Why caviar black is so noisy? Do you have any boring noise experience with this HDD?

Why caviar black is so noisy? Do you have any boring noise experience with this HDD?

Because all caviar drives are shit. I only hear my drives when they turn off.

Because it's not a SSD or slow HDD, parts physically move fast inside it, and you probably do not have a suspension mechanism on your HDD mount?

Sorry, I only buy 5400rpm/5900rpm drives like a non-retard.

You're gonna want to check the smart status on the drive with a tool like gsmartcontrol to see if it's dying. Post results

Blacks are hot and noisy, they always have been.

>not decoupling HDDs
kek gotta feel the vibe amirite

Because it's optimized for speed, not noise.

Greens are optimized for noise.

Tell me about it, these black people moved in next door and they keep me up at night with their ghetto music. One of them is a qt3.14 tho.

What is smartctl?

>he didn't buy a baracuda drive
top kek

Barracuda eats Caviar, it's the food chain.

>these black people moved in next door and they keep me up at night

holee shit just like me irl, we are so lucky to experience this :)

My barracuda died after 3 years of use.
I'm never buying seagate again.

I've literally never seen smart spot a dying drive.

should of got a blue caviar. LOVE MINE

its cute

prove it, seagate is better than western digital

Nah, caviar blacks are noisy and sound like they're about to break from day 1 but they don't break

Its the sound of blistering speed

Google it. Seagate fail. Western ditigal has always been the top dog of hard drives

It's based off an enterprise drive where noise doesn't matter. Same with some Toshiba drives.
My only gripes about them is that
>louder than Corsair fans at full RPM
>gets hot as fuck, so you need Corsair fans running at full RPM
Also, you're a cuck if you get a Black that came out over a year and is under 5TB. 6TB WD Black masterrace
>220MB/s read/write

>he thinks a 7200rpm drive is loud

i have had one for over 3 years and the sound has never been an issue. my case has sound dampening though i assume if it was that loud i would still hear it

HAHAHAHA My NVME SSD have 1.5k MB/s write

keep it up grandpa

>6TB
Enjoy deleting everything on your shitty 512GB drive. I've got room to spare on my projects.

>2016
>still using mechanical disk

STOP LIVING IN THE PAST GRANDPA!!!

My Seagate barracuda is actually a Samsung Spinpoint F3.

Yet my Barracuda is still going strong, 7 years later.

>not getting an NAS drive for less $/GB
>not savoring that 210MB/s sequential

>compares a drive with a totally different interface and many times more $/GB to a regular HDD.

Great logic.

Step it up senpai

>6TB WD Black masterrace
MB/s read/write

My £68 3TB toshiba does 200-210 already m8

Blacks are overpriced as fuck. Might as well get a good drive like HGST.

>Might as well get a good drive like HGST.
/thread

this BTW is the barracuda 7200.11

I had 4 of them and 3 died just after a year, almost simultaneously but this one has been going ever since.

That's burst speed, ya dunce
Your 3TB Toshiba can't sustain more than 170 MB/s read/write. My Black does 200 MB/s sustained. I know because I own a few of the Toshiba P300 3TB on my back-up NAS.

>P300
Yeah no thats not the same drive.

It's you have an DT01 or PH3300U, then the P300 is merely a slightly redesigned version of your drive with some optimizations and firmware. Technically, the P300 is faster by a few MB/s in nearly every aspect.

only smart values worth anything are those about reallocated sectors. if they rise quickly, your drive is on the way out.
most drives tend to fail mechanically way before that, tho.

I have one. I don't notice the noise because I have my Noctua PPC fans and D14 cooler covering the noise.

SSDs finally replacing HHDs when?

10 years.

WD Black owner here. Yeah it's noisy sometimes but nothing to worry about. It's part of its normal operation. Should have gotten something else if you didn't want the noise, like a green.

or just get a barracuda