So what happened to Tox, do people still use it...

So what happened to Tox, do people still use it? I wanted to try it out to see what changed since the last time I used it, what fork should I try? what do you recommend/use?

Other urls found in this thread:

toxstats.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wanted to try it too, seems to be a good alternative to skype botnet but unfortunately, noone uses it :'(

i see that they added screen sharing, i think that will make my friends change to it. we mainly use skype for group chat and screensharing.
does qTox have screensharing it doesnt say on their github?

I don't know, add me if Sup Forums bloody lets me post my id, this shitty botnet thinks my id is spam...

Holy shit I cant post my ID neither a zerobin link to it...

you could use zbar to read it

Tox has thousands of regular users. qTox supports desktop sharing.

screensharing? might check it out later

That logo looks kind of unprofessional to be honest with you

That's a cool logo

It died because we found out it leaks your IP address.

Nice samefagging.

There are several options on fdroid so this is useless

>talking with people on your pc

It had a lot of potential and then all the good people left. End of story.

Now it just exists an alternative to other tinfoil chat programs. Nothing really to brag about; and unless all your friends are tinfoil linux users who also filter their internet browsing habits through Tor, no one you know uses Tox.

Nobody ever actually used it.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, go away shill, tox is dead

Retard
toxstats.com/

daily reminder
>tox leaks your ip
>tox leaks your donations
>tox leaks their developers

When you have to argue about whether a service has users and is relevant you know it isn't.

filtered

Also to clarify the niggers in that video represent the Tox devs and the guy sitting down is Sup Forums.

>It died because we found out it leaks your IP address.
Point to point communication software exposing an ip address? Say it ain't so!

Seriously though. Sup Forums is fucking retarded. Tox is point to point, not a mesh setup like Tor. If you think its not going to expose your ip then you may need to learn some BASIC networking.

God damn monkeys.

Ay big goy, what does fork mean?

a "version" of tox

thank you

Tox is peer to peer so of course it exposes your ip address.

Tox claims to protection you from government spying which is false. All they want and need is the meta data. What you say isn't that important.
This taux leaks your ip adress comes from a legit concern about privacy

yea only took 3 years

IP address is not meta data, it's an identifier, just like your phone number is not meta data. Who you are calling, friends with, your social graph, those are meta data.

Only hackerman could design p2p without exposure of IP

You can use it through TOR.

>using two technologies at the same time

IMPOSSIBRU