Alright Sup Forums, I'm a sad and lowly truck driver but I need a gayming laptop when I'm on the road...

Alright Sup Forums, I'm a sad and lowly truck driver but I need a gayming laptop when I'm on the road. Which ones are worth looking at? I already have an HP Envy but I'm getting cucked by this dual-core i7 5500U.

I can't build a mini-ATX PC either since the power supply would draw too much from the trucks batteries.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154108
youtube.com/watch?v=CDM6v1XhWEg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Playing video games while driving a truck

How does that even work.

got a price range?

Are you a Voodoo Trucker?

I can play some games on the side during long cruise control periods

mini atx + mini battery?

You play them during your breaks, or when getting loaded/unloaded

Around $1500

How would I recharge the battery? Nothing can be hard wired to my alternator / batteries per company policy.

check out the msi laptops on newegg
anything with a 960m or better should be fine

something like this would be good
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154108

If you don't need ultra settings, pretty much any laptop with a skylake i7 dual core and gt940m should be enough.

murica

get occulus rift and play euro truck driver while your driving truck

Are you fucking serious? You would put other people on the road in danger just so you can play video games?

This is pretty nice

>Dual core

Again, this is what is bottle-necking my current laptop. I even have a 940M in this one too.

Please kill yourself before you kill somebody else. Please stop at a gas station and overdose on trucker amphetamines. The world will be a safer place without you.

youtube.com/watch?v=CDM6v1XhWEg

Or get some Ray-bans and do the same thing.

What can't it handle? That combo should handle most games fine on medium settings, and some on high

>making me laugh
My gf is next to me mad af at me, and I almost fucked up after reading this.

Nice try, 8/10. Wreck some drivers out there mang.

I want them 60fps, it can't even run World of Tanks at 60fps on medium. Fallout 4 was coming in at like 35fps, StarCraft about the same.

My uncle was a truck driver and he admitted that he ran off the road because he was trying to masturbate and drive at the same time. I bet he's not the only trucker that practices distracted driving.

wewlad.

Just get a high end smart phone

I can't tell if they bit the bait or if I'm biting the bait.

Do you have an inverter to run a UPS?

For a gaming PC let me ask what are your primary requirements. Do you care at all about battery life and weight, or do you just want maximum power as its going to be plugged in most of the time? I assume nothing can be hardwired, but you can likely use a normal vehicle power adapter/inverter to charge something, right? If you have any AC style 3 prong outlets directly, or even a DC plug for which you can buy an AC charger, you'll be cool. There may eve be better stuff in a trucker's cab, judging by how many of them I see with stuff like nice high end monitors mounted in there, game systems etc..

That will help clear things up, but regardless you'll probably want to steer clear of HP, Dell and the likes, and instead go after Asus, MSI, Sager (and other Clevo rebrands), and possibly, the Razer Blade series (strangely, unlike everything else Razer makes, their laptops don't suck).

Look at www.xoticpc.com to get some idea of what's out there, but make sure to only look for latest generation stuff. Furthermore, if you can wait, don't buy anything yet. There's a new GPU generation coming out and it is basically tailor made for mobile use because of the new FinFET process power savings. But to get an idea, you can an Asus, MSI, Sager / Clevo or Razer and they will serve you well. Make sure you get one with a Thunderbolt 3 USB-C plug, as this will be really useful in upgrading down the road.

There's no weight, battery life or any requirements like that, it needs to be a 17.3" though since I watch movies and stuff. I do have a 150w inverter with a three prong inlet which has been powering my current laptop. I'll look into Sager or Razer since I'm not familiar with their laptops, but Asus has been good to me so I might try them again.

Good to know I can upgrade down the road on those, I just bought an SSD and RAM for my HP, it helped a bit but nowhere near a quad core would.

>940M
99% certain that the 940 is your bottleneck, not your CPU. Games mostly can't take advantage of lots of CPU cores.

Tesla is self driving for the most part.

Try msiGT80 or the new Asus stuff, they are the most powerful.

>not playing Euro Truck Simulator while driving a truck for maximum immersion
top pleb, fampai

Awful

American Truck Simulator had been out for months

Eh, with self driving trucks he might be out of a job soon anyway.
Unless unions twist arms and require them to have "operators" on board for "safely "