I hope you see prison - The cyber criminal cancer

Reminder that if you run botnets, spread malware or cryptlocker you are the scum of the earth and you deserve 10 years+ in prison.

It wouldn't be so bad if it just targeted mega corps with mass cashflow and insurance but you don't do you?.

You literally ruin small hard working business owners and their families.
You are worse than the street robber who takes a wallet, you ruin the structure and income of peoples lives.

I hope there is a hell for scum like you, or that karma brings the fates worse than death on you and your loved ones. YOU FUCKING CANCER.

Other urls found in this thread:

sandboxie.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Awwww did you run Linkin.park.crawlinginmyskin.mp3.exe again?

Did something happen, or are you just having feelings?

>It wouldn't be so bad if it just targeted mega corps with mass cashflow and insurance but you don't do you?.

It's still a crime, I don't how how it "wouldn't be so bad"

Small business owner I know just got fucked by cryptolocker.

Isn't there a way to run windows (need the software) in virtual mode? virtual box?

So it's contained on on partition or disk? So it can easily be whiped and restored?

How could you store documents and files optimally in such a situation?

and you can even restore it back to a point with all the software needed right?

It's not me, but I'll be talking to their tech guy and see what we can come up with?

Any help appreciated.

and the corporations have the resources to rape you with the big long dick of the law. ...Because they have a lot more than their FB or personal checking accounts to protect

>and you can even restore it back to a point with all the software needed right?

With all the software installed I mean.

So you just reset the partition/disk and it's back to day 1 ready to go?

Literally, weekly backups. If a business gets ruined because they didn't back up their shit, then that's their own fault.

Dummies.

I use something like that for my familys computer. It's called Deep freeze, loop it up.

>muh metal penis fetish toy
If you hayseeds didn't say stupid shit like calling the USPS tyranny and misquoting Thomas Jefferson, you might actually get taken seriously. But then again you've never been taken seriously in your life and the very idea frightens you. So you just keep saying batshit crazy things and bringing your assault rifles to fast food restaurants in the hope of causing a disturbance so you can rant about sheeple and the reptoids

Sounds like it turns it into a terminal though.

Still need to be able to save files, but I guess you can throw those on another disk?

You keep backups, dum dum. On a tape, on the cloud, or by printing everything once a week. Whichever method you find easier to turn back into something useful if your shit gets pushed in by hardware failure or a virus

This ignorant worship of virtualization and "the cloud" like they're some kind of magic is why we get retards being luddites and pretending that virtualization and the cloud are just buzzwords.

a local nas or something.

and no, it just adds a little application that runs in the background and a polarbear icon in your icon tray.

It's not the fault of Sup Forums that you didn't back up your shit. Go rant about your terrible life to someone else, cunt.

Woh, watch out guys! We have a penis expert here!

1st off, lesson learned the hard way. BACK UP YOUR SHIT!!!
2nd, I run every thing sandboxed. A sandbox stops shit like this dead in its tracks. ...or at least makes clean up a lot easier.

The sandbox I use (sandboxie here sandboxie.com/ ) creates copies of files executables change. Let's say I sandbox photoshop. If I open a picture on my desktop, the sandbox will create a copy of that and any changes I make will be saved in the sandbox, not the actual photo. If I opened ransomware in a sandbox, it'll create copies of everything it tries encrypting and it'll be contained to the sandbox; all original files would be untouched. Clean up is as easy as right clicking the sandbox system tray icon and selecting terminate sandbox. Then clicking clear sandbox. Problem just went away. Yes sandboxing has a bit of a learning curve but the security/performance/convenience ratio it offers is well worth it.

Get fucked in prison, cancer fuck.

thanks I'll take a look

>all original files would be untouched.
...all original files OUTSIDE of the sandbox would be untouched. If you have a file inside the sandbox, then it's within reach of malware. Just wanted to make that clear.

Also, you could install a trial application in the sandbox, use it until it expires, clear the sandbox and reinstall it in the sandbox and get a new trial. Yeah, it's THAT effective. This would be useless for antivirus trials though, because the antivirus itself would be contained to the sandbox and wouldn't actually be able to fix anything (even though it would report it did).

seems it would be easier for the users to just run windows in a vitual box no?

Sandboxie seems a bit technical and micro management and perhaps not as secure?

Anyone know how secure vitual box is?
Will it contain ANYTHING? or can malware etc escape it?

Washington was not against tyranny.

A virtual machine is literally a computer within a computer. Yeah it's easy to make a backup image that you can use to restore it instantly, but it doesn't recover or protect your shit any better than a regular PC. If you back up regularly, a virtual machine isn't really much better than a regular PC for typical daily use.

A sandbox on the other hand, keeps everything contained without any performance hits (you could even play games in it at native speed with 0 performance hit). If you run all applications in their own sandbox, you'll be almost invincible as far as software goes. Say you're running MS Word in one sandbox and you've been working on a novel or something for weeks. You save the file. You decide to run some thing your friend brings over in a 2nd sandbox. This thing is a nasty virus. It decides to encrypt your novel. Behind the scenes, the sandbox makes a duplicate of your novel into the other sandbox. As far as the virus can tell, your novel is now encrypted and wants ransom money. But in reality, it's completely on touched because it's isolated in the 1st sandbox. Yes, this is quite a learning curve, but well worth it because of the security it offers.