2016 MacBook Pro May Include OLED Display Touch Bar and Touch ID

forums.macrumors.com/threads/2016-macbook-pro-may-include-oled-display-touch-bar-and-touch-id.1974101/

>Apple plans to introduce a revamped high-end MacBook Pro this year that'll include a thinner and lighter form factor, Touch ID and a new OLED display touch bar above the keyboard, according to a new report from KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. The new MacBook Pro would come in 13- and 15-inch variations and arrive in the fourth quarter of 2016.

>While long overlooked, the MacBook line is the brightest spot for Appleā€™s 2016 rollouts. This is particularly true of the two new MacBook Pro models, to be introduced in 4Q16, as they will have a thinner and lighter form factor, Touch ID, use OLED display touch bar (to replace physical function keys, located above the keyboard) and adopt USB- C / Thunderbolt 3.

>Kuo calls the new MacBook Pro updates the "most significant upgrade ever undertaken by Apple." The new "thin and light" design will be helped by new metal injection mold-made hinges and the butterfly-mechanism keyboards that debuted in the 12-inch MacBook. There has been speculation Apple would introduce Touch ID to MacBooks and, in the meantime, Apple engineers are working on a way users could unlock their Macs with Touch ID on iPhone.

Here's hoping they mean financial Q4 and not fucking Christmas.

>Touch laptops.
Can this meme die already.

Hopefully Apple can implement biometrics better than HP had in the past 10 years with that shitty scanner on their own laptops

I am just waiting thunderbolt 3 with native e-GPU support. Then I will sell every computer in the house and buy it.

It's just a bar above the keyboard, but it sounds gimmicky to me.

>OLED display touch bar (to replace physical function keys)

>literally no function keys
>more fucking butterfly switches
lenovo save us from this 16:9 hell

the idea is that the function keys are on the bar

Lenovo has a laptop with this too IIRC

>Touch ID
>Open laptop up to upgrade storage, replace battery
>boot
>ERORR: SEE SERVICE TECHNICIAN
>user you need a new laptop you disrupted the touch ID sensor it's a security feature for your own good
>because fingerprints are actually secure
>what do you mean someone could lift a print off the exact laptop they want to break into and create a silicone copy? that's nonsense.

If you cant innovate, imitate.

That thing still has function keys. This is just hot garbage.

I hope they're wrong. This sounds like total bullshit and the beginning of the end.
OLED keys.

It has both.

Sounds quite "not Apple" to me.

>thin and light
>already at the thermal throttling point, design wise
Fuck off and die, Apple. Your last great laptop was 2012

Isn't Apple's TouchID ARM only??

The OSX dock is so fucking obnoxious, its a waste of screen space.

If they moved it to where the function keys were that would probably be an improvement, but it seems like a hacky fix for a flawed design.

Intel knows how to do Trusted Computing.

>CPU throttles if you run CPU torture tests for an hour

Oh noooooooooo...

It's about time. Abel are getting far behind times, my friends.

It shouldn't throttle at all.
A laptop with adequate cooling will be able to run turbo boost indefinitely.

>upgrade storage
just use external for your chink cartoons you dumb autist

They seem to be doing what happened last time Steve Jobs left the company and not understanding what the fuck to do.
They're segmenting their market too much again and losing usability to design 'THIN, LIGHT, TOUCH'

Or you can just hide the dock bar unless you mouse over it, just like in Windows and Ubuntu.

Designers design for real world scenarios

>touch bar

pls no

I'm sorry no that's largely complete shit
Apple, by and large, used to design so that their products would work pretty solidly even if put under horrendous amounts of strain.
That's no longer the case and it's shameful.

You can't name one scenario where you would need to put your CPU under CPU torture test levels of load for an hour (apart from testing CPU throttling)

Encoding, rendering, compiling, gaming.

There are 4 for you.

Still magnitudes less stressful

>Compiling for an hour

Lol

Sounds like that one ThinkPad

Any of those activities is enough to throttle a macbook to shit.

[citation needed]

looks like shit

>social buttons on your keyboard

Encoding video is quite often enough to cause significant stress on a Macbook these days and runs into multiple hours.

Dude Macbooks throttle by default even without high load. The systems use more power than the power brick supplies and once the battery drops below a certain percentage the system is throttled.

That's not a citation. If you can't back up your posts don't make them.

>not sharing your best frags with yo homies
do you even game brah?

Its evidence that Macbooks are engineered to throttle. Even you admitted that they are shit and not designed to run at 100% I don't understand why you are asking for citations when you already admitted I am right.

Your useless anecdotes are not evidence.

Everything you didn't witness yourself is an anecdote, its a red herring.

Just so we can wrap this up.

You have no evidence of and I won't be replying any further until you provide some.

>use OLED display touch bar (to replace physical function keys, located above the keyboard)
Lenovo did it first
(And utterly failed with it, and rightfully so)
Lets see if it will work out for apple.
protip:
It probably will
Unfortunately
Fuck
this
gay
earth

Just stop posting nobody is falling for your only synthetic benchmarks cause throttling bullshit lol.

You don't even need to put it under 100% load, the highest performance state draws more power than the brick provides, it eats into the battery and then permanently locks out higher performance levels COMPLETELY until the battery is charged.

This isn't even the same issue, its a blatant design flaw that means you can play a video game for a few hours and then suffer huge FPS drops rendering your fagbook only good for a few hours of gaming tops even when plugged in.

So if they do it right and it works what's the problem?

BECAUSE APPLE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>muh gaymes
just buy a razer then you memetrip using weebshit

Would you buy a car that can only drive at 70mph for 2 hours?

I mean, you live in the city and hardly ever go on the highway so that makes it ok, right?

Cuck'd so godamn hard lol.

>So if they do it right and it works what's the problem?
The problem is, it wont work, but it will sell because apple.
Which means, that the mbp will be unusable for folks like me, who just want to escape the 16:9 hell, but yet need their machine for more than just posting on facebook at starbucks and dont fucking care if some autists on Sup Forums like it or not.

software is as important as hardware, if not more so

case in point: android and winshit

Who gives a shit you can slap Linux or Windows on it and its still going to have the same problem.

what i meant was that the throttling is only an issue for winblows/lincucks

>OLED display
About time the first laptops with OLED arri..
>touch bar
Well fuck you too apple.

The throttling isn't software dependent, you can argue that you, as an OSX user don't suffer from throttling but all you are really saying is that you don't use your laptop.

Thinkpads already have OLED displays, they were the first actually.

Shit, you're right. I thought Dell would be the first one to release an OLED laptop, but Lenovo's already done it.

Would you realllllly want one though?
I would be super paranoid about burn in and wear.

watch it be the exact same laptop as the 2015 one with skylake and usb c/thunderbolt 3
apple has no reason to mess up with the pro line. i do expect something happening with air tho, either being discontinued or getting a better display and force touch

True dat. Apearantly lenovo didn't have an answer to it either, as they dodged the question on how they would prevent burn-in during an interview.

Can you imagine the backlash when macfags everywhere realize that their superior black levels come at the cost of a screen that fades after a few months of use. I can guarantee they try to sue.

Instead of putting an actual OLED screen in it, they do this.
Dropped.

Those are customizable buttons that you can change to anything typically gaming macros. Social Buttons are a stock image placeholder.

>inb4 you can just use putty to trigger the fingerprint residue on the scanner

And it's not sounding like anyone asked for any of these new features.

>only I have this problem because I'm autistic
It's fucking horrible, it's such a design flaw.

This, every touch bar I've ever used on a laptop are a hot steaming pile of shit. If they still go with it hopefully Apple will do it right and prove me wrong. But for now I'm absolutely against it.

>move to the right/left
>and hide
what's the problem m8

>applel copies the worst feature of a thinkpad

They actually bought that company (AuthenTech), they made touch id

While I personally don't care for the touch ID, I'm hoping to pick up a macbook pro when it comes out (provided apple doesn't fuck up the keyboard and puts Polaris/Pascal in it.)

To be fair, apple tend to make even the worst pile of shit work surprisingly well