Honestly, why shouldn't i get an LG G4 off ebay for $200?

honestly, why shouldn't i get an LG G4 off ebay for $200?

>removable battery, which i'll replace with a massive zerolemon power plant to make it last forever
>removable SD card
>decently powerful for the ebay price
>really easy to mod, easy to root and unlock the bootloader
>decent camera
>not really that old (released about a year ago)
>looks nice

what's the catch?

honestly, i'd get a nexus 5x instead but nobody makes extended batteries for them, which is a dealbreaker considering how awful the battery life is

g4 is gud stuff but they have heat issues

Don't all phones get warm these days? Or is it THAT bad with G4

>zerolemon

Enjoy your fuckhuge brick

kind of common issue on all snapdragon 810 chipset devices

i already enjoy my fuckhuge brick galaxy s3 and i greatly enjoy the fact that it lasts FOREVER on a charge. easily three days of heavy usage

From my experience, there isnt much heat issue on the 808. But definitely can feel the lack of power a little bit. The concave shape can be a bit annoying

Bootloop issue, google it

Shut the fuck up kid. I water cool my shit

Do it OP, easily the best phone of 2015

>micro-usb
Into the trash it goes

The G4 is 808.

Been using my G4 for about half year now and loving it for the reasons OP listed.
It does get a bit warm when using intensive apps but I put on a thick phone cover so it doesn't affect me much.
Other than that not much to complain about and worth the money imo

Zenfone 2 or this?

Op, g4 = best phone ever

The G4 is all around the best smartphone put out in the past few years, even today. The V10 didn't really improve on it, the G5 is utter garbage, and the competition can't touch it, especially the camera which still takes the best images I've ever taken/seen from a smartphone ever in the history of such devices.

Even just using the Auto function gets you pics that are so far ahead of the competition it's not even funny, and if you learn to master the Manual mode and it's complexities you'll take truly astonishing images that no other camera on a smartphone has yet matched.

I had a G4 recently, ended up having to sell it to catch up on bills 'cause you know real life fucking sucks sometimes and I really hope to get another one soon. Grabbed a G Flex 2 which works great but, the lack of that f1.8 camera from the G4 really bugs the shit outta me more often than not. It's a fantastic phone, really, great battery life and the Snapdragon 810 is powerful - yes it did have some overheating issues when I first got it but I rooted it then pushed some updated thermal configuration files to it and now it's smooth as buttered Teflon and has no overheating problems, gets over 74K on Antutu (but it's over a year old so it's still fucking powerful as hell).

Wish it had the G4's camera, however.

OP: for ~$200 you simply cannot get a better overall smartphone, it's just not possible. Get a nice leather back or two for it (I had a black and yellow leather set, gorgeous), get a few spare batteries, a large microSD card, and you're golden.

I really miss my G4, dammit.

>sad Keanu

Because you can get a g3 for 100

The G4 has no heat issues, it uses a hexacore Snapdragon 808, you moron.

Is the G4 a big upgrade over a G2? I still have my G2, it's good

I still have G2 too, my friend has the G4. Camera in G4 is way better, especially in low-light conditions.

aside from the camera is it a lot faster?

yes

Wrong.

G3 certain ones overheated like fuck but they were changed no questions asked if you were on contract (uk anyway).

G4 has the 808 cpu due to the problems with the 805 in the G3.

Had mine for about 9 months. Shit hot phone. No major concerns

Guize, need help

I'm with a moto x in bad shape and need a new phone.
I dont need a ultra high spec one, but as a geologist exposed to rain, drops and etc I needed a rugged one

Thought about a Cat S50, but I heard they shit themselves with White screens of death, and since I live in Brazil and there 's no Cat here, it would be a pain to replace it.

Is there a better option than the moto x force? Does the Sony Z waterproof line still overheats?