What is a good 1440p 144Hz monitor?

What is a good 1440p 144Hz monitor?

I don't care about IPS or g-sync, I just want a quality monitor. All the ones that I can seem to find have absolutely horrible quality control, with the exception of the U2711 which is only 60Hz and expensive as hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-QNIX-QX2710-LED-27-WQHD-2560x1440-Samsung-PLS-PC-Monitor-Glossy-/140934439651?hash=item20d058e2e3:g:Ax8AAOSwEetV91r0
ebay.com/itm/CROSSOVER-27V-IPS-DP-FREEDOM-HDMI-2560X1440-WQHD-75Hz-FreeSync-Monitor-Remote-/141967161353?hash=item210de6f809:g:r9oAAOSwQjZXPgWQ
eizoglobal.com/products/foris/fs2735/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Acer XB270HU

>buying a monitor now
>with HDR less than a week away
Whaaat?

what is HDR? I haven't kept up honestly.

IPS but better without the latency and backlight bleed.

It will be new technology though.
So it will be several thousand dollars and likely have first generation issues.

U2515H

This. It will take years for it to get where IPS is today.

I just bought the dell 27inch gaming monitor and it's really good. A lot cheaper than the Asus too

Hey, at least technology is increasing at a rate unlike in any other time in history. Soon enough we won't be using monitors but contact lenses with little screens in them!

dubest scale ive ever seen. leaves out a ton of technologies that we relied on for everything leading up to the stupid as shit spike

Cool.

probably...

I was thinking about that one. I read that the colors are washed out though. How bad are they? (I'll be upgrading from an ASUS VS239)

yeah, this is cool as hell, dangerous though.

i love how much bullshit this photo is.

>here's how the image looks like on your current monitor
>here's how it looks on a HDR monitor

when you're seeing the 'HDR' image on your standard monitor already.

i rarely use monitors in the dark so even if blacks aren't black i really don't give a shit.

size is king, call me when we have HDR IPS 4k 40 inches for under a grand.

>(condensed)

What is this? Any measurements anywhere of a computer monitor using this "new" tech? Sounds like a massive marketing fad yet again. Best IPS panels have virtually no lag anyway right now and how is the latency in any way related to a "HDR" display?

Fucking kek at the arbitrary Y axis.

Facebook > Google >>>>>>>>> Car

better version

The colors seem washed out because it's a gamma-heavy monitor and needs to be tweaked a good bit to get it just right but once adjusted its fine. I don't even have a 1440p canard yet and I have no regrets.

Get a Dell, they have a better QC

>moore's law
It has been disproven. Step your shit up senpai.

I am currently using the monitor depicted in your image OP and I can recommended it. Got it on sale from Newegg open-box and have had zero problems.

>when you're seeing the 'HDR' image on your standard monitor already.
Well no shit.
What way do you think they have to illustrate what a HDR screen will look like without actually having you look at a HDR screen?
The most they can do is compress down the colors and contrast and show what it would be relative to current screens we use now.

We would still be stuck in the Industrial Age if it wasn't for recovered alien technology

>Peak of Rome
>1000 AD
Wat

Moore's law is about computing, not the accumulation technological advancements.

The issue with invention and science in the past was that spreading that info and keeping it alive was a bitch.

We're no longer reliant on huge libraries and shit to keep our stuff so we can rapidly accelerate at a rate unlike ever before.

What are the chance to win the IPS panel lottery if I buy an Asus monitor?

I'm using a Dell 34" Ultrawide. Just got it a few days ago and the thing is sweet.

Zero backlight bleed and gaming is really good. Apparently you can overclock the thing but i havent bothered to tried. Too much of a pleb and I dont wanna break whatever would be overclocked.

30% chance if you buy an older asus
60% if you buy the pg279q or better.

the best ips panels have minimal bleed, there isn't a perfect ips screen afaik.

Is there any reason I shouldn't get the Acer predator x34? I want the best and totally dig the ultra wide instead of multimonitor.

I'm running a x97 mobo, i7-4790k, and gtz 980ti zotac amp extreme.

>So it will be several thousand dollars and likely have first generation issues.
>This. It will take years for it to get where IPS is today.
>Sounds like a massive marketing fad yet again.

why is modern Sup Forums such shit?

QD lcds have been around for a bit now in tvs, and finally were getting QD monitors

This place has gone to such shit

Im planning on just getting a used monoprice 27" 1440p or a similar korean unit for my upcoming build

$200

Pixel perfect

27" PLS "samsung" panel

Free shipping

New

yuuuuuuuup

Or better yet

1440p
75hz/Freesync
Matte
DisplayPort / HDMI / DVI-D Dual Link

$300 shipped

Where do you even find these prices?

ebay

$200
ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-QNIX-QX2710-LED-27-WQHD-2560x1440-Samsung-PLS-PC-Monitor-Glossy-/140934439651?hash=item20d058e2e3:g:Ax8AAOSwEetV91r0

$300
ebay.com/itm/CROSSOVER-27V-IPS-DP-FREEDOM-HDMI-2560X1440-WQHD-75Hz-FreeSync-Monitor-Remote-/141967161353?hash=item210de6f809:g:r9oAAOSwQjZXPgWQ

Im usually not one to place asthetics as a high priority but man the $300 is way better looking.

Not to mention freesync helps...

shitty korean brands with a high rate of dead pixels
senpai

>shitty korean brands with a high rate of dead pixels

herp derp tons of reviews touting it as great price/performance.

"pixel" "perfect" means its guaranteed against dead pixels.

paid reviewers
buy one yourself and report back and you'll see.

>ebay for computer equipment

next you'll say buy from amazon

right, every tech related website with a forum post reviewing the monitor is a shill, every single one.

They're everywhere.

protip: if the item is new, and the cost is agreeable, the etailer it comes from really isn't relevant.

Is it worth getting a used PG278Q at $350-$400?

This. We wouldn't even have internet without the roswell crash.

yeah if you want your black screens to look white.

>pixel perfect*

*up to 10 black pixels or 6 white pixels are considered acceptable

What unit is on the y-axis?

In the coming year will the price of 1440p 144hz Ips monitors drop to a nice price?

Do you use it? How is it? I also shortlisted it after so many research but want honest user review.

Kek

IBM really loves eye candy

Thats horrible!"

moore's law still holds true.

Just look at the new GPUs compared to the last gen. They literally have double the transistors

EIZO Foris FS2735
eizoglobal.com/products/foris/fs2735/index.html

No, i ordered one this Monday.