Just got my T420 in the mail, what Linux distro should I install? Was thinking about Fedora

Just got my T420 in the mail, what Linux distro should I install? Was thinking about Fedora.

windows 10

Cuck.

Hackintosh

Winrar

Install Ubuntu

Gentoo. Anything else is for kids.

I put Gentoo on my T420, works great.

Send it back, get a PowerPC Thinkpad and install IBM i. That will get your sufficient nerdcred.

checked

I'm waiting for my t420. I'm so excited

Open it and clean it first, you never know what the last owner was like.

Then W7 and your favorite Linux OS.

Enjoy your usb 2.0

>what is expresscard USB3

Arch.

Windows seven

Deepin

>meme os on a meme laptop
I like the way you think user

windows xp

I wasn't a huge fan of standalone deepin as an OS but the deepin de isn't bad at all with arch. It's like an osx styled de.

Slower than real USB3

You shouldn't install any distro. Or windows. Or hackintosh.
Just set it down and never look at it again.
Sit in your chair staring blankly into the wall and reconsider you life choices.

It is just me or do thinkpads get really "finger greasy" fast? I wash my hands. I clean the keyboard. Yet they always end up with that shiny, slippy look and feel to them

its true, i notice it already

I use Fedora on my T420, works fine

Gentoo if you've time on your hands. Debian Sid if you've shit to do.

Good non-meme advice here. I eventually settled on Ubuntu on my T410 because I actually need to use it and idgaf son.

If I was unemployed again I'd be all over Gentoo like Clinton on Lewinsky though.

DOS

TempleOS

Almost.

You mean AIX, i was for AS/400, the PPS thinkpads didn't have the microcode to run OS/400

Dedian, Fedora, openSUSE

Ubuntu just werks if it's a work machine.
Otherwise debian to gitgud then gentoo.

RHEL

how much dried semen was inside the chassis and on the sweet TP keyboard? a lot? just a little?

you wacky Sup Forumsangsters

What made you go with Ubuntu? Over say mint?

>bought a T520 new, from the factory for a little over 500$ with a 1600x900 screen, fingerprint reader, and bluetooth
>everyone buying them beat up and off lease for over 200$ now

What a weird feeling to see people so happy to be buying these. I was chastised by Sup Forums when I bought the thing 5 years ago.

FreeBSD

it doesn't have an IPS screen either

chromebooks are the new thinkpads, it's just gona take some time for Sup Forums to realize it as usual

I have a T400 with Windows 8.1 and Xubuntu. I heard about a Linux dostro from a friend at work. It's called Solus OS. I think I'm gonna make a live USB and try it out when I get home. I highly recommend Xubuntu or Ubuntu MATE. Both are really nice.