I'm ready to escape the botnet

What browser can I put on my Mac that's secure, fast, and doesn't have a shit interface? Preferably battery efficient too, especially since Chrome is shit at that. Bonus: for Android?

Edge

internet explorer in wine

I'd honestly say that Chromium is the best browser for Mac right now. Firefox has a much higher energy impact than Chromium, lacks sandboxing, and the extension eco-system is not as great, with the exception of things like NoScript, Decentraleyes, and a couple others. Other browsers are generally not as desirable due to the fact that they're usually proprietary and lack the kind of security audits that Chromium and Firefox go through. (e.g., Safari or Vivaldi).

If you're really paranoid about Chromium phoning home, install uMatrix by Gorhill and configure the fuck out of it. That, and don't use the "Sign into Chromium" feature. The only thing that sucks is that the UI looks like ass.

>I'm ready to escape the botnet
>my Mac

Safari or Chromium.

>on my Mac

>What browser can I put on my Mac

>and the extension eco-system is not as great

Firefox has like 75x the number of extensions that Chrome has - Firefox effectively created the god damned world of addons and extensions for browsers.

>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all

Stick tin foil around your mac it'll all be fine from there

Safari you dumbass, literally built in

Yeah and 75x the number of useless extensions, most of the extensions I use on Firefox I can also get on chrome, with the exception of the UI ones like DPT and CTR

>my Mac

Opera and for android naked browser.

Google Ultron

I've tried Vivaldi for a while and I need to say:

HOLY SHIT, THIS FUCKING PIECE OF TOXIC GARBAGE SUCKS HORSE DICKS

Use anything, except vivaldi and firefox

Not a really popular choice, but otter browser. Has all of the great things of Opera, but on a better license and better GUI. You have to compile it from source though, there are no pre- compiled packages.

>What browser can I put on my Mac
Geez OP, is like you are asking to be bullied.
Get something GNU, like GNU Icecat, a debloated version of Firefox with security enhancements.

SeaMonkey

>Opera
This.

I know people shit on Chromium-based Opera a lot, and for a while it was mostly deserved, but it's really coming into its own now.

>Vivaldi
"Stable" doesn't mean "finished," or even "fully optimized." Give it time.

>it's really coming into its own now.
2 years going and still zero fucking features. May as well use Chromium since there's barely any difference.

>"Stable" doesn't mean "finished," or even "fully optimized." Give it time.
Literally out for half a year and it's already got near feature parity for Opera12 while being able to render modern websites and Chrome extensions. The JS based UI crap is cancer and slow as shit though. Luckily you can hide those UI elements.

Underrated post

kek

There are no good browsers for os x.

>safari/webkit
lolnoaddons

>FF/chomium
Battery will be dead in 2 hours. Also complete lagfest

Safari is best browser on OSX.

Chrome is basically Sup Forums browser

>mac

Opera Developer Edition.
Opera Mini for Android.

>Chrome extensions
But ChrOpera has this as well.

>I'd honestly say that Chromium is the best browser for Mac right now. Firefox has a much higher energy impact than Chromium
That's an outright lie.
Just recently I compared Chrome with Firefox, same addons (Umatrix, UBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, some Tab-related addons for Firefox) with roughly ~60 tabs and Firefox's energy impact was way, way lower.
That's the sole reason I'm still using Firefox.

I dont know why people are so paranoia about their privacy like sombody gives a rats ass bout what they re doing, all data is mostly used for publicity and advertising and to improve aspects of the OS. There is no such thing as "privacy" once you are connected to internet, no matter what OS u are using. If you want privacy stop doing the following: dont use smartphone or computers, if you use, dont use the internet (lol), if you use internet, dont create accounts on any sites, dont use search engines, dont play online games...u see where im going with this?

Then you're going to love ChrOpera. They added in a battery saver mode and in my experience it usually uses around 1/3 of what Firefox was using.

>u
>u
>u

Firefox can't handle HTML5 video. I watch one shitty youtube video on Firefox and my laptop fans go apeshit. Nothing similar on Chrome.

I have pretty much the same usage when playing HTML5 video and even worse usage when Chrome is using Flash. What system do you have? (i5 5287U with Iris 6100 here)

>iBotnetOS
>applel literally scans and analyzes everything on your drive and deletes what they don't like

lmao

>escape the botnet
>mac
Pick one

Not that poster, but checked on my early 2014 MBA, with both browsers running the same extensions.

>escape the botnet
>mac
Pick one

>escape the botnet
>mac
lmao

>apple didn't give out info to the FBI
>androshits on suicide watch

>my Mac

>samefagging this hard

>extension eco-system is not as great

LOOOOOOOL WHAT?
YOU CAN FUCKING DO EVERYTHING IN FIREFOX ADDONS, CAN'T DO SHIT IN CHRO* ONES

>damage controlling this hard

Then there was this.

>my Mac

>Mac

Had to get to work to check, was still on my commute.
The System I base that on is a MacBook Pro 2013. 2.4GHz i5 + 8Gig RAM.

>Not that poster, but checked on my early 2014 MBA, with both browsers running the same extensions.
Just google something like "mac firefox chrome energy impact". A lot of people did a lot of comparable tests and the result is always the same (you also can usually download their scripts and do it on your own computer).
Both browsers have a background energy impact of less than ~4 for me so this case is irrelevant and in your screenshot Chromium has way higher average impact, so I assume one of the browsers was just recently started or whatever.

Good man

>on my Mac

>Mac

There are privacy respecting search engines. Searx.me
mass data collection and mass harvesting and analysis are a thing, the problem is not being targeted individually, it is collecting data without a warrant and doing this on everybody.
Gnu icecat

>Mac

When connected to a power source: Firefox
When out and about: Safari (more power efficient)

>ready to escape the botnet
>on my Mac

chromium

get the fuck out you curry piece of shit

>sjwfox
Just use a fork

>hating on firefox because of some bullshit a few of the people in the development say and do
>not because of the drm in it or the webrct or the nonfree aspects about it
Back to Sup Forums if this is more important to you than technology.

>mac

you are the botnet

I switched to Chromium from Firefox, really liked the sleekness and the responsiveness, but I switched back to Firefox because I need to research at the moment and I really like TreeStyleTabs for that.

This much in regards to addons.

As for energy efficiency: when I use Chromium on my Thinkpad, it heats up a lot more as compared to using Firefox and battery life drops a lot faster.

If I wanna go all-out on battery savings, for those times when I wanna work on the go for long periods of time, I use Midori, as it consumes almost no energy and displays most websites decently enough (with fex exceptions).

Alternatively, just use Safari. It comes preinstalled and I've heard here that you can achieve really good battery life with it. Probably better than Midori if you use OSX. Midori is a good choice for Linux users though (and possibly for Windows users, but I've never used Midori on Windows, so I can't comment on that).

>>hating on firefox because of some bullshit a few of the people in the development say and do
>>not because of the drm in it or the webrct or the nonfree aspects about it
>implying these are not related

The only battery efficient browser on Mac is Safari because it's optimized for the hardware. You could look at some of the Mac exclusive browsers too though. Might want to qualify what you mean by a non-shit interface.

>Chinese botnet

so
>Chinese botnet > Google botnet
or
>Chinese botnet < Google botnet

Elliot saw that his shrink liked anal sex. That's not cool mang.

>>Chinese botnet
Devs are Norwegian, so it's a Viking botnet.

foreign botnet > homeland botnet