Cheap mobo that will be suitable for over clocking a i7 6700k?

Cheap mobo that will be suitable for over clocking a i7 6700k?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170hd3p
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Looking at an MSI z170a krait gaming 3x

Any 170Z?

That's what I was going with, but I wasn't sure about the vrms.

*Z170

I'm a little apprehensive about overheating the vrms on a new motherboard cause I have that problem with my current build

I'm planning to use the Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P ATX LGA1151 mobo for my 6700k, looks decent enough, with a thunderbolt 3.0 port.

Does it have 2 on board usb 3.1 headers?

PcPP says it comes with 3.0 headers, not sure if that's just their weird standard to call them all 3.0 or not though, here's there page on the motherboard. pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170hd3p

Goddamn, I hit send just as I realized i put "there" and not "their"

Roast me. I deserve it, Sup Forums.

Newegg says 2 usb 3.0. That is about $30 dollar cheaper, but I'm still a bit worried about the vrms, specifically when over clocking. Can't really find anything about their configuration

Red one is 3.1, the three blue ones are 3.0 and the small one left to the red is a Type-C USB with 3.1 support.

Those aren't the -headers-, user. First picture at the bottom has a very pixelated "USB" text over the headers.

It just werks.

Think imma go with the regular krait gaming

>overclocking
>cheap as in 'saving on parts quality'

You cannot have both at the same time if you don't want your machine to die in less than a year, unless your 'overclocking' will be dumb stuff like +100MHz to turbo frequency on stock voltage.

I want to be able to go to about a 4.5 clock but not pay more than $150 for the mobo. The price is more important than the overclock, but if I can get a cheap board that can overclock that'd be nice

Either buy a 5820K for the same price with a more expensive board , or buy a 6700 with one of the MSI H110/B150 VD or Gaming boards, there's no reason to buy the 6700K

The i7 6700 already turbos to 4ghz, there's no reason to buy a 6700K

Late as fuck but I never buy MSI. Too many damn cooling issues.

This expansion with the dinosaurs was great. I loved recreating my own Jurassic Park-style type scenarios. Fun.

building my little brother a PC and got him this Mobo

It's a $40 difference and the k stock clock is 4.0