What is a good alternative to skype? I need something that can handle calls as well as share screens on both ends...

What is a good alternative to skype? I need something that can handle calls as well as share screens on both ends, I've heard of software that can do this but I can't remember the name.
Skype is always finicky with the screen sharing and can only do one at a time so it's really becoming a pain.

Other urls found in this thread:

jitsi.org/Main/Download
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tox

lmao :^)

Supposedly Discord is getting Skype-style calls and screen sharing "soon"

/shill

Gruveo

What's wrong with Tox?

I use FaceTime and it works so much better.

its just not there yet

TeamViewer

Lets make our own skype!

That's not an answer.

They have the right idea, but they're developing it the wrong way
Tox is the closest thing we have to a Skype replacement

Jitsi
jitsi.org/Main/Download

i can do the logo

I can do the coding.

Google hangouts

I'll work on the name. How about Skyet

I can do the sitting around watching tit pics jacking off doing nothing.

how about Skypepe

Teamviewer is what you are looking for.

This

Discord

it might be a proprietary botnet just like skype but at least it fucking works and isn't a total piece of shit

Hell, I just use Trillian's Skype plugin. No video calls but eh. If I need to do a video chat specifically, I can just have 'em use some in-browser shit or Oovoo or even Skype itself for the short time I'm doing anything like that.

Dumb frogposter.

Either Jitsi for encryption (already kiled Skype with that), or Empathy for the fuckton of protocols it can connect (even your Facegook).

Ring

Just use Tox

The last time I tried that shit it segfaulted on me.

Botnet.

explain

This

OP needs more bandwidth tbqh

too many bugs. i can't even transfer files between the linux and the windows client.

maybe in 3 years, lacks too many features.

Mumble, Jitsi, or qtox for me.

Mumble for voice and vnc

What do you think about Telegram?

Discord

Google Hangouts or Bluejeans.

(Since none of the other options support screen sharing)

I'm thinking of moving from Skype, and I looked into a little bit, and I found four different alternatives.

First is Telegram. This looked quite good until I learned that you need a phone number to use it.

Second is Discord. This looks good but i'm skeptical because it seems like it's too group chat centric.

Then LINE. I dunno much about it other than i have a skype friend that uses it also and says it's better than Skype.

Lastly wire.com . This is apparently made by the co-founder of Skype or something. Looks really promising.

Can't decide.