Speccy thread?

speccy thread?
speccy thread

Dat 2500k.

Old but still good.

Hoping my 5820k is similar. (though at least my motherboard supports 10 core CPUs if I ever really needed more)

mirin' that storage man, i couldnt even imagine using up what i currently have

I can't fucking wait to get rid of my 780 when Polaris arrives.

I've got about 6-7TB free, I should be set for the year, maybe a bit longer.

70% is anime, rest is movies, TV, music, games, books, and programs.

i got a 2nd one today for just $180 AUD, will keep me going until polaris aswell

Guess what im upgrading next.

That empty spot in your soul

Waiting for Polaris :3

here
>chkdsk the samsung drive
> BLOCKING ISSUE : your hard disk has 91 pending sectors. Those are sectors that couldn't be properly read and that the hard disk logic is waiting for a write operation to try to remap to a spare sector (if available).
WELP
Just ordered a 6TB WD Blue off of Amazon...

pleb here, I've been meaning to ask you guys, is it right for my ram to be clocked at 799MHz?

I'm pretty sure these were advertised as higher when I built this pc long ago, 1600 maybe, why are some clocked higher like these and others lower like these is it a configuration issue, or is it intended?

I'm waiting for Zen. However, I will most likely not upgrade, unless I can get a real 8 core.

>4.5 GHz
You lucky son of a bitch
How much have you spent on your drives?
Gonna get a 1070/1080, or are just going to wait for Polaris?

Budget build, non-pc gamer although I am seriously considering wanting to create a Steam account just for Dark Souls 3.

>How much have you spent on your drives?
Current ones?
$750? maybe a bit more.

I had two 2TB drives die on me this year :(

DDR stands for double data rate. You double the number shown in Speccy to get the actual speed of your memory. So your sticks are running at the rated 1600MHz, whereas for instance is DDR4 3333MHz.

That sucks, i haven't had a drive die on me in years. My old drives I copy the data from them and then put them in my closet (so it's sorta like a backup I don't update). That way if a drive dies in just bring back the drive (or drives) the data originally came from.

Of course new data i would lose out on, but the majority of my media that is new is being put on my newest drives, so not a huge concern. And I also have an online backup using crashplan, it's slow for the initial upload, but it's cheap and it works.

thanks user

Probably going to go 1080 this time. I realize the Ti card will be better in every measureable way, but if I can get a 1080 to run at 60fps on max settings at 1080p ill be happy. The 760 4gb is a great card for what I paid, but in some situations it does show its age, specifically with heavy light effects. Doubling the memory is probably the biggest thing im looking at.

People will say im shilling but I haven't had a Radeon card since the 4000 series and even then, id buy an XFX if I were to. EVGA has been good to me.

I think some upgrades are in order

>4 more GB of RAM
>R9 2/390X
>New CPU cooler
>better case fans
>a lot more storage

Can anyone recommend a good air cooler that will handle an OC'd 2600K? Maybe a Dark Rock Pro 3?

can recommend thermalright macho a bw
overclocked my i5-2500k runs 65°C under load at 4,5ghz

bls no bully

hail Xeon

>TFW fell for skylake meme
"Upgraded" from Xeon x5650 to i5 6600k.

Fuck me in the ass, what a huge mistake. At least I sold my old motherboard for $300.

No. You're not serious.

Waiting on Zen. Fuck me AMD HURRY UP. I want my 10 core chip.

Why would you want Zen when you already have a good enough computer? Wait another 5 years.

750ti reporting

4690k won't bottleneck anything for a while guy

encoding times. My i5 is great for gaming but really lags when trying to encode videos. I have many Blu-ray rips that get up to around 50gb and even with my i5 overclocked, encodes take up to 1 hour and 15 minutes. This is for a single video and I do up to 5 videos at a shot. That's almost 7 hours of leaving my my main PC locked at 100% usage unable to do anything else. With moar coars I would be able to open my encoding software in a VM, set 4-6 cores for encoding, and use the rest for other stuff.

Not to mention newer standards. USB 3.1 ports/USB C. More pcie lanes so I can run nvme SSDs at fully capability.

haven't decided on a 1070 or 1080 yet.

seems like I'd rather get two 1070s and OC the piss out of them at the "founders" crap prices.

ayy

Its a fun chip, but I itch for something more powerful.

was running a Q6600 with everything untill i upgraded to an i5. next purchase, a new psu and gpu :3

What PSU Are you using? Might not be necessary to get a new one. Any idea what GPU? The jump forward in CPU performance from 6600 to the i5 was nice yea?

H I
I

Kind of related question. Do you think getting a refurbished Asus Z68 mATX motherboard for $90 and a used i7 2600k for $150 is a good deal?

I'm running a corsair CX500m. gpu, i'm not sure yet. might wait until amd has brought their new cards out before i make a decision. but those new nvidia ones do look tasty. if i was to buy a new psu it would have to be able to handle any future sli/crossfire setups i might have, but thats a while away yet lol

quoted the wrong post lol

>1080 to run at 60fps on max settings at 1080p ill be happy
>1080p
Nigga just get Polaris or pay a little extra for the 1070.

no.You'd be buying into an old chip, older standard, and on the chance the motherboard just dies, you're fucked.

A 4790k could be had for $250 and Z97 board for $120. More money? Yes.

Or save and get a brand new 6700k and Z170. I say this because you plan to keep the CPU/mobo for a long time, don't buy into old standards.

Mines a sad prebuilt from 2011, I don't dare to post specs they are sad.

>Xeon x5650
Nigga why not get a 5820k?

Cool. Thanks.

Post em anyways so we can laugh at you.

just stay away from the CX series in the future. They'd mediocre quality. Look at something like the EVGA G series. Or V series from Cooler Master.

Ok. On the lookout for an upgrade to Zen/*-E and Vega/1080Ti.

Na, I will build a pc one day, but have other prioritizes right now.

I honestly have no idea what i should with my computer. Maybe grab an SSD or something.

>not falling for the SSD meme
Do it faggot. I bought a TB when it was $400, now you can find them for less than $250. Maybe a 250GB for less than $100 will do.

X5650 was LGA1366

5820k is LGA2011, which is another based socket.

ive been eyeing up the EVGA ones, all the reviews ive read/watched have all been pretty much positive. just not sure what wattage to go with.

Rate it.
This is a desktop.

Damn son I didn't realize they had gotten that cheap. I always saw them as a luxury not a necessity.

any mITX bros in here?

Getting a 970 in a few days

Why not grab a used 980ti or wait for the 1080/1070?

Patrician build senpai

Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

As a 970 owner myself, you are waiting a few days, might as well wait a few more for the 1070. Who knows, maybe Polaris will come out in June as well.

Sandy bridge are still good , i own a 2500k and dont plan on upgrading my cpu for the next 2/3 years , it all depend on what you are aiming for! Its good for 1080p gaming and shitposting , maybe a lil enconding since you are talking about a 2600k. I also own a refurbished Z68 gen 3 board for a years now and i Oc the shit out of my cpu and everything is running smooth as fuck.
The other user also right! Its old tech , adding just a little would give you better and new.

Ooh yeah, you jelly right? Yeah.

Meh?

>tfw no money to build a new pc
Pic related is a prebuilt form 2011. I really need to upgrade the ram, not sure what kind?

Adding more RAM, but I just finished installing openSUSE on this thing.

>tfw installing openSUSE with a serial console.

Anything I should upgrade or improve on?

get another [spoiler]8gb of ram[/spoiler]

Thanks for your response, too, user.

Not bad for something I got for.

Thoughts?

Spooky thread?

>Opera
Into le bin you go.

need dat dere polaris 480x

another 8gm ram would be nice

why is my ram running at 799mhz? it's supposed to be 1600

>tfw haven't bothered to rice anything beyond muh colorz

What's wrong with Opera? It's actually a really nice browser. Only issue I have with it is the high ram usage.

>Only issue I have with it is the high ram usage.
>he didn't fall for the 16gb ram meme

what the fuck do i upgrade besides storage, Sup Forums?

polaris

but muh pascal

Buying a HDD soon

>4.5ghz
>32 nm

My cpu is 3.2 ghz and 45nm. Brother.

Here's your speccy