I'm about to wipe my SSD. What should I install on it? Fedora or Debian?

I'm about to wipe my SSD. What should I install on it? Fedora or Debian?

Other urls found in this thread:

getfedora.org/en/server/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>using distro named after a meme

kill yourself

w7enterprise

Haiku

Been using Fedora for 2 weeks now, it's pretty comfy user

Only faggots don't use Debian unstable :^)

>using the smiley with a carat nose

Just fedora man , really.
So fucking comfy god anuslord damn

Thanks guys, I'll give Fedora a try.

I've been using Fedora on my desktop for a couple months now, and as long as you install the RPM fusion repos it's great.

Install Fedora, Fedy and Frippery.

Don't listen to Fedora (Red Hat) shills, OP.
Fedora is basically a testbed for RHEL, a commercial "enterprise" linux distribution. With Fedora, you get a distro full of upstream alpha software; you're basically testing it "for free", if it works, it goes into RHEL.

Fedora sells itself as freetard distro wich strict guidelines, but in reality, there are no guidelines for proprietary drivers, which makes the "it's free" thing just another selling buzzword like "enterprise".

Bonufail: Fedoras community repo is literally a ghost town.

Fedora.

Kids and their bullshit, oh man.

Antergos

No

yes

M A N J A R O

>Fedora

Newer packages, I prefer DNF to APT, closer to RedHat if you want to tinker with their toys or also use RHEL/CentOS. Proprietary software comes from 3rd party repos e.g RPMFusion.

>Debian
Apt can be easier to use, more stable, official proprietary software through contrib and non-free. Not linked to a company, arguably more "free" from corporate interest.

I used Debian for a long time but every release I find its less and less attractive. Moved to Fedora at F23 and found it to be better. I use Plasma not Gnome though.

getfedora.org/en/server/

>server

Fedora definitely. Just werks. With up to date package, backed by the most profitable open sourced company on the planet and maximum freedom if you are a freetard. But you do t have to use it that way. What more could you ask for?

Debian

Use Fedora only if you are employed by Red Hat. No reason to beta test their capitalistic open source OS for free.

slack it up with slackware

Just install Arch you bitch.

>arch

I'm currently installing xubuntu. Shitposting from the installer CD to pass the time.

COMFY AS FUCK

Only niggers choose Xubuntu over Ubuntu MATE, you nigger

Never had any problems with my arch installation. Pacman is the best package manager and AUR is the best user repo. There's literally no downside to using Arch.

Oh, and I have a huge cock and women drop their panties the instant I tell them I am an arch user. Stay buttmad, virgin loser.

>no start menu program search

lmao dropped

>people actually use this "feature"
What has the world come to

don't be a retard and just use a *ubuntu distro like xubuntu.

OS X.

RHEL da best fuck da rest

open-source != freedom

trisquel

BlyatOS