There's poorfags 9n this board who don't have a sound card

>there's poorfags 9n this board who don't have a sound card
>They think on board will compete with my $500 card

Why even have a computer if all you have is that shit integrated soundcard?

Most people don't really give a fuck about sound and don't have the equipment to take advantage of a high-end card.

2/10 bait, made me reply

>he thinks there is going to be a competition with his card going up against strangers from Sup Forums

>sound card
>not USB DAC + Amp stack
pleb

Wtf is a sound card?

Basically like a graphics card but for rendering 3D audio

Sounds like a meme

battle me OP

Go to bed Dennis you fucking sperglord.

>falling for the external dac+amp meme
Enjoy your expensive placebo

desu it's actually pretty comfy, senpai

Because I'm half deaf and am not a hipster audiophile sperglord.

>has $500 soundcard
>spends all day listening to music on YouTube

Why would i need a sound card if i use optical out with my denon receiver?

>he doesn't have an external dac amp combo instead of an onboard soundcard that is constantly getting emi from the motherboard

>Sounds like a meme
>Sounds

Apogee Duet firewire master race reporting in.

I am going to point out two reasons why.
1. Doing legacy games. Fucking sucks when you use hardware that isn't backwards compatible.
2. Todays onboard sound is far better than the ones we could have 10 years ago. The BS meme of "why bother with soundcards" actually makes sense today.
>it's still worth using them for professional production but for typical reproduction of game sounds it's pointless today to use external cards.

Unless you have the audio equipment required to fully utilize that card, there is little difference between a dedicated sound card and an integrated one.

B..b...because I have a DAC senpai... schiit make good dacs. Why waste a perfectly good PCI slot?

>he pays money for placebo
Wew lad.

>$500 internal card
A hahahaha gitgud this isn't even my final form

Listening to digital music at all.

I'm just enjoying me vinyls here.

Fury x?

Yeah.
I play some vidya, but I mostly use it for Harmony animation and powerdirector video editing, so it's actually really good for my purposes.

>he bought a $500 sound card instead of a much cheaper external USB DAC that sounds just as good