Will Windows 10 actually become a service? Will I have to pay monthly or yearly for Windows?

Will Windows 10 actually become a service? Will I have to pay monthly or yearly for Windows?

Is this all just a meem?

The day it becomes a service is the day I move permanently to Linux

You misunderstand. You are the service. Why else do you think they gave it away for free?

Pretend I'm a retard (not that hard), explain a bit more in depth "software as a service" and how it relates to Win10

I thought Win 10 gets its money by having its store options show up every fucking time I do a search for a local file.

who the fuck cares? I use it only for gaming and the moment they make it like that I'd rather get a PS4. Windows 10 is not even a real OS anymore user.

also this

Windows as a Service is the same as iOS as a Service. If you are on supported hardware it will keep updating until the hardware you are on is no longer supported.

Sage, report and hide w10 threads

Sage goes in all fields

Because the traditional model of selling sealed boxes is less profitable than just letting people get it online. Don't be dense, W10 is nothing like the way facebook manhandles your data

Except its not the same thing at all. There is a very high profit margine to be made on the hardware sale of ios devices which pays for the software, on top of that, there is a cost of entry to sell software to iOS for every app there is a fee if they want to sell on the "App Store".

Windows is fully open to legacy software which is completely outside of the control of Microsoft making that "service" unprofitable, You'd be looking to software coming from the Windows App store in order to make money and most people don't buy windows apps as of yet, there is virtual no cost of entry to developing for windows. That leaves monetisation through advertising and user data, just like facebook, meaning you are the product.

The first one is always free.
Once you are committed,
you will pay a rent/service fee to continue using windows.

I didn't even say anything good about w10

>I use it only for gaming and the moment they make it like that I'd rather get a PS4.
this desu familia

It is already a service. They collect your personal data to sell you new products based on received information. They receive revenue from windows store. They already have paid "outlook without ads". It's just mater of time when Windows get free2use version bloated with all kinds of ads and you will have to pay extra to get rid of them.

They can do whatever the fuck they want only because they have nearly 90% market share on desktops and laptops, meaning A LOT of people are now tied to different kinds of windows-only software, especially enterprise market.

its the same way with meth. they give you a bit for free then they keep raising the price everytime you come back

windows, not even once.

Just wait for it it's gonna happen. Ad free version at first then a monthly sub like Xbox live later. MS invented this whole bullshit money for doing nothing scam

Wait, so he doesn't have depression, he's just masquerading? That doesn't seem so bad

he's just masquerading the masquerade, he's actually depressed beneath that.

multiple levels, user.

picardia thread

Don't make the damage control so evident Pajeet.