THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

THANK YOU BASED NVIDIA

Oh look, the shills are arriving. Fuck off.

Didn't AMD do this like half a year ago?

AMD does not support HEVC Main12 hardware decoding or Main10 hardware encoding or DisplayPort 1.4

Also AMD has nothing but paper launching shit for the last 6 months while Nvidia is first to FINFET

Nobody is going to put effort into shilling a product on board with less than 200 users. You are not a special snowflake, just face it.

Majority of Sup Forums is using Nvidia anyway so all this bullshit around jews, shills and redirecting to is getting stale.

If you think there are no shills on Sup Forums you're either deluded or too new, sage

>AMD announces a bunch of technology that they want to push
>even says they're going for smaller die mainstream cards, so they'll probably beat Nvidia to market
>Nope, Nvidia beats their mid-range cards to market with their own flagships AND beats their new technologies to market too

AMD is utterly fucked. What an incompetent, bumbling mess of a company.

>bragging about HDR
>when monitors with HDR don't even exist yet

How do you pull off "HDR" on an LCD monitor? Are they using FALD (full array local dimming) like those televisions?

That's going to be expensive as fuck, might as well just skip HDR altogether and buy that $5,000 Dell OLED monitor.

HDR monitors of course

You have to buy new DisplayPort 1.4 HDR monitor

Fanboys? Sure. Shills? I doubt it. Sup Forums is not so frequented website to be worth of that effort.

Great answer.

>less than 200 users
No way we're this small.

What's important here?

Biggest threads frequently have below 200 unique posters. So we either have tons of lurkers or Sup Forums is turning into ghost town

>Majority of Sup Forums is using Nvidia anyway
>Nobody is going to put effort into shilling a product on board with less than 200 users

this man speaks for Sup Forums everyone !!!

Just look at speccy threads. So much hated 970s everywhere.

Any tips on where I could try out this HDR feature. One can hardly imagine it from presentation.

>less than 200 users
Oh boy are you in for a surprise.

You do know that only crossboarding Sup Forumsermin even open those threads, much less post in them?

So called Sup Forumsermin board is flooded mostly by console owners. Speccy threads are Sup Forums users in action.

>Sup Forums users in action
You mean Sup Forums.

you belong there you fucking shill

What the fuck is this new "HDR" display crap? What does it actually mean in practice? Are there some performance specifications for monitor to meet before earning that spec? Is it just that a monitor is a "true" 10bit/12bit panel regardless of how the monitor is actually capable of displaying this image?

High Dynamic Range, common term in photography.
Basically not crunching blacks or blowing whites in a scene with either.

shut the fuck up idiot

Kill yourself nigger

Photography fag here

Dynamic range refers to how many exposure stops an image covers, ie how far pure black and pure white are from each other

Slide films like kodachrome have around 5-6 stops, negatives a bit higher at 5-10, and really good films developed/printed right could hit 15 or so.

Dslrs are usually around 6-10 depending on how you push it with high end dslrs up to 15 if pushed right.

Displays, like CRTs were pretty shit at 5-6ish, modern high end lcds are in the 7ish range.

The human eye has estimates all over the place, but 20-30 stops is common.

Why this matters now is with QD LCDs we now have displays that can comfortably push 15+ stops.

Yes I get what HDR actually is in photography(it's one of my hobbies), what it means in graphics engines and I can obviously deduct what the term literally means. I'm just wondering how stupid the new "HDR display" marketing talk stuff is. I have a feeling it's just something simple like a display can handle 10 and 12 bit color depths but the actual performance of the display is lackluster because of various of other reasons. Kind of like "HD Ready" which only touches the type of signal the display can handle but has no bearing at all on the image displayed.

>HEVC encoder

How fast is it? Is it feasible for streaming?