What does Sup Forums think of chinkphones?

What does Sup Forums think of chinkphones?

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/3uURJVVb
s.aliexpress.com/YfQVFFni
willmyphonework.net
aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-HOMTOM-HT3-PRO-16GBROM-2GBRAM-5-0-inch-4G-FDD-LTE-Smartphone-Android-5-1/717518_32630959743.html
s.aliexpress.com/aQnyauMb
s.aliexpress.com/ZB7V3qaq
reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/4ktp53/psa_redmi_note_2_eu_charger_risk_of_electric_shock/
youtube.com/watch?v=g5yFs07y7mQ
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_max-8057.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

they run android? You can install from google play?

Pretty sure only xiaomi doesn't include google play

i has another appstore?

It does. The international roms all have google play like in India.

Fair enough.

But what about other brands?

What do you lose when you buy a Chinese phone?

Why are they so much cheaper than local phones?

>6000mAh
Holy shit. Which phone???

Just install gapps if you want.

Oukitel 6000something

My Redmi note 3 Pro is great, working like a charm and for 200 € best bang for buck I've ever owned.

u just flash gapps yourself if you want the botnet so badly.

>xiaomi
Does the note 3 pro get better battery life than the redmi 3 pro?

>sacrificing functionality out of fear of being discovered
Don't keep cp on your phone.

You lose tech support, totally worth it

>tech support
That's it?

How about build quality? Will chink batteries randomly explode like samsung and iPhone?

I don't know. I think they are equivalent because the note has more battery but bigger screen.

Both can make up to 10 hours screen time. Maybe ~6 hours if intense use (gaming, video..)

recently got a redmi 3 pro it's unbelievably good value for the money

I have one coming soon, ordered last week. Care to share any thoughts on it? What to expect?

You do realize the brand name companies just get their components from China etc etc right? Literally the same stuff but what changes the price is the sticker. You're paying for the stickerrrrr and maybe some exclusive software/bloatware.
All that matters to me is specs, I'm tired of spending hundreds on phones. Next upgrade will probably be a Chinese phone just to save a few hundred bucks.

Iktf. I just hope they didn't cut too many corners.

They make everything else, their phones can't be that bad.

Doesn't really seem worth getting at the import cost to me.

I'm so I don't pay any import tax because I'm an ausfag. Not sure about eurofags though, but it's really well worth it here.

i believed i did; now i cant get rid of it even after reflashing the rom

I had a Huawei and they didn't have proper 4g/3g and I couldn't use it on lije any networks out here.

Why would you want to get rid of it?

If you get one with a MediaTek chipset you will experience random lag, stuttering, and bugs whenever your phone plays audio, be it during gaming or just listening to music. A lot of the really cheap ones use MediaTek but the better ones have Snapdragons.

You will never get custom ROMs. Decide whether you care.

QC will be not as good, so god help you if something fails outside of the seller's free return window.

That said if you get the right device you can get nice specs for a lot less money.

what rom do you use? snapdragon or mtk? I got mtk version before I realised there were two versions, now I kinda feel stuck for a good rom.

I haven't read about this in any review

I have a Nexus 6P, which, oh, I don't know, is an official Google product, so I think pretty highly of them, I guess.

I had a phone from the company BLU. Amazing phones for the price and the fact that the phones don't have to be shopped in from China is great. Only thing that sucks is that in the vast majority of their older phones use MediaTek chips. Their newer stuff uses old Qualcomm chips. But a phone with 1.5gb RAM, 16gb internal, MicroSD slot, 5k mah battery, and Snapdragon 410 for $120 isn't bad at all. Gave the phone to my sister.

Newer MTK's are fine, but it's fucking confusing as shit trying to figure out which processor you want, whereas Snapdragon it's just 200-400-600-800 series

Wouldn't pretty much any 64bit mediatek be fine?

Depends on the overall specs. You'd have to make sure that you get something that can sufficiently power whatever resolution you're getting. Lower end octa-cores(less than 1.5 ghz which typically come with lower end GPUs) will run fine on 720p screens but will struggle with 1080p.

So mtk6753 won't be enough for a 1080p screen?

Well, from what I've read, as long as you don't play any (demanding) games you'll be fine.

Mtk6753p for 720p?

If possible, MT6753 on 1080p gets bottom marks on benchmarks.

you may lose service if you aren't checking the 3g/4g bands your network supports in your area and the bands your phone supports but for the most part you should be fine

Lots of nice looking phones for less than 100 usd with 2gb ram, 720p screen, and mtk6735p. Been considering one of them.

This one.

In Stock Original Oukitel K4000 Pro 4G LTE Mobile Phone MTK6735 Quad Core Android 5.1 5.0" 2GB RAM 16GB ROM 13.0MP OTG 4600mAh
s.aliexpress.com/3uURJVVb
(from AliExpress Android)

Bump

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 pro here, never been so happy with a phone, it works like a charm with also a massive batterylife

I heard it has a horrible camera though.

Does the app allow manual controls like camera2?

that micro bro branding is dank af

Oukitel k6000 pro.

Should be around 170usd.

Off them I guess. Bought a Oukitel K10000 doesn't work in my country (yes I did check before buying it and it said there a good chance it would work)

It is currently bricked because I'm a fucking idiot and tried to unroot it in order to return it

Now trying to install ROM from sd card and having more issues, can't unlock bootloader etc. Guess I'm salty about the whole thing and don't feel like dealing with it anymore

Further to this, does anyone else in Australia have an Oukitel phone? Just wondering

I have a friend who's ordered the k10000.
He paid for it almost a week ago and it's still processing.

Other than that I can't really offer more than this bump in the hope someone else might be able to help

Hmm thanks user I wonder how it goes for him. I'm afraid he may be soon to be disappointed

I doubt that. He only got it because I told him he could use it as a powerbank for his iPhone.

I'm also in australia too. Sydney area, if you're around here too you're welcome to try your phone with my sim.

can you tell me a good smartphone at 24,7813$?

Welcome to the future

Ulefone Future 4G 5.5 Inch FHD LTE MT6755 Octa Core 4GB RAM 32GB ROM Smartphone 1920*1080 5.0MP 16MP Camera 3000mAh Android 6.0
s.aliexpress.com/YfQVFFni

but it's $239.99. For me anyway.

Just claim it died on you and RMA this shit back to gearbest/Ali.

My mom (who has never used a smartphone in her life) wanted a smartphone, so I bought her a Huawei Y6. It was just 120 bucks and it is fucking amazing what you can buy for that amount of money these days. Sure it lags here and there, but then again, I used a friend's Samsung S6 and it lagged in a similar way, just not that often.

Not him, but thinking about ordering the k6000 pro after presale dies. If the seller offers a year off warranty, how does that work?
I send it back and they send a replacement? I have to pay shipping costs?

I'd just like to know the details, even though I won't be ordering for another 2-3 weeks.

If there's an issue, they will usually offer you a replacement unit, or a refund if you'll send it back.
also, don't trust willmyphonework.net blindly, check the frequencies yourself and ask the store if it will work in your country.

If I can prove that it's faulty through a video, do I still need to send it back? It's expensive shipping outside of Australia.

Depends on the store, It might work for gearbest but not sure about Ali. either way, if it's bricked like the user with the K10000, it would be worth to send it back and get a refund, not much he can do with a dead phone anyway.

Long gone are the days of 512MB of RAM and Android sub-4.4 when spending less than 300 bucks (unlocked price) meant you'd get a piece of shit that wouldn't be able to run at all a year after. Nowadays literally anything with 1GB of RAM and Kit Kat or newer will get you by unless you litter it to the brim with dozens of useless apps.

These days for 90 dollars you can get a phone with 2GB ram, good battery life, impressive smooth performance. I'm talking about shit like the leagoo elite 5, or the oukitel k4000 pro.

HD screens, 2GB ram, quad core 64 bit CPU, big batteries.

I'm honestly amazed. My next phone is definitely going to be from china, once my Nexus 4 finally dies.

Is this the best chink I can get for less than $80?

aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-HOMTOM-HT3-PRO-16GBROM-2GBRAM-5-0-inch-4G-FDD-LTE-Smartphone-Android-5-1/717518_32630959743.html

S7 edge
best

I've heard anons in csg say doogee phones are low quality and fail a lot more than other brands. Spend a tiny bit more on a better quality one.

Have a look at these.

Original LEAGOO ELITE 5 Mobile Phone 4G LTE Android 5.1 5.5" HD Screen MTK6735 Quad Core 2G RAM 16GB ROM 4000mAh Big Battery
s.aliexpress.com/aQnyauMb

Original OUKITEL K4000 Pro MTK6735 Quad Core 4600mAh 4G LTE Mobile Phone Android 5.1 2GB RAM 16GB ROM 8.0MP 5.0" HD Free Case
s.aliexpress.com/ZB7V3qaq

Personally would go with the oukitel since according to YouTube videos it's got really solid build quality. The guy couldn't break the screen by dropping it so he threw it at a brick wall hard to break the screen.

Thanks user, I want 5" screen, and not too heavy. oukitel K4000 seem nice but 210 grams is too much. is there a phone with same specs but good quality and not heavy. I never heard about those chink brands.

No idea, do some research online. I wouldn't risk it with chink off-brands. Xiaomi, Meizu, Oppo and a couple others are known quality and you can get support online easily. Everything else can be hit or miss, and you're most likely fucked if you need support to flash the stock ROM to unbrick or root it to get rid of chink spyware.

The leagoo should be a bit lighter, but don't forget that weight is the into the battery. Both phones are 4000mAh+ battery sizes, so you'll be getting solid battery life.

alright thank you fellas.

If you're going to buy, I recommend checking YouTube for reviews

whut, never got those problems and i have a Jiayu g2f with a MTK6582 cpu. Plus there are plenty of custom roms..

Mediatek only gets less roms because their phones are less popular. Redmi note 2 is mediatek and has a few roms.

As we said, it can be hit and miss, doogee and jiayu can still be considered B-tier brands and popular enough to find pajeet ROMs on XDA or other places but QC can be spotty at best.

From anecdotal evidence, chinkphones are somewhat popular in Spain, but most people I know that cheapened it out and went for the absolute cheapest like those Leagoo stuff nobody ever heard about ended up buying an actual phone (as oposed to a shoddily hacked together plastic garbage) less than 6 months after for one reason or another.

Chinkphones are only good if you live in china. In my case, I live in Spain, the normal time until your smartphone arrives from china is +- 1 month, you get 0 tech support, if something breaks on your phone your warranty covers the reparation IN CHINA (you have to send it, pay the shipping cost (like 30€) and wait like 2 months until you get it back), the system language is full on chinese so the spanish versions of the system are just google traductor shit made by the dealers, etc etc..

Right now chinkphones are a complete NO for me, will se after some time when brands like Xiaomi or Meizu do a good international expansion...

If I would flash a custom rom anyway the stock rom shouldn't be a problem

Even if you have to pay 100€ for shipping if the phone breaks it still would be cheaper than an expensive phone probably, but 2 months without a phone is damn long tough

Are there some nice custom roms for chinkphones? And is it more complicated to flash them than on "normal" phones?

Custom ROMs are not magic, they have to be done specifically for each model. Most (if not all) cheapo chinkphone manufacturers don't give a flying fuck for software licenses so source code for the kernel is never released. Without that the best you'll get will be "Pajeet's hacked together crap[no BT][no 3G][sound works sometimes][based on Cyanogen from 2 years ago]" and that's if you're lucky and get anything AT ALL.

If you have no idea of how does the ROM scene work (and it shows) PLEASE don't ever buy a chinkphone.

Why is Xiaomi so based bros?

>tfw cracked display on my note 2 ;_;

what Xiaomi phone should I get now gents?
>tfw got addicted to MIUI botnet.

Gtfo

reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/4ktp53/psa_redmi_note_2_eu_charger_risk_of_electric_shock/

you are lucky your display cracked, it could have been worse

Xiaomi, never forever

Would the chinkphones accept a straight talk sim? Or rather the other ways around, would straight talk work with a chinkphone?

Xiaomi shirr reporting in. Very happy with this phone. battery strong rike chairman mao

I have one of those, pretty fucking great phone. Not many cut corners at all.

what are ROMs?

youtube.com/watch?v=g5yFs07y7mQ

>tfw can get Redmi note 3 is cheaper than the damn screen replacement

gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_max-8057.php

Had my Redmi Note 3 Pro for like a month now, it's 10/10 so far.

If it manages to hold up for the next couple years, I'll be thoroughly impressed and swear never to buy another overpriced non chink phone again.

Yeah i know how they aren't magic, that's why I asked if there are some nice working ROMs out there for a chinkphone if anybody has good expierence with those.
But apparently there aren't

I'm pretty pissed off about having to pay £22 duty and tax for a phone I've already payed for!

Waiting for Zuk Z2 Pro and hopefully somebody will examine the frame by bending it.

The Xiaomi Mi5 has good specs but the body is weak and fragile.

I need new phone and been looking at Xiaomi.. I used to have iPhone but it is like expensive handcuffs. I want android. What is the best place to buy a Xiaomi, Sup Forums?

Redmi Note 3 Pro is too big.

Need something smaller than 5,2''

nice.
I bought them online yesterday. gonna arrive anytime soon.

Where did you buy from?

Well the power/volume button would lose its color pretty fast (because cheap plastic) but other than that, it's a great phone. Much better built than your run of the mill Lenovo smartphone

There are some resellers in Europe that offer technical support and customer service themselves so phones never have to be sent to China for repair and everything is done locally, with a propper invoice with taxes and shit. You'll pay a premium over aliexpress or gearbest but you'll get your phone in a couple of days and with an actual warranty.

Just do some googling or ask in local tech forums.

Some of them release kernel and driver source, so you can easily build a cyanogenmod on your own with minimal knowledge

>You will never get custom ROMs. Decide whether you care.

you post this literally days after xioami released its kernel source

>a good chance it would work
>a good chance

jesus christ