youtube.com/watch?v=-nhRzOfpNsc
youtube.com/watch?v=dvkDKucAI1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

might help if the video was included m8

youtube.com/watch?v=r2MEAnZ3swQ

That's not the only thing he blows

Care to explain?

>Architexture

are you implying he's been involved in terrorist attacks in the past?

>Luke-senpai will never go off on his own
>he will always be bogged down by Linus's shit

kek

The only real conclusion to draw from this is that the pea method (or line if your CPU die is particularly rectangular) is the best method, not because it gives you better temps but because it uses less thermal paste.
That means you can change your paste weekly for longer from a single tube.

>That means you can change your paste weekly
That's excessive.
Only reapply when your idle temps get high or a month if you really want to be that person.

how often do you apply your thermal paste?

seriously I've only ever done it when installing new coolers and CPUs, I keep notes on the values and the most I've seen was 1C increase over like 2 years.

>weekly
>not daily

i wake up at 5am every morning so i can change the paste on all my computers before work

I haven't changed the thermal paste once in the 7 years since I built this PC. Temps are still okay, maybe not quite as good as they used to be. I'd do it every 2 or 3 years max.

>not reapplying new paste every hour on the hour
get a load of this normie

Underrated shitposting.

The only thing he blows is linus dick.

Go to bed Luke

>implying Luke is a cocksucking faggot

Fucking Linus doesn't make him gay. Boipussy is still pussy.

Been a loyal Arctic Silver 5 user for almost a decade, but decided to try something different recently. On my laptop with a normal test of wPrime to a million places it would reach 92C using AS5.

I found a tube of Thermaltake TG-3 at Fry's last weekend for $5 on sale so I figured what the hell.

Came home, applied it in the same manner, booted up, ran wPrime once more for a million places and...

78C tops.

8 fucking degrees difference.

>Arctic Silver 5
>into the trash it goes

tfw ripped a piece of the noctua hsf kit shipping box off and used their paste to put a dollop and then spread evenly with the cardboard

solid temps a year later

and incase you missed the first 2 blowouts

casefanfags

youtube.com/watch?v=8OmkmluAYAQ

and cable management fags

youtube.com/watch?v=YDCMMf-_ASE

btfo

I had no such issues with AS5. You might have had a bad batch or you were just retarded.

Have you tried it against competing compounds? 'cause if you haven't, then shut the fuck up. AS5 is generally regarded as "last century tech" now with respect to thermal compounds, it's really that far behind the competition.

Ordered some IC Diamond which will be here in a few days, that supposedly will be at least another 5C off the "pure stock" temps so, whatever it takes to keep the box running cooler is fine with me.

>you know you haven't
>you'll say you have
>you're a dumbass either way

I've taken this as license to not bother cable managing ever.

They made a new one recently dude the thermal paste one is old af

Many other people have. Just fucking google it. I'm not even saying that I still use AS5, the tube of it I had dried up a long time ago, but the temps I had with it were good.

>PSU orientation fags BTFO

literally every Sup Forums meme is being mythbusted 1 by 1

youtube.com/watch?v=-nhRzOfpNsc

>Boipussy is still pussy

No, its the anus of another grown man. We get that you are degenerate, but don't be delusional too.

i was an engineer and this shit was my job for some time
i tell people the same thing in every one of these god damn threads
- thermal paste is a gap filler not a conductant, it's just there to fill air gaps
- as long as you cover the surface without air gaps you're fine
- the amount of pressure being applied by your heatsink is what determines the thickness of the paste, not your application method
- the brand of paste DOES NOT MATTER although those pre-applied phase-change materials you get on stock coolers are normally slightly warmer
- most examinations of thermal paste like this don't look at long term results e.g. drying out and cracking, which is where most thermal probelsm come from

>brand of paste does not matter
It just doesn't matter much, in most cases.

>there will never be a solo male video of Luke slowing jacking it and cumming all over his chest

Why live

>autists worrying about nothing

LMAO

most guys on chaturbate only show from the chest down so you'd never know, user

Oh I know.
I'm one of those guys

my favorites are the ones with "18" in their profile but look like they're still ripe enough to be on younow

He browses this Sup Forums

You newfriends just noticed that

>hypermemeing is literally a meme

not that i didnt realize this myself when i saw skylake pentiums outperforming some HT i3/i5 haswell's even in multithreaded benchmarks

youtube.com/watch?v=dvkDKucAI1M

When I was a lad I used to pry the fans off of CPUs on my computers just to take the CPU out of the socket and have a look at it.

Then I would put the fan back on without replacing the thermal paste. I didn't even know what the paste was other than it was probably something important and I should leave it there.

Never noticed a difference after.

That's probably because when you were a lad the computers didn't have temperature sensing diodes.

At least I hope that is why.

He's so handsome

HAHAHAHAH THEY ARE ADVERTISING CRUNCHYROLL IN THE VIDEO JUST BECAUSE THEY KNOW YOU WEEBS WILL CLICK THE VIDEO

Once a year is the ideal schedule for it. However, most people who say this can probably admit to not following through with it.
Although I'm guilty of not keeping schedule over it, I've inadvertently done it when doing minor upkeep/upgrades to my system and will be doing it very soon once I get the rest of my WC gear.

Come on, even linus is a less obvious faggot than luke

they dont stress the cpu properly they just run it at a min.. call it a test lol

Computers didn't run so hot back in the day

Right, everybody knows that the laws of thermodynamics magically change at higher CPU load!!

>people shitting on AS5

The impressive longevity of AS5 is what keeps me using it. The cure time is meaningless when my PC is kept on 24/7. Two years down the road and there is no noticable increase in temps. A 20g tube has lasted me 5 years, 6 GPUs with varying custom coolers, and a dozen reapplications across 3 computers. After two years it dries out only slightly, which makes removing a sink less of a hassle compared to ceramic types that turn into fucking glue.

Back 2 Sup Forums

>tfw you are using chocolate as your thermal paste

They're both gayer than a Kelly Clarkson concert

I would add to that that getting the mount level will make the biggest difference by far, not the paste. Not a huge deal on desktop mobos (where mount clamps exert a lot of force over a ton of clearance), but it's a huge deal on laptops with light springs and tiny tolerances. Using same paste and same application method, put a heatsink on ten times and record the results each time. Unless you're meticulous with the mount, temps will be all over the place.

>luke
more like puke

There's just something about luke I don't like, but I can't put my finger on what it is exactly.

are you stupid or what?

>ceramic types that turn into fucking glue.
Fucking hell, I have seen some processors come right out of the socket when trying to remove the heatsink thanks to thermal paste like that.

I also have to wonder how TG-3 could give eight degree lower temps than AS5 when TG-2 couldn't even beat Cream Cheese, let alone Mayonnaise, TG-1 AND AS5.

Either they somehow managed to pull off a miracle paste on their third try or the guy just can't apply paste for shit.

No, but I'm very certain that you are.

>change your paste weekly
>weekly
fuck off mate

I haven't changed mine in 4 years

tried a bunch of different pastes from ic diamond 24 carat, noctua's stock paste, artic silver 5, artic-mx4, some off-brand stuff, generally found the best to be whatever the cheapest is at the time of ordering or whatever you have on hand that hasn't dried up, although personally I dislike as5 as it states it requires a month curing time and can be a bitch to remove the heatsink afterwards (plus artic mx4 is cheaper)

fwiw different benchmarks will show different results depending on mounting pressure but they're all mostly within 10% of each other

the only really, really good cooling compound is liquid metal but it requires damaging the surface of the cpu which affects resale and voids the warranty, and if you fuck it up it WILL short on components near the cpu

He is a practical user and a hobby grade pc builder.

Linus is the only person at that company who is actually [spoiler]competent[/spoiler] with technology.

>Linus is the only person at that company who is actually competent with technology.

Don't you dare to say that. He's an absolute idiot.

Linus has nothing to do with tech retard, he's studied as a marketeer, he's just a stupid shill

Mayonnaise master race reporting in.

made me kek

Can we have slick on the sticky of Sup Forums

He is supreme qt

Fucking flawed ass science yet again from Linus shill tips.

You need to measure the temperature AND THE NOISE/FAN SPEED TO KEEP AT THAT TEMPERATURE.

If one application keeps it at 50C @ 70% whilst the other keeps it at 50C @ 100% fan there is a big fucking diference.

I want Lukes big fat cock inside of my boipucci. No homo
>inb4 Linus pls

The other user is right.
With Luke using words like "my goodness" every 2 fucking seconds, and acting like an emotionally sensitive retard,
he makes the gayness of Linus look like average bro butting.

Maybe you should read the comments.

Linus makes my kokoro go doki doki.
Gaydar tripping haaarrrddd.

No-one in the company knows much about technology. They have surface level knowledge and research before they cover something.

Most of the time they get it right, but when they need to actually use the knowledge to build something, they get it wrong due to not truly understanding the subject, but rather just spouting shit they've read online.

>Don't use way too much
Why? Assuming it's not conductive, considering he makes a distinction. It's not actually worse, and it can't short shit, so why shouldn't you use too much?

Who is this semen demon?

Thermal paste conducts heat better than air, but still way worse than the bare metal. The idea of thermal paste is to use as little as possible. Just enough to even out eventual bumps and scratches in the metal and than some.

Plus I guess the reasoning here is that you just don't want to ruin your mainboard with that shit.

>Thermal paste conducts heat better than air, but still way worse than the bare metal. The idea of thermal paste is to use as little as possible. Just enough to even out eventual bumps and scratches in the metal and than some.
But, like the video points out, there's not actually a practical difference.

>Plus I guess the reasoning here is that you just don't want to ruin your mainboard with that shit.
Just that there's a bit of grey shit there that doesn't even do anything?

90f degrees outside.

about a week ago I rebuilt my PC after it mysteriously burnt out two PSU'S in one day.

Still no idea what happened but 3rd PSU hasnt xplode yet.

Just used some CM Paste I had from the 212 evo used.

Quite content with 61c under 100% Load on a hot ass day

>Just that there's a bit of grey shit there that doesn't even do anything?
You could say it doesn't matter, but then again people act all kinds of autistic when shit's expensive. I don't know, I wouldn't want to have gray blotches all over my mainboard.

But yeah, it doesn't really make a practical difference it seems. I guess simply because the pressure that is applied to the cooler makes sure that there's no thick layer of thermal paste accumulating. It just gets spread out..

So he only says that because it might apply to some unmentioned group? But he mentions specifically in other videos why some people act "autistic" and that it applies to them, why not here?
Is he fucking stupid? It shouldn't be such a strong negative answer for that one.

I guess. I don't care, really. This is the first and only video I've seen with him, so I don't give a shit.

Linus said in a recent video that most of what he learned was self taught. He even flunked out of college.

>not hiring pajeet to replace thermal paste immediately after application.