Real Deal?

Does this actually work?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/setting-the-date-to-1-january-1970-will-brick-your-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-touch
youtube.com/watch?v=MVI87HzfskQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

Sup Forums -> Internet -> Sup Forums
Also kill yourself, but not before doing pic related so that your relatives will know you were both a fagggot and an idiot.

Yes, retard.

Man whatever. At least we have a mSD slot for most of our phones.

>Does this actually work?
>yes

So I'm assuming that it doesn't work. But why would setting your time back to the epoch break your phone?

Never mind. Googled it.

The theory is that setting your clock to 1970-01-01 00:00:00 gives your phone a time-stamp of zero. Which is falsey.

it does fucking nothing

gtfo fagot

Holy shit this is awesome

>So I'm assuming that it doesn't work.
It does you dumbass.

>But why would setting your time back to the epoch break your phone?
It won't.

Except it doesn't. People just make spook stories to keep from discovering retro mode on iPhones. Think of it as a "sekrit klub" kind of thing.

No, this is a meme straight outta Sup Forums back when setting your iPhone to that date bricked it

>introduced, allowing

Why is it the idiots that make these fake posters put so much effort into making it look like a real Apple ad, then totally fuck up the grammar, spelling and flow of the text?

Did it. Do not work.

Whoah whoah whoah, sweet child o'mine! Calm the fuck down!

>The date bug affects iPhones, iPads and iPod touches with 64-bit processors running iOS 8 or iOS 9, including the iPhone 5S or newer, the iPad Air, iPad mini 2 or the 2015 sixth generation iPod touch or newer.

theguardian.com/technology/2016/feb/12/setting-the-date-to-1-january-1970-will-brick-your-iphone-ipad-or-ipod-touch

youtube.com/watch?v=MVI87HzfskQ

Does this actually work?

>It does you dumbass.

So setting your iPhone to 01-01-1970 gives it a classic Macinitosh theme?

Don't do it. It makes mustard gas.

You read the infomercial faggot, it already says it adds a secret classic theme to your phone.

How fucking new are you? That picture was made here some months ago

They fixed that bug anyways right?

Yes.

Sure it was, kiddo.

how many times do you have to be told? yes you fucking moron.

holy fuck that is what google is for

I think you're the only newfag here, newfag.

It says confirmed by lifehacker, so it's legit.

Yes, charmingly.
At least on the background part, it'll excel at it.

Does this work?? help please im about to try and i dont want 2 delete my minecraft

Dude, sudo doesn't work on Terminal unless you've explicitly enabled the user for root access.

This is just dumb. Not even bait material.