SPECCY THREAD SO POST SPECCYS OKAY?

SPECCY THREAD SO POST SPECCYS OKAY?

rolled out of bed and into a speccy thread.

How is 780 holding up these days?

need another 8gb ram
need 480x
maybe another HDD/SSD

For 1080p/60fps it's solid. Still capable of maxing most games out with post-process AA overclocked at 1163MHz. Need to turn really demanding stuff like Rise of the Tomb Raider down to the high preset to get 60fps though.

what the fuck is wrong with your temps?

He specifically uses Fahrenheit to trigger you.

That or he's literally retarded and doesn't know how to read Centigrade.

I literally did not read the F, I'm so used to it being celcius. I feel dumb.

Don't the entire industry uses C, anyone doing troubleshooting or who works with computers regularly would be expecting C.

It's still about 60 degrees Centigrade

it's also an ultraportable low power CPU, meaning it probably has a very tiny heatsink and fan.

Adding more ram soon

ya laptop runs hot at load but it's was only 400 dollars so its alright

You have enough ram

memes

why is my mobo so hot
how fix

Best build on Sup Forums right now.

That's the thermal sensor on the CPU socket. Tends to be a bit of a dead zone airflow-wise, especially if you're using a tall air cooler and/or tall RAM that blocks airflow down there. It's not a huge deal, but a fan in the top of the case would probably help.

ok

realized this speccy doesn't have my summer OC

3.7Ghz @ 1.1v

Its been awhile

POSTED AS REQUESTED

4.2GHz OC
I have a Titan Black in the mail that I managed to snag for $300, which is good considering eBay prices are outrageously high. I'm going to use it in MATLAB and for some CUDA programming (machine learning, image processing).
I'm already content with my 780's performance since all I play are games that are pretty easy to run, so the slight bump in power is welcome but not really necessary.

r8

R8 this piece of crap

overclocking in the summer? kek

cant wait to still get more rams

The winter OC is 4.5Ghz at 1.27v. Keeps the room a bit toastier.

Ambient temps here are already hot enough that I downclock a bit when it gets warm just to keep the room a few degrees cooler, yes it does make a difference.

>FX 9370
>Fahrenheit not Celsius

It's like you want to trigger me

sorry m8, its higher now cause iver started to play rust

Have you OC'd it past 4.4Ghz stock?

I've seen em at 5Ghz+

haven't tried anything really

Well I hope you got a good deal on it, or you bought it a year or so ago.

Nice

hey bishes

Seems like a pretty nice mid-range gaming PC, user.

That's what you get for buying a 140W housefire, user.

>That's what you get for buying a 140W housefire, user.

The 5960x is a 140w housefire, if you think the 5820k even uses close to 140w you're having a laugh, even at 4.4Ghz I struggle to pull 150w and that's with a full 1.1GHz OC from stock.

Whatever you say, user.

work laptop

You realize the first one on that chart is already OC'd right? That 5820k is already running 300MHz over stock clocks. The 2nd OC for the 5820k is at 4.5Ghz, which depending on the 5820k can require some decent voltage, I assume they were lazy with their OC since it's a benchmark site and they don't run their CPUs 24/7 in a personal system. So over 1.3v, hell they could've been super lazy and given it 1.4v just because it would work.

So you're pumping stupid amounts of voltage into it and surprised it uses a lot of power, shocker.

Like I said, on my own OC, I can't make it draw more than 150-160w without doing prime95 or similar torture tests.

Think I need to replace the thermal goo

kek

Pic says it all, one day ill build a PC, but not enough money right now, also i need more ram.

Laptop

CHOO CHOO
BEST BUILD COMING THROUGH

>Windows 10
>No optical drive
>Usb sound card
>Best build
Hell no

>You realize the first one on that chart is already OC'd right?

No it isn't dummy. They're just listing the boost clocks, hence the 4790K being listed at 4.4GHz. Keep trying to make yourself feel better about that 140W housefire though. You're clearly not sensitive about it or anything. ;^)

Paired with a 1070 or the Polaris equivalent (whichever performs better once vidya benchmarks are out)
1440p 60Hz
1080 120Hz+
I'm too poor to get a gsync monitor.

>;^)
Invalidated any point you thought you were making

Also, doesn't change shit from what I already said, not to mention showing total system draw is a terrible way to gauge how much power the CPU is taking up.

>>Windows 10
I for one welcome our new botnet overlords
>>No optical drive
>using discs to store data
is this 1995?
>>Usb sound card
that's my headphone
it connects through USB
>>Best build
Hell yes

>5820k@stock
>115w idle
>201w load
>86w due to CPU load

>[email protected]
>143w idle
>318w load
>175w due to 1.1GHz OC over stock

Looks fine to me user... The only reason it's using more than 140wTDP is because it's been OC'd by a LOT over stock.

Step aside plebs, greatness is coming thru

what should i upgrade? computer is seeming a bit dated lately

rate my shit up Sup Forums

>that's my headphone
>it connects through USB
You made it worse you memer.

>I have a Titan Black in the mail that I managed to snag for $300
Fucking junk, you can get a 980 for that price and a 980ti for just a bit more depending on where you look

extra 8GB of RAM and a new GPU while you wait for Zen to release.

>those monitors

into the trash

>>that's my headphone
>>it connects through USB
>You made it worse you memer.

Unless you're using a USB DAC/Amp with real headphones USB based headphones are almost always garbage meme quality.

But buying that would show actual intelligence.

wont zen need a new socket type which will mean DDR4 memory?

>he doesn't use a gold plated 3.5mm
>he doesn't use a PS/2 port for his keyboard and mouse
LITERALLY kys.

970 mobos always run hot. A fan over the north bridge would help or a side panel fan.

Yeah but RAM is dirt cheap so you shouldn't even be concerned about that. 8GB is like $20 and 16GB like 40-50.

this USB connected headphone is miles better than my previous 3.5 jack headphone

I know... but I can't seem to get rid of them, and I don't really need anything better

true but why buy ram now just to throw it away in a few months regardless of cost

G-Sync monitors are cheap these days. I got this one for $300 USD during a sale.

Because your OS is just caching things, I can pretty much promise windows 10 would happily use more RAM if you had it. I regularly use 10-12GB just browsing the web on one monitor and playing a 1080p movie on the other.

No point not spending the $20 to make the next 6 months more enjoyable. If you are really that poor then you shouldnt really be looking at Zen anyway. It's $20, I've lost more money on a drunk night out.

Okay? External USB DAC/Amp is still going to be much superior. And the only real reason it would be better is if your internal sound card had a lot of electronic interference.

I guess as long as they work, I regularly use IPS 2560x1440 panels and can't stand lower PPI.

okay

any 5960x bros out here?

#niggawemadeit

>i7
What do you need that for?

>1440p@144Hz with G-sync
My dream monitor user
>600usd in newegg
Yep, let's not even talk about how long new tech reaches this shit hole and how high their prices are marked up.

You seriously believe i7's are better than i5's?

5820k here, but I will be interested in the 6950x or E5-2689 v4 in a few years on the aftermarket.

It depends what you're doing, an i7-5960x isn't meant for gaming to begin with and it sounds like you think he is talking about gaming. This isn't Sup Forums.

The 5960x destroys literally an i5.

shit, posted non-updated build

>What do you need that for?
mostly fapping

>2x1TB SSD
nice

I have far more mechanical storage than you, but I only have 750GB of SSD storage in my desktop.

Grabbing a 1080ti whenever that comes out.

I'm satisfied enough with my benchmarks that I can wait.

Hey fags

>I guess as long as they work, I regularly use IPS 2560x1440 panels and can't stand lower PPI.
that's exactly why i stay away from them :)

i wanted to get a 27" 2560x1440 Dell but price is almost the same as a 32" Samsung, same resolution. but as i said, these damn things won't die and i can't justify 500€ on a new monitor right now. on the other hand, gayming is super comfy at 1680x1050 with the 380

nice double post faggot

That's what you get for posting from the mobile jew

Hello lads.

Now thats a real toaster.

hory shet