Does anyone use MP3 players anymore? I haven't used one in years...

Does anyone use MP3 players anymore? I haven't used one in years. Looking at one gives me the same feeling as I would looking at a walkman.

No, you autist

Retard

I use my zune at the gym, that's about it. Then again i don't listen to music in public otherwise.

yes, I have it

FiiO X5 - ultimate audiophool player master rice

FiiO Mont Blanc-E12A - ultimate audiophool IEM amp

Shure 535 - ultimate audiophool ear plugs

wasted too much shekels on them
almost dropped using them now because not practical

enthusiasts still do

I still use my iPod from 2007

Are there any that have decent DACs in them? It's p much the only reason I've stayed with an iPhone for so long (can't find a phone with a good audio output).

I use a sandisk jam. I can't use my phone because we are not allowed cameras where I work.

They're called mobile phones now.

Cowon X9, been using it for about 3 years and a bit.

I got a FiiO X1 on sale and love it, though the battery life is a bit low for a DAP. (Around two days of straight music playback)

I use a fiio dap with noble CIEMs. Lush it is.

There's reasons for using mp3 players.

Maybe you need a portable player that can power your cans and don't want to use an amp. (Hopefully somewhere inside and you don't walkaroundeating hd600s or something). Maybe you just want better audio quality.

Or the reason I use them and I imagine the reason most people who use them have one is I dont want to workout or do any physical Labour with a 500+ bux heavy phone in my pocket. Instead I have a SanDisk clip+ (also a jam don't get one >slightly better design >Everything else worse >no rock box >headphone jack loose in less than a month)

Mp3 players are lighter and generally more disposable than your phone that's why they're worth owning for a lot of people.

Walk around wearing* on phone goddamn autocorrect and not paying enough attention

Ipod classic with rockbox, if it breaks I'm gonna get me another one. I have a dumbphone but android music player is shit anyway and I dont want an iphone.

Fiio x1 with a 250gb msd card. It's affordable and its nice to have a separate device bc my m7s battery isn't strong anymore.
Could you compare it to a x1? Curious if it has better bass.
That's the point of today's pmps

I used to take old Sandisk Sansa player with me for running, but the poor thing is beaten to death: one earphone doesnt work unless you press it near jack and battery door is gone so the battery is kinda wonky and it turns off due to poor contact.

Smartphone is kinda unwieldy for this though.

Yeah, this one. Easier to change track, or pause when someone speaks to me. Or if im crossing the road, gotta pause listen for traffic etc.

This is a good reason as well, pretty stupid how all pones are just a slab of glass with no buttons these days.

What's a good player that will support a 512 gb sd card? Would love to have all my music on a portable player.

I want a player with Spotify support which isn't iPod Touch, i can't

Fiio x7 if you shit shekels

Nope, my sansa clip has been collecting dust for the past few years now.

Modded ipod classic

go fucking buy a earplug/headphone etc. with a fucking play pause etc button. YOU ARE STUPID.

lost my 2008 ipod nano last year during a trip and told myself i'd just use my phone until i could buy a new mp3 player at home, and lo and behold and can't be arsed because the phone is more than enough

i carry this little guy with my audio technica cks99 ear plugs

you carry fucking HDD??

No, those are annoying.
Sup?
Hadn't thought of that desu, would be pretty cool

Then you should try the Fiio X1 and you will see that your phone has shitty audio quality.

The fuck is that lol?

My Sansa has been a trusty ally for years now. Still going strong even after a few accidents and issues.

sony nwz b153

> That's the point of today's pmps
I don't know what pmps stands for mate

Ah one of those old school usb stick mp3 players, thought the hdd was part of it lol. If you had those in elementary school you were the boss.

If you know what a dac is you should know this so this is probably bait, but I'll bite I'm bored.
Mp3 Player in form of an other acronym. It's shorter and stands for portable music player(s).

its not that old school

ah, thought so. had a few drinks (not bait, just tired)

Not since my Sansa died

I prefer using it over my phone, good physical buttons so don't have to bring it up to my face to do something with it, the only thing I miss is that on a phone I can easily search for a track, while I have to go through lists with the sansa.

Those are like the lamest thing ever. Thats the whole reason the shuffle 3g was canned and quickly replaced with the 4g.

Yes, /csg/ made me purchase a Ruizu and a shark. I use it for the gym.

my sister uses some sony mpplayer with 8gb which I bought for her 8 years ago

a year ago people were pushing sansa's. now, hardly anyone. I still use my sansa, but then my phone is still on webOS

>listening to such a small amount of music you can fit it all onto your phone
>2016

I spent 150€ on a mp3 player with QVGA video just before smartphones became popular.
I used it for one year not only because I got a smartphone, but because it was a pain in the ass converging and copying videos to it and also battery started failing.
Three phones later, I dont think is a useful gadget anymore, or maybe just for doing sports and risky things?

To be fair there are people out there retarded enough to get an iPhone or nexus phone.

>2016
>not listening to FLAC on your player

feels good to have ibasso dx50

Zune HD is still running strong, althoguh the 32GB storage on mine is too small. Im afraid of opening and trying to replace it in fear of breaking it.
It just works, and it works well. I just with apps weren't removed. Audiosurf on it was so much fun

Still rock an iPod Classic, the GOAT PMP

I used a rockboxed sansa clip+ because of the Opus support, Parametric EQ and Crossfeed.

However since discovering Neutron Player that has these features i switched to my phone.

It wasn't easy though, had to find this little gem buried beneath thousands of fucking unusable shit music players that don't even have opus support in the Google Play Store.

lol

lel

I had a Clip Zip but the headphone input became too loose to continue using. Replaced it a Chinese player by the company AGPTeK/Ruizu because the new gen of Clips are awful. Good quality little player and is better for music than my phone. The market for these is dwindling unless you want to spend a few hundred on a high end player, but there are a couple companies still putting good stuff out.

I do. I've been using an 8 gigs Creative Zen Mozaic for the past 8 years. Sadly it died just a couple weeks ago. Survived two encounters with water, one of them being a full cycle in the washing machine, three years ago. Its screen was about 80% dead by the end of last year, but it still played music very nicely; I learned the order of the songs on it, so it wasn't a problem to me, even if all I could see were the first three characters of the song title.
Now I'm using a 160 gigs iPod classic. Chose it because I was in desperate need of more space, and because the other model - a Sony player with expandable memory - was not in stock at that moment.

Do you even lift?

I've had four other players before the Mozaic. First was a 256mb mp3 player with usb, that died a couple years later. Next, I had a 2 gigs Sandisk Sansa m250 music player, that still works. I had a 4 gigs mp4 player that broke after just one month.
Then I got the Mozaic mp4 player. I received another 4 gigs no-name brand mp4 player, which I didn't really liked, so it's pretty much collecting dust. Now I'm using the iPod, but I'm also using an 8 gigs Sony waterproof mp3 player for when I'm swimming, jogging or cycling.
I'm sort of a music enthusiast, you see.

I carry this one

Actually yeah.

I have 2 Sansa Clip+'s I constantly give out to friends to borrow.

I always put on new audio books on the device for them.

Same
My iPod nano 2d gen is still working, so ...

My first was a Sony walkman CD that supported MP3. Briefly used my DSi XL with Moonshell but the quality was shit.

Currently using a refurbed Sansa Clip+ that I bought over a year ago. I'm satisfied with it. Wondering what high dollar tech fuckery OP is currently using.

She looks like a trashy defendant from Judge Judy now.

That means your headphone jack doesnt properly make contact anymore, if you can solder you can fix it

I still use my iPod Classic, but then I also use a Nokia feature phone.

I use one at work for our on-hold music

>sister still uses pmp you bought for her 8 years ago

She want's your D.

Goddamn, I though it was connected to the end of that HDD and was wondering why the hell you'd carry a HDD around to listen to music.

4GB isn't very much but I suppose it could be enough.

>soldered proprietary battery
into_the_trash_it_goes.mp3

>he thinks there is a difference between FLAC and 320kps

Get raped and kill yourself, you retarded fucking faggot sack of shit with down syndrome.

I have an old iPod Video 5.5g, it still works flawlessly and get like 8 hours of playback time. Best device I've ever owned desu.

I like using mp3 at the gym and running my sansa clip plus with rock box finally died for good today so now im going to look for a nano 1st or 2nd gen to put rockbox on.

Now that sansa is kill what other device can I buy for 50 bucks with quality audio? Minimum as good as the sansa clip with rockbox.

5th gen iPod Classic

anyone know if the RUIZU X02 is any good? looks too good to be true for the price its at and wanted to know if there was any catch.

i lost my clip zip yesterday

its the current meme you should get it

My Cowon C2 gets daily use. Battery's not holding as long of a charge as it used to so thinking about getting the Plenue D in the next year (read: Black Friday).

I'm using a sansa clip+ with rockbox almost daily. I don't have a good phone and I have 10GB of music that I wouldn't want to find space for anyway.

Yes, still use my zune HD and 30 now and then. But can't install the zune program on my win10 partition so might have to figure that out.

I still use my Ipod classic it was a gift from my wife and i use it whn i go to auckland because my phone never lasts as long on battery.

never the less i don't use it much anymore as my life is not as active much anymore.

i use my 4GB RCA GoGear (sansa clip size) for work. dont feel like wearing my phone battery down for podcasts.
bought it at a pawn shop in 2010 for $20.
its been through my washer and dryer a few times.
held in by superglue.
i need to fix the headphone jack again.

whats the good mp3 player with big / removable battery?
>inb4 get a phone
no, thx, size factor is crucial here, it have to be tiny as possible, aaa powered if possible but I tho k that such ones died out long time ago

Same, I still use my iPod Nano 3rd generation that'd I've had forever, its aesthetic as fuck

still does 13hrs on a single charge.
i remember at one point i would use this mp3 player to record a local morning show because their podcasts were always utter shit.
the last hour of the show was somehow the last hour of the previous days show.
i would wake up around the last hour of the show and record it from my mp3 player. later in the day i would cut out the commercials and download the first 2 hours of the podcast.way too much work so i just decided to be a day behind and listen to a complete show.

I use a fiio x1 because no other cheap mp3 player can hold over 64 gb
I have a 110 gb music library so I need the space
RIP ipod classic

Love this little guy. I don't like having to use my phone for anything more than calling and texting.

Plus I like the monochrome no color display. Simple and clean.

I've been using an Ipod Nano 5g for like 4 years. It's great. I have a smart phone but like to save the battery and don't really care to get calls so I only turn it on when I care to hear messages or read texts.

>tfw I found a clip zip yesterday

I've X3ii and SE535 and can push them to uncomfortably loud at ~60/120. What's the point of an external amp again?

I use a Sansa sport. I have broken the headphone jack on phones while working out before so I went back to a mp3 player. Also, it gives my phone better battery life since I'm not using it for music.

>whats the good mp3 player with big / removable battery?
Cowon Plenue D has a 100hr battery.

Philips GoGear Azure + JBL Charge 2+

Omfg there is a diffarance!!111!!! Reeee!

My 10 yr old creative zen sounds 1 million times better than my gay smartphone.

I'd actually like a new Walkman, but they're expensive.

But on smartphone you can search in your library just like on a PC
Can't do that on a dap

>But on smartphone you can search in your library just like on a PC
>Can't do that on a dap

are you retarded? even my sansa clip could do that. but now it died so I'm using my old xperia play as an mp3 player

Rockboxed iRiver hp-140 with 120GB ssd.
No many players have FM radio and allow custom OS.

Complete trash OS/firmware, randomly skips tracks, have to wait for the album art to load (can take a few seconds) before skipping to the next track, have to scoll for 2 hours before finding the right track because you can't jump to some letters or anything...