I want to use XP again on a alt computer

I want to use XP again on a alt computer
what are some programs that still support it?
which browser is best to use since chrome and the others no longer support it?

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/hacked-windows-xp-still-updates-still-a-bad-idea/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Most shit works on it, not really sure what you're looking for here.

>I want to do a thing.
>What are some reasons I should do thing?
>Give me some suggestions as to why I should do thing.

Dumb weaboo fag.

Receive security updates until 2019, place this in a .reg file and run it:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

for you

If I was going to run windows it would be inside a VM with networking disabled all the time.

start saving shekells for the inevitable ransomware your anus will become subjected to

Opera 12.17. An GOAT but obsolete browser for the GOAT but obsolete Windows.

>XP
Dump anime poster

>Muh ebin ratboy hack to receive updates of a system I don't have installed and that doesn't affect my os at all
You cannot be this dumb

???

zdnet.com/article/hacked-windows-xp-still-updates-still-a-bad-idea/

All I see in that article is them regurgitating MS's "update to 10, goy!" BS.

You're fucking blind then.
In short, windows embedded use different files for most services, when you use that "hack", you get and update those embedded files, but those aren't being used by normal XP install, so they are worthless.
Also, the nt5.1 kernel is old as fuck and pretty exploitable. 7 or 8.1 are better in all cases.

Not that user, but why do you have to post in such a mean manner? You're pretty good at explaining things and I think you'd be pretty cute if you just try to be a little bit nicer!

Or you could not be a dumbass and just install POSReady 2009

I'm still using Windows XP on most PCs.
You can still surf the web with the newest version of Firefox. There are several programming IDEs still supporting XP. Even VirtualBox runs perfectly so that you can run Linux in XP. That XP is a security risk is basically bullshit if you are in a well-configured network.

>Piece of Shit Ready 2009

Wow, what an original joke!

Firefox, Winamp, paintSAI or Gimp.

64 bit XP is still supported by chrome, enterprise, business and industry versions are supported til 2019 by Microsoft and will continue to get security updates.

why does it actually stand for?

t-thanks user

point of sale

oh

>Firefox
Use Palemoon or Seamonkey. The former has an actual dedicated version specifically for Windows XP, the latter is very light on RAM and provides e-mail and IRC clients in addition to the web browser.

Pale Moon dropped support for winxp in latest version fyi

Oh, gay. Good thing I use Seamonkey.

None, you're better off using a Linux distribution. You'll get more security, and support.