Tell me Sup Forums, why don't you have 24GB of ram and 6 hyperthreaded cores?

tell me Sup Forums, why don't you have 24GB of ram and 6 hyperthreaded cores?

Because I don't need it.

I have 6 hyperthreaded cores and 32GB quad channel 3200mhz DDR4 instead.

Because I rather have three different computers for different things than one overkill taking the same amount of money.

because i have 32 gigs of ram and my workload is CUDA and not really CPU bound

>16GB of swap

It triggers my binary

Because I'm content with two real cores and 6GB RAM. I've got a server I never use with 24GB RAM and 8 real cores though

How effective are real cores compared to virtual ones?

I believe they make more use of a physical core that's doing something at say 30% usage and using some of the left over resources for another task. But I may be incorrect, if so please tell me.

Dunno. I'm just saying what I have, not that I know exactly how it works

So if a processor with two cores and a processor with two cores and two virtual ones are using all their cores for one task are both going to do the same task with equal performance?

A better comparison would be a dual core vs a single core with hyperthreading. The dual core would perform better, but the single core CPU with SMT would still do better than a regular single core CPU.

No CPU with more than four cores has good enough single core performance for my needs. Zen or Broadwell-E please don't suck.

It's almost as if multisocket motherboards aren't a thing.

Because 16GB RAM and 12 cores is all I need (for now)

>Not running running libreboot with 32 cores

Because I'm saving my neetbux for a dual xeon e5 2670 workstation.

Tell me why you use a hobbyist OS instead of a productive one.

When will they add a fucking HDD/SSD activity monitor in that shitty program

Does E5-1650v3 + 64GB DDR4 count?

I have 12GB and 12 hyperthreaded cores. Soon to be 24GB for what reason I don't know. I guess I fell for a meme.

I see no reason it would not.

>32 cores
>8gb ram
I'd rather have a quad core at 16GB ram than that

because I have 6 actual cores.

Don't need it

op real question is are u a fag or not ?

Dual threading on a core makes it more efficient. That's all that dual threading does. It will make most tasks faster because less time is wasted where the core is doing nothing.

Dual threading on a core makes it more efficient. That's all that dual threading does. It will make most tasks faster because less time is wasted where the core is doing nothing.