what programming languages should I learn in order to be able to work on vidya

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_(game_engine)#Games_by_other_developers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Python. Fuck off Sup Forums.

HTML

Visual Basic

also,

maybe my post was too short and simple but to clear things out I dont mean that I want to make vidya myself of course not, iits stupid, I want to have a job at developer studio, start of as a tester and then climbing the career tree into a vidya programmer

thanks and sorry,i never visit this board and the wiki doest specifically mention what i wanna knwo

>start of as a tester and then climbing the career tree into a vidya programmer

Are you retarded?

what do you mean, it gives you valuable experience

Video game tester? Where do I sign up bros?

C++

C++ also lmao at all the people that get offended when vidya is brought up.

Unity uses C#

>Meme games?
GML or C#
>Big budget meme games?
C++

>he actually believes this
top wew

SQL

lisp

Javascript

name one indie game made with C++ it's literally impossible.

well you are testing if a game has any bugs by doing some things repeatedly many times and you gradually learn how the games function and what to watch out for, how is that not an expirience in itself
if you know your stuff and are able to find solutions to the bugs and glitches you encounter you will move higher

see double plus

but you should just focus on actually learning programming, studying algorithms and so on before worrying about the language

You obviously don't know anything about the industry if you think you'll ever move up from a tester position to a developer position

yes, I am going to university but from what I heard you learn majority of stuff yourself (btw im not american lmao)

Rust is the future

C++, Lua.

>vidya
Go learn R.

so nobody will ever become a developer

Unity scripting

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_(game_engine)#Games_by_other_developers

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines[62] (2004)
Garry's Mod (2004)
Empires (video game) (2006)
SiN Episodes (2006)
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (2006)
The Ship (2006)
Dystopia (2007)
Insurgency (2007)
Zeno Clash[63] (2009)
NeoTokyo (2009)
Bloody Good Time (2010)
Vindictus (2010)
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy (2011)
No More Room in Hell (2011)
Nuclear Dawn (2011)
Postal III (2011)
Dino D-Day (2011)
Dear Esther (2012)
Black Mesa (2012)
Tactical Intervention (2013)
The Stanley Parable (2013)
Blade Symphony (2014)
Consortium (2014)
Contagion (2014)
Titanfall (2014)
Portal Stories: Mel (2015)
The Beginner's Guide (2015)
Infra (2016)

>Indie

lol

It doesn't matter. Programming isn't about the language it's about the problem solving.

A good language to learn is C because it doesn't introduce many special snowflake concepts that other languages may have. Learning it is a way for you to understand what is going on with the computer in reality outside the abstractions you're use to operating with - GUI, OS bullshit, engine things

After becoming familiar with C and making a snake game or two I'd recommend you start looking into engines and doing a few mods, there are plenty of tutorials for every one, I'm sure. just pick something and make a project or two.

The fag the made undertail for example didn't even know how to program, he just picked up gamemaker and worked hard.
So you could go that raute if you want to make a game, but if you want to be a gamedev you will have to know a real programming language which will enable you more easily to learn whatever the people that employ you want you to learn.
I had to learn python on my first job and it took me less than a week because I already knew how computer languages work in general.

Can you konami code?

Python 2.7 is best language 10/10

>name one indie game made with C++ it's literally impossible.

Well I've got no plan to release it but I made a minecraft clone as a school project using c++ with a homemade engine.

Start with C# and Unity.

No you didn't

read a job posting kid

Garry's Mod, The Ship, Insurgency, Zeno Clash, NeoTokyo, Bloody Good Time, E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy, No More Room in Hell, Dino D-Day, Dear Esther, The Stanley Parable, Blade Symphony, Contagion and The Beginner's Guide are all indie games you retard.

COBOL

by the time you grow up, all of this advice will have become obsolete

Please return when you're 18+ years of age, friend :)

Why does no one use Java to make indie games, apart from Notch?
I wrote a few games using C++/SDL in high school. Just finished my first year at uni and they taught us Java. It seemed like it'd be pretty good for making a small game

>Big budget
"In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") or Triple-A[1] is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion."
AAA games are usually made with C++.

I would learn Python as a first language
it's extremely easy to learn
high level language
interpreted
tons of libraries for free
open source shit

from there, C++

I have used Unity to make games
it's for normies, but it's fun
you can use java if you want in certain places

I'm 30 and no you don't.

You're just too dumb to wrap your head around C++.