Help Sup Forums

Help Sup Forums

I got a Galaxy S5. It was fine when I got it at first but it has turned really slow with time,
and its gotten filled up and I think I even got viruses on it or some shit.
It has all those galaxy/samsung stupid apps that I never use and can't delete.
My friend told me he installed a different operating system for it?
Like I have lollipop right now but he had a cleaner version of it or some shit.
Anyone willing to guide an idiot? I had an iPhone 5 before it.

Other urls found in this thread:

dl.twrp.me/jfltexx/twrp-3.0.2-0-jfltexx.img
download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/163160/cm-13.0-20160526-NIGHTLY-jfltexx.zip
glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Go back to iPhone imo.

lol

Post a thread on /wsr/ and I will help you OP.

lolno

done

Ask spg you fucking idiot.

Which model do you have? If you have the international version you caninstall custom ROMs, which are what your friend was talking about. I use CM13 and it is doesn't lag at all unlike bloatjizz but be careful as trying to install a ROM of a different model will result in a soft brick. (I.e installing a ROM created for a 900f on a 900h)

If that sounds too complicated, you can just root it and install superSU on it. I would recommend using cfautoroot becaude installing it is as easy as connecting your phone to a computer and clicking a button.

I got the SM-G900F. Is CM13 good for it?
I'm just looking for a ROM that doesn't take too much battery with unnecessary apps and bs, and that could do "ricing" easily

>touchwizz

So im not the only in /touchwizzhascrashed/ general?

Fol boc led

I have a g900f with CM13 installed on it. I had lollipop before and battery life has increased a lot after installing cyanogen.

There isn't any bloat and it doesn't lag but thr only downside of it is no 60fps recording support but I'm not sure whether that has been added since I haven't flashed a new nightly for month.

i feel you

bump

>>>/spg/

I could care less about 60fps video recording.
How long does it take to install that CM13 rom? I'ma probably do it

I took me an hour.

as little as 5 minutes if it's the same process as my S4 (not including downloading the recovery/rom images)

for the S4 (don't follow this, it's just an example and might differ on the S5);
>turn off phone
>turn on while holding vol up or down (i forget, one goes to recovery, one to "download mode")
>in download mode, with usb connected, use heimdall on your pc to flash TWRP (a custom recovery with many additional features over the stock recovery)
>reboot into recovery (turn on while holding the other volume button)
>optional, but recommended, do a full system backup at this point, in recovery/twrp
>flash the rom zip file from sdcard, or via usb (adb sideload)
>optionally, flash the gapps zip after that (proprietary google applications, such as the play store)
that's it

Dylan?

In my experience touchjizz starts out fast and slowly hogs down over the months. A factory reset will only reset this cycle. it's best to just give in and install currymod.

This work for the s4 i9505?

oh yea, since you'll be moving between two very different rom's, i'd probably do a factory reset as well (format /data), you can do this in TWRP
if you do a full system backup, do it beforehand, and if you want to keep app settings, use the app "titanium backup" to save/restore them

yes, that's the international variant, the same one i have, so those instructions apply to you as-is

here's the latest versions of the images i use
recovery: dl.twrp.me/jfltexx/twrp-3.0.2-0-jfltexx.img
cm13: download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/163160/cm-13.0-20160526-NIGHTLY-jfltexx.zip

-- and the heimdall tool i mentioned
glassechidna.com.au/heimdall/