Am i a subhuman shit for not being able to tell the difference between flac and youtube mp3s?

Am i a subhuman shit for not being able to tell the difference between flac and youtube mp3s?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KJY1TomgkBs
mega.nz/#!9AMm0ZbS!rZwvNqvTjm5jqDgrNT42T7pvSPlY1GhC_rzpXqYXepA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

me on the ceiling

where?

on the ceiling

Nah, it's not a real problem, just enjoy the music. It would be a problem if you tried to work as a producer or something.

Me hugging the cat pillow.

Me taking a selfie :3

if you're someone like me, a person who primarily listens to
dirtyly-mixed underground boom-bap,
classical orchestras and 1960s electronic music,
50s and 40s pop and jazz,
loud synth-heavy J(K)-Pop,
and VAPORWAVE

then 9 times out of 10 the natural audio quality is so muddled anyway the only thing a flac would be doing is taking up space.

I can't see you

do you think that the majority of people only understand flac as a placebo, or is it the minority?

>I can't see you
I didn't realize Akari was in that pic

Exactly

WHERE YOU AT WHERE YOU AT
DISRESPECT
OH MY FUCKING GOD
THAT WAS THE SICKEST FUCKING BURN I'VE SEEN THIS TOURNAMENT
UNPLUG YOUR CONTROLLER DOG
FORFEIT MY NIGGA
FORFEIT

Judging from the fact that Tidal has to repeatedly pull the "Look at us, A big name artist is going to release their next mediocre single, but you can only get it here!" card tells me people could give a fuck about "high fidelity" or whatever it's called.

me on the left

Average people (no elitism) can listen to mp3 under 192 kbps in their shitty preset BASS BOOST EXTREME car installation without giving a fuck anyway so yeah.

The only way you'll ever tell a difference is through high quality speakers or headphones and even then there isn't much of an actual quality difference between flac and high bitrate mp3.

Not being able to tell the difference between flac and 320kbps mp3 is one thing, but you are a literal subhuman if you can't differentiate flac and 128kbps or whatever YouTube trash. The only way this could be excusable would be if you had shitty $5 earbuds.

interesting opinion. i have £20 over ear headphones.

yet i still cant tell the difference. am i a philistine in your opinion, am i a plebeian, am i a shit?

This. On YouTube mp3s you can hear a 'shhhh' noise over the recording. It's annoying.

why are the underage girls naked?

All of the above, my hearing-impaired friend.

Some YT videos have pretty good audio tracks, but in most cases I honestly think you should be able to tell. The difference is easily noticeable. I don't know, maybe your headphones are just bad.

maybe, they are cheap and years old.

Using VBR, even a 128kbps mp3 can sound good if it's encoded from a good lossless source.

The problem with YouTube mp3 is that users upload questionable mp3 files which then get encoded again.

mind giving me a sanity check?

here it is on YT youtube.com/watch?v=KJY1TomgkBs

and here is a flac of the same song mega.nz/#!9AMm0ZbS!rZwvNqvTjm5jqDgrNT42T7pvSPlY1GhC_rzpXqYXepA

can you tell the difference?

Yes.

shit, what headphones are you using?
any details?

I can tell a slight difference using M40X and ALC892. The lossless file just sounds a little bit clearer. The youtube version seems to have a slight hiss in the background. Would not have noticed it if I never listened to the lossless file though.

I'm the guy you originally replied to. It's not a big difference but yeah, I can tell. The YT video sounds grainier and the texture/volume changes are more detailed in the flac.

I had a headphone hobby a while ago so I'm using a Beyerdynamic T1 (got it for cheap used though). If it helps, I tried with a shitty $3 headset and they both sounded so bad I couldn't tell the difference.

Is Millennium Actress good by the way? I liked Perfect Blue and Paprika a lot.

best of his films imo.
i am also an obsessive fan of the composer.

me on the right