Is there an MP3 player that has a slot for a regular SD card and can support 512 GB?

Is there an MP3 player that has a slot for a regular SD card and can support 512 GB?

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.xiph.org/PortablePlayers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dude just use microSDs

Do you really need 512GB, 200GB should be enough.

ipod classic 160gb

I recently reduced my collection down to a measley 650GB which is mostly lossless so I figured I could fit all of my music if I converted all songs to mp3

1 TB would be preferred so I dont have to convert to mp3 but 500gb will also do.

U wut m8?

no, 64gb is perfectly fine, also, with a bit of sticy tape you can stick 5 or 6 64gb cards to any fucking mp3 player if you're autistic and change your HUMONGOULOUS music library whenever the fuck you need

No but we now have 256GB microsd cards and 128GB android phones.

Get pic related + 128GB zenfone 2 and you'll have 384GB of storage.

Converting from flac to mp3 (HQ 256Kb/s VBR in lame) will turn 650GB into ~150GB. Or much less.
You can fit that shit on a 200GB microSD, dude.

Any idea when Sandisk will release the successor to their 200GB card? And when it might be...

Convert it to OGG opus 96kbps or OGG vorbis 125kbps. I think the Sandisk mini clip can play OGG vorbis?

If you're going to convert the files, get one of the players here:
wiki.xiph.org/PortablePlayers
And convert them to ogg vorbis

Samsung has patents on vnand, so never.

Problem is I hate that squeal noise and/or sound when the artists starts making the SSSS sound. This gets exponentially worse as the bitrate goes below 320

Sauce?

How then did sandisk get all the way to 200gb then?

HDD's not soldered, you can replace it with an SSD or SD card.

the samsung 256gb microsd is set to be sold in like a week

Too low dude.
256kb/s VBR lame will turn 20MB flacs into 4MB mp3s with much better quality than 125kb/s oggs.

>If you're going to convert the fi
If it says microSD but doesnt state a max, does that mean there is no maximum or its unknown

Autistic

He's trolling. Samsung is weeks away from selling their 256GB microsd card and is already working on a 320GB one.

>Samsung is

They are. They managed to cram 16TB in a 2.5" SSD. They won't have much trouble cramming 320 and soon 400GB on a tiny microsd.

Read the original question. It's about Sandisk, not Samsung.

Oh. Sandisk is still around though? I had no idea, I've always bought UHS-3 microsd cards from samsung.

>Sandisk is still around though
They are, but unless they can pull some legal protection out of their ass they won't be able to compete with Samsung in the high end market.

>Sandisk still around though?

They dominate the USB/SD card market and they're like 2nd or 3rd on SSDs. Why would you assume something happened to creators of solid state storage?