Hi, Sup Forums I want to buy a projector. There are tons of projectors for sale on amazon...

Hi, Sup Forums I want to buy a projector. There are tons of projectors for sale on amazon, but theyre all from very sketchy sounding brands, that ive never heard of,

Eg.
amazon.com/Tronfy-Entertainment-Multimedia-Projector-Interface/dp/B00ZOI31K4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464408750&sr=8-1&keywords=projector

Would you suggest buying a used projector off of ebay? And if so what models are good, I dont really have any experience with them, am willing to spend about $175

Other urls found in this thread:

projectorcentral.com/best-home-theater-projectors.htm
inventgeek.com/diy-home-theater-projector/
amazon.com/Optoma-HD141X-1080p-Theater-Projector/dp/B00MK39P92?ie=UTF8&colid=3E4MKGDY5FT0C&coliid=I32AWUWIABFSN&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>projector
>2015
just get a vr headset

Thats the biggest meme ever why would i do that

Also I would like to have a large screen so that I can invite friends over to watch on, not just for me desu

because it doesn't make constant noise and you don't have to buy a new $150 light bulb every month

Projector central is my go-to when it comes to projectors. Great reviews and comparisons.

Also, check this list about the editors choice for the best >$1000USD home theaters, given your budget.
projectorcentral.com/best-home-theater-projectors.htm

>vr headset

a vr headset is perfect to watch stuff on a huge screen without your friends

I have a VR headset and it's fucking stupid for watching movies. The resolution isn't there yet for it. People need to get it through their heads.

You should get a BenQ w1070. I saw it on sale for $500 refurb. Probably the best projector you can get for the buck. Maybe get their newer H2020 which is pretty much the same if you want something with a quieter fan however but not sure if it's worth the extra $200 or so unless you're really anal about noise.

Ahh nevermind. Didn't even read your shitty budget. Don't even bother with a projector at that price.

Your budget is really low for a projector. Your best bet might be to nigger out and make a DIY projector. You can make the equivalent of a pretty expensive commercial projector with an overhead and a dismantled LCD monitor for like $200.

inventgeek.com/diy-home-theater-projector/

Inventgeek — July 12, 2005

i have this on my (never gonna get) wishlist:
amazon.com/Optoma-HD141X-1080p-Theater-Projector/dp/B00MK39P92?ie=UTF8&colid=3E4MKGDY5FT0C&coliid=I32AWUWIABFSN&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_ttl

Have any friends that work as the IT guy in schools? Ask him when their next rotation is, then grab one before he bins them. give it a clean and you're good to go.

The date doesn't matter, it's still applicable to today if you want to go the dirt cheap route, since overhead projectors are given away for free and their bulbs cost nothing.

Do you really have to say nigger? Come on please keep it civil. Thank you.

Yes, I literally have to say nigger. And people like you asking about my verbal tic trigger me, so I'd like for you to check your fucking privilege, nigger.

Could you do this except with the iPad screens and the DP adapter? That'd be pretty boss, desu.

fuck off and come back when you have $1000

The Optomas use a RGBCMY color wheel instead of RGBRGB which fucks with the colors. Not worth it over the BenQ.

Yes, you can. You can make a 4K projector if you really want, and those usually cost at least $5,000.

Are you fucking 12yrs old? You fucking shithead. I been running a projector in my setup for yrs..you know how many bulb replacements I've had to do? 1..out of 2 projectors in 5yrs..1 fucking time and was less than $100. Really, keep your dumb shit misinformed thoughts to yourself on topics you have no knowledge of. Oh and the noise issue..again, these aren't the shit your teacher pulls out in class. Can't hear mine at all unless i stand next to it when it is running.

>these aren't the shit your teacher pulls out in class
Teachers haven't used overhead projectors in years.

>800x480
hahahaha
just get a tv.

>inventgeek.com/diy-home-theater-projector/
is this a joke? just buy one second hand or with no bulb and buy one

optoma and memeQ are joke projectors