What did he mean by this?

What did he mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY
wisdomandwonder.com/link/2110/why-mit-switched-from-scheme-to-python
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He means ur a fucktard.

He means that astronomy shouldn't be called telescope science.

And that CS isn't science at all, since we're inventing things rather than using the scientific method to investigate the world

he is left-handed. cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Op3QLzMgSY
why don't you ask him

he means computer science is "Algorithmology"

It is not a science since we don't use the scientific method to investigate the world as this one said And it is not about computers, it is about computation and you can use any type of machine or similar object for that purpose.
You don't call biology, microscope science or math calculation science.
It is not bound by the type of instrument you use, we could do computer science without computers. That's why they call it informatics in the civilized world.

It's an incredible lecture series. Would recommend to anyone interested in CS. Pretty entertaining even if you're already well-versed in the subject too.

>mfw the metacircular evaluator
>mfw no face

"Just fuck my shit up senpai."

You know he actually changed his position on this, he actually does consider it a science for most people now. They poke around in systems they don't fully understand, and just tweak stuff until they get what they want. He wrote that when MIT stopped teaching LISP from first principles and switched to practical python

max video quality is 240p, can't read shit he writes on the board.

Um... How do you know his gender identity? Check your privilege you fucking cishet.

Do you have a link for that? Sounds interesting

Most of the series is fine. Bad but good enough to be readable (assuming your player is upscaling correctly). Sometimes the audio goes to sit though

"it'a a meme, you fell for it"
legit I was there desu

Thanks! I checked it, appears to be working as designed.

What, is it really?

Is this the Lisp man?

Fuck I fucking hate you white men conservative xenophobic homophobic misogynistic shitlords thinking people don't actually have feeling and preferences. You have to respect our pronouns. I'm a black transgender (pansexual to male) transexual (male to female) and non-binary. You need to learn to respect us and get used to it. The proper pronoun to describe this person is "they." NOT HIM!!

Classic Barney

dunno, it's my best guess

> pansexual
What, you do it with pans? What kind of oil do you prefer?
> non-binary
Plaintext?
I didn't really understand the rest of it, seems like you have some sort of mental condition. Seek help.

Jesus fuck he really does have JUST hair.

>It is not a science since we don't use the scientific method to investigate the world

So then, what is bar science, exactly?

It doesn't use the scientific method.

In a science, if "functional programming" fails to produce results and "object oriented programming" does, scientists would want to understand why this happens.

Scientific hypotheses have to be testable. For programming languages, the test is developing software.

In a non-science like CS, you can invent whatever formalism you want and then call people stupid for not using it.

Don't care but mcchubby can lose a few pounds

wisdomandwonder.com/link/2110/why-mit-switched-from-scheme-to-python

Would it also be accurate to call it Information Science?

No, because it's not science. We don't use the scientific method. Theoretical CS is basically just math, invented by humans

>Costanza asked Sussman why MIT had switched away from Scheme for their introductory programming course, 6.001.