good choice mate

Arch KDE is better and that's the ultimate distro for me.

Manjaro failed maintaining a website twice for the same mistake. I can't trust them with over 15000 packages anymore

i'll give you a good reason, assuming you aren't a Sup Forumsirgin or autist and actually program. I recently had to switch from Arch back to Ubuntu because I work for a group that is developing a game for Linux (inb4 ) and Arch linux goes out of its way to manually patch gcc to break the standard Linux base. It's a real bitch and I've been an Archfag for years, but when they go out of the way to break a tool chain, it's a good reason to stay the fuck away.

pic not related

unix.stackexchange.com/questions/45277/executing-binary-file-file-not-found

>arch right of passage
no senpai, install gentoo

>arch linux btfo
suck on that arch fags

LFS you pleb.

too easy..
also how to i install i3 into the xfce version of manjaro?

They don't learn, do they?

Don't listen to fags, Manjaro is cool.

Because manjaro is NOT arch. It is based on it but it's different. Antergos is Arch is you hate the installation.

pacman, AURs, fast kernel updates,synced security update with Arch, what else is there?

it's really good, im actually running it right now, I love how it doesnt have old packages. looks nice out of the box and I dont have to go through all the autism of setting shit up like with Arch or any netinst

Overview

Manjaro is developed independently from Arch, and by a completely different team.
Manjaro is designed to be accessible to newcomers, while Arch is aimed at experienced users.
Manjaro draws software from its own independent repositories. These repositories also contain software packages not provided by Arch.
Manjaro provides its own distribution-specific tools such as the Manjaro Hardware Detection (mhwd) utility, and the Manjaro Settings Manager (msm).
Manjaro has numerous subtle differences in how it works when compared to Arch.
>From manjaro wiki

those are some very generalistic and vague sentences. My question was more like "why would I want to get closer to Arch when I have all these Arch features", what essential functionality would I miss?

You wouldn't miss any essential functionality since it's linux after all. manjaro is just to arch what ubuntu is to debian. Nothing wrong with that. Manjaro is not arch with an easy installer, that's all. There are other distro that does that.

I would be using it on my laptop if I could figure out what is causing it to lock up whenever I plug it back in to the power brick. The same thing happens with opensuse tumbleweed and it doesn't seem to matter what DE im using so its something underneath but I don't know enough to figure out what is causing it

>using a distro run by people who can't even keep their security certificates up to date

Antergos is literally the same thing but better done and not hosted by completely incompetent faggots.

daily reminder it is literally this easy to get real arch installed.
boot live usb or cd
fdisk -l (find your drive names)
cfdisk /dev/sda (assuming sda is your HDD)
create 1GB BOOT PRIMARY
create 1GB SWAP PRIMARY
format remaing partition primary
fdisk -l (List your partition so you know what is what)
mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda1 (boot)
mkswap /dev/sda2 (swap)
mkfs.ext4 /dev/sda3 (/)
mount /dev/sda3 /mnt
mkdir /mnt/boot /mnt/var /mnt/home
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/boot
pacstrap /mnt base base-devel
pacman -Syu
pacstrap /mnt grub-bios
genfstab -p /mnt >> /mnt/etc/fstab
arch-chroot /mnt
bash
hwclock --systohc --utc
mkinitcpio -p linux
passwd root
useradd -m -g users -G wheel -s /bin/bash username
passwd username
grub-install /dev/sda
grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg
exit exit reboot
hostnamectl set-hostname hostnamegoeshere
systemctl enable dhcpcd
systemctl start dhcpcd
nano /etc/sudoers/ (Add this: "username ALL=(ALL) ALL")
pacman -S xorg
pacman -S xterm xorg-xclock xorg-twm xorg-xinit xorg-server-utils
pacman -S xfce4 xfce4-goodies
nano /etc/locale.gen (select locals)
locale-gen
reboot
nano /etc/fstab (Add this: "/dev/sda2 none swap defaults 0 0")

check the arch wiki for instructions to install your favorite DE.

No reason not to if you like it

also these instructions are for non efi systems so you will need to enable legacy boot in your bios.

My setup right now, welcome to the comfy life