Monitors thread? Which are the best, worst & the perfect mix of functionality & aesthetic

Monitors thread? Which are the best, worst & the perfect mix of functionality & aesthetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

adorama.com/LOT27UD68P.html?
youtube.com/watch?v=sjx1OhGFfjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Might as well join in.
Currently I have two LG IPS231.
Also I have a 660TI.
Looking to upgrade, possibly to the 1080. In relation to the OP I want to know a good monitor to match the 1080, IPS is basically a must. Over 60Hz is a plus.

Monitors are a meme; only a retard would use one.

I hate that AOC made the bottom border bigger on those displays if you purchased them over 23".

luckily for me I got a couple of the 22" ones with the small bar. they look great.

if its not a samsung or a dell its junk

adorama.com/LOT27UD68P.html?
>4K
>60Hz
>Freesync
>$400
But fuck this IPS shit. I'd rather have some sort of VA for better contrast ratio/blacks rather than 2 degrees of better viewing angle.

I tried out a single 27" 1440p for awhile after having a single 1080p and a 2ndary 1024p (5:4 aspect ratio) monitor.

The 1440p was nice, but I missed having a 2nd monitor, so I sold it and bought two slightly smaller (25" instead of 27" because dual 27" wouldnt fit) 1440p monitors.

Gotta admit I thought i'd prefer a single larger monitor but I just couldnt shake having two different displays.

I bought a Philips 244E.
A nice 24" IPS that was cheap.
It is covered with faceted polished surfaces that reflect light; very distracting.
Going from off to on, or sleep to on it flares a solid MS blue Philips logo screen for far too long.
The base is a disc which seems designed to mimic a LP record and it also reflects any incident light. It also grubbies up real quick and is hard to clean.
It's a glare-fest.
And that's only the externals.

Not really, look at the panel manufacturer. Plenty of dell monitors have the same panels as cheaper Asus or other brands, but the quality control with dell is superior, they also tend to be better calibrated from the factory and have more features (USB hub, display port output for daisy chaining, etc)

>samsung >dell
>better than the rest
hahaha no

I have pic related.

I have a dell S2240m, wish I could afford a second, really like it.
Tho there is some backlighting stuff goin on in the corners.

I'd like to get an ultrawide like this but they're expensive as hell. You can get a comparable 4k monitor like for half the price, and considering that they're still relatively pricey on their own that's a bit ridiculous. I don't think I'm able to justify blowing $1k on a slightly bigger, yet lower resolution monitor that's 15hz higher.

There's something about AOC that I don't like

Me too. Don't like Acer either. Hate 90% of the crap Asus makes but the other 10% are ok. Something about them A's.

>thinking Dell Ultrasharp isn't one of the best brands of monitors out there
Kill yourself.

im autistic so i only have bought 16:10 (1920x1200) displays until now, biggest being 24"
if i buy a 1440p 27" monitor will it feel wrong because of the aspect ratio or is the size/pixel density good enough that i shouldn't worry

most of the stuff Asus makes looks like cheap shit, even if it is nice.

I use a 55" 4k curved tv. I think it's breddy good.

Pic related, also my cell phone camera is fucked, while the tv has some backlight issues the random dark spots are related to my phone.

Yea, It will be completely fucked. Guy with the 4k tv, I've been using dual 1920x1200's for a long time, when I switch to 16:9 I feel choked out. I would get a 22:9 that way you will try to use it differently.
The 4k tv I'm sitting 2 feet from is great though. I think I prefer it to the dual 24's

their old professional monitor line was like NEC in terms of quality. that's the only good part I remember of the company

29" Ultra wide vs 27" 1440p monitor

for the cost of a good 1440p ultrawide you can literally buy 2 27" 1440p

>21:9
>Gsync
>over 100 refresh
>IPS/AVA
>Not Acer shit

When will one come out

>Movies and Games
Ultrawide
>Videos and productivity
1440p

That layout would bug me to hell. I would need 3 to have a center monitor. That would then mean I need 4 outputs so I can also run an HDMI to my HDTV.

29" UW tend to be 2560x1080

where can I get cheap ass monitors to get one for a 2nd monitor setup to watch videos and use irc or other programs while playing games or doing other stuff

I like my monitor. It is a Dell 23.8" I got on sale for $170. Really want to get the same thing, but at least 27" @ 1440p. Is there a monitor that size that exist? because there is a jump between 1080p and 4K when I start to look at the larger monitors.

I'm currently using an lg 4k tv, I know it's not the best, but can't afford / don't have enough space for a monitor right now.

I have a P2414H.

youtube.com/watch?v=sjx1OhGFfjo

I want a 2560x1600 30" one, but haven't found one for sale at a reasonable price

Yea, but a lot of their shitnow looks shiny and shit.

I'm using a PB238Q
Overclocked to 72Hz
It's nice for a 1920x1080 IPS

Ill probably upgrade after the next wave of CPU/GPUs

BASED Dell P4317Q Master Race!

>9 drives
Why.

Digital Hoarder. Anime Mostly.

Also I had a theme going.
Pluto is an external...

>Anime Mostly
ayyyy
I'm packing around 17.5TB myself. About 6TB anime, 2.5TB movies, 2TB tv shows, rest is programs, games, backup of the C:/ drive, music, and books.

I have a llttle under 7TB free right now, just acquired the 5TB drive a couple weeks ago. I should be set for about a year. Maybe a year and a half.

Call me back when a monitor can look this good.

pluto is not a planet

I'm looking for a 1440p 144hz monitor for an nvidia card. Any good ones that aren't shit for like 500

I have that monitor and it is wonderful. My only regret is not buying more.

call me back when your monitor has more than 8 bits

Still not a big fan of the larger HDDs, so I just build more computers and leave them around the house. 5 in total now, but still not enough storage space to completely backup my 11TB of anime. I fear the day.

Okay, now what?

I'm not that user but the 5k imac actually has 10-bit color depth user.

I have mine backed up online.

Just picked up an ASUS ROG Swift PG27Q. Was tentative at first because of the reviews, but mine has worked flawlessly. 27" 144Hz 1440p 1ms response and pretty great color.

me 2nd from left

Why is that the autism resolution? I mean, it's objectively better. A monitor is not a TV.

i know it's objectively better and that 16:10 is closer to the golden ratio, but because 1440p has "moar pixels" making arguments based on ratios and aesthetics are considered autism

I just purchased this.

What am I in for?

Also, when you go full screen for Netflix and MPC are there bars all over the place?

Anyone still use NEC? It's a shame how their high end panel lines have gone downhill over the years

Color reproduction on a similarly priced Ultrasharp is noticeably better. Not to mention the panel quality in terms of defects and problems

I seen some nice NEC monitors lately in fast food joints. They look beautiful.

My first PC was a NEC and didn't know they were still live and kicking.

they seem to have phased away from consumer products

Mostly just industry and big contracts now. This seems to be a popular trend with old tech giants

I'm looking for a new monitor. Should I start adopting the new 4k monitors or can someone recommend me some nice IPS 1080p to dual screen with.

I bought a 55" lg 4k tv (#55UF6450) for $600 and love it, might pick up a monitor in the near future.

you're pretty nasty looking