Had any Unix fun lately?

Had any Unix fun lately?
System V and BSD particularly welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/xenocara/app/fvwm/sample.fvwmrc/system.fvwmrc?rev=1.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
twitter.com/HeisSpiter/status/736165157336932352
undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20160527203200
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Recently switched the colour and highlight of the hands.

I wish someone cloned FVWM and made it not a complete fucking mess to configure.

I haven't configured it at all yet. What do you do?

you create a file in your home directory called .fvwmrc and read really bad, messy documentation
cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/xenocara/app/fvwm/sample.fvwmrc/system.fvwmrc?rev=1.8&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
I think this is the default OpenBSD config, just to give you an idea.

Most of my servers run Solaris, and I've recently taken to using IRIX for audio recording/editing, although to a rather limited extent since you can only get so far with a 23 year-old Indigo2 and slow-ish 500MB drives.

Ahh. Also, what sort of customisation do you do to your WM? What are your personal preferences?
Oh, neat. What sort of audio? Music?

I just use cwm, it comes with OpenBSD.
It's really easy to configure, to the point where my config file is about 10 lines.

I also use most of the default X utilities. You don't need a fancy customizable task bar like Tint2 when you can just use xclock. Same with xterm, who the hell actually needs rxvt? For the background, I just use xsetroot to set a solid color and that's it.

I should add that I used to be a ricer, but somehow I just managed to find pure zen when I switched to OpenBSD and now I try to be as minimalist as I can. I only install what's truly needed and I try to work with the base system as much as I can.

Yeah, the onboard sound hardware in it is pretty excellent for recording from records or streaming services when I can't get a digital/optical media copy, IRIX also ships with a great native sound editor that I prefer to Audacity.

Somewhat related:
twitter.com/HeisSpiter/status/736165157336932352

ReactOS a windows-like OS has read support for UFS volumes(FreeBSD implementation)

They also added support for several gnu/linux filesystems

Eh, not really related.

Fuck yeah!
Messing with OS X all the time!

Do you even have xclock, xedit, or xcalc installed? Come back when you do.

I do! I have build a huge unix subsystem

Oh okay, you're fine then.
Have pics or details? I'm honestly interested in what you've done with your OS.

I can't be bothered firing up my Power Mac, but here are old SS's of some shit on my Hackintosh netbook.

Neat stuff. Which version of OSX was this?
Leopard?

Kernel 9.8.0 so I guess Leopard yeah

Also, what are the big differences between xterm and Terminal? I've only used the former, not the latter.

xterm is X11, Terminal is native Cocoa OS X app, both use the same Bash tho.

Of course they both use the same shell, but even actual terminals have feature differences.

W^X now mandatory in OpenBSD undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20160527203200

Not mandatory, but enabled by default. It can be disabled.