Fell for the SSD meme Sup Forums. How did I do?

Fell for the SSD meme Sup Forums. How did I do?

You don't follow degenerate memes.

>bx200
iirc the bx200 had something wrong but forgot what it was.

Good, I guess? I've had one for a while now. Whats wrong with yours?

I've had several Micron SSDs, and they all work fine
>inb4 several y
I 'totem pole' my SSDs (Desktop -> Laptop -> server)

You got a good, reasonably priced one for most mainstream use.

Unless you plan to run an insane database workload, you will be fine.

You should've gotten a 750 series 250GB same price but the performance is much better. I have both

high failure rate

People still buy poorfag ssds?

cheap SSDs and flash storage have basically destroyed the desktop market. stop calling shit memes.

Oh dear, oh dear dear dear...

The BX200 series is slow and lacks stability compared to others. If you want to buy Crucial/Micron, you want the MX series. The BX is budget crap.

However, right now for the same kind of cash you can get a better setup. I assume you want a SATA drive, not a PCIe one?

There are 3 top tier SSD brands now, Crucial/Micron, Intel, and Samsung. However, until Intel XPoint is rolled out, only Samsung will have 3D-NAND. Thus, your best options are...

Budget - Samsung 850 EVO. Faster and more reliable than anything in its class.
Performance - Samsung 850 Pro . For a little more than the EVO you get a much longer warranty and some better speed, reliability.
Ultra performance - Got a PCI-E slot, or M.2 NVMe? 950 Pro is where to go for WAY faster than the Sata drives. Only thing is they're more expensive.

So yeah. The others are okay, good on a really cheap sale an will still perform well, but all else being equal buy Samsung instead.

Why didnt you at least get samsung?

>Average price of a 1tb ssd is $350

This is a joke right? Tell me you guys didn't fall for this.

muh boot speeds

BX100>BX200 desu senpai

I got a 512 GB Evo 850 for 110$ definitely have no regrets. I thought I would since I have a MacBook Pro and I wasn't that impressed by the nvme drive

>1tb

If you wan anything more than 500 gb, then you would get an hdd which is way better for storing media. SSDs aren't for storage, they're for your system to be installed in for the faster speed overall.

whats wrong with getting a TB though?

In my experience, Crucial has been pretty high-tier in the SSD market, but I haven't upgraded my drives in about 3 years.

Something about not lying about their write speeds, but that might have been a meme.

It summons microscopic jews into your wallet

You posted a thread about it.
So you failed.

>Buy 250 GB SSD
>Install system on it
>Install all programs on it
>Install GTA V on it
>Still only half full

I have 5 ssds :)
One is in the USB enclosure on desktop rig

That is just the SSD gimmick in general. I am sure this particular model requires a ``firmware update'' and to be used in a specific manner. Like not at all or something stupid like that.

install gentoo

Stop being this poor.
Only use it for ya system and 250gb would be enough and cheap enough.

I've sold about 200 of these in the past few weeks. People choose them over the Kingston V300 which are ultra shit-tier but I'm not sure why they prefer these over the MX200s, which I sell for only £4 more.

Nothing particularly wrong with it, should be a reasonable ssd.

I think the problem of bx200 vs mx200 was that the bx200 is half as fast in some ways but it's only like $5 cheaper.

>XXDDDD ?G/ I FELLL FOR MEME HAHHAHA AM I A MEMER NOW!??!/ONE!!!!//?SLASH XDDDD

I know that feel
I paid for the 240gb ssd meme but after I installed everything on it and even large games and shit i noticed i dont use half the drive