I may or may not have bought a Raspberry Pi 3 on impulse

I may or may not have bought a Raspberry Pi 3 on impulse.

So when it gets here, what can I do with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Use it to build a suicide machine and kill yourself.

install gentoo

What the fuck is this shit?

You may or may not be able to do all kinds of cool things with it, depending on your creativity and willingness to learn.

vpn, email, use the sd cards as a databse, host shit etc

Stick it up your ass.

Don't buy shit if you don't know what you're going to do with it.

I used to work at a Barnes and Noble and we had blacks come in and steal these kits all the time. I always thought it was hilarious because I'm picturing those dindus meeting up with pathetic NEETs like yourself in a back alley to do an illegal Raspberry Pi deal.

Use it as server for webdev.

Control a robot with it.

A backup wireless AP if yours shits the bed.

Improve the integration of GPU acceleration so you can actually watch youtube on it.

Look at one of the hundreds of projects on hackaday or instructables.

Build pachinko machine with it.

Fan of retro video games? Install retropie. You can use a ps3/xbox controller and play NES/SNES/and even PS1 games.

Plus, it's a decent little Linux/FreeBSD box. Some things are a little wonky, but considering the base machine is $35 it's still pretty cool.

>improve the integration of gpu acceleration so you can actually watch youtube on it.

Last I checked the default browser in Raspbian was optimized for youtube already.

Pi-hole

It can be buggy at times and I recall Epiphany(web) having issues with other sites when I was using it a few months back.

When advising the installation of Gentoo to dumb rpi users, please refer them to this link:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi

the meme is real

No kidding? I wonder if there's a black market for these things. I guess it makes sense, since its all generic hardware there aren't serial numbers to file off or anything.

This. If you're willing to learn a bunch, you can do things ranging from using it as a Python sandbox, to making a robot with it

This.
Can someone explain?

In hindsight, I should of just bought a hard-drive toaster.

Sweden yes

stick it up your ass

Y'know, i wanted to buy a RaspPi in order to safely build my Linux Distro. I wonder if its the best for that sort of stuff. I mean, it doesn't even look like it has any storage.

Micro SD is the storage.
Got to use your own.

There are other SBCs that are better price/performance.
But Rasp has most support.

GPIO pins are also cool.