What the fucking shit, Mozilla?

What the fucking shit, Mozilla?

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/chrome-27-firefox-21-opera-next,3534-12.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Someday, someone will fork firefox and a better browser will come along just like how firefox was a netscape fork.

>inb4 pale moon
I want a fork that isn't based off a build from years ago.

lol fuckin rekt. thats why i don't use software within software. browser extensions are basically a meme. i think i'm the only person on Sup Forums who doesn't and never will use them.

Hell it didn't screenshot the whole page. Basically I woke up this morning to find 2/3rds of my addons now disabled.

>HTTPS Everywhere
>umatrix
>ublock origin
Only three extensions I need.

You do realize all of that shit slows the browser down? Firefox is already bad enough with its launch time. Extensions need to go just like NPAPI.

You're so special and so much better than everyone else.

>Muh special snowflake status

>just let marketing companies track your every move
no thx

nope. actually, i am a very bad person.

Go away ad company shill

hes right though, you give too much control to extensions to do whatever the fuck they want with the browser and then complain when they cause performance issues, its no doubt mozilla are constantly trying to lock things down because the idiots are winning

>Firefox is already bad enough with its launch time
you wot mayn

Fuck off shill

Get used to it, mozilla isnt the same as it used to be

Whats wrong with the build for pale moon

Furry shit aside, it's based off firefox 24 and was only made because autists were upset over the firefox 29 update.

A good reason why i do not use YahGoozilla Chromefox anymore.

All they do today is supporting simple users. Locking stuff down because simple users can't understand, removing stuff because simple users are offended to have features which they do not understand.

Also removing stuff because SJW guys and feminists get mad because no advanced feature should exist as that kind of features do only support technology advanced guys and insults the general common idiot user only because features like that do exist.

Way to go crapware!

Too bad firefox is the only good modern open source browser.

>Someday, someone will fork firefox and a better browser

Nope.

It's all about Chromium copies nowadays. Firefox will die if Mozilla dies, I'm sure.

Google Chrome is to blame that we are living in times where idiots reign.

If Chrome never would have existed, we still would have software optimized for advanced users.

Google is to blame for SJW, feminists, simplicity and minimalism and that every developer today is sucking simple users dicks.

And to make it even "better" everyone tries to be like Chrome because the others are just jealous of their market share.

Google should be vanishing, they are to blame that technology goes ten steps backwards instead of 10 steps forward.

Disgusting!

I do not care for Open Source if i have to use such a fucking crapware. Vivaldi is my browser of choice.

But granted, i could switch over to Otter Browser, which is Open Source.

Lol, one day, after my website, and probably sometime around when I do some actual software, I wanna make a web browser.

Chrome sucks, FF is absolute dogshit. IE is... better.

I'd pick a good name though.

>please stop making computers easier, customizing my browser is the only way i can impress my mom

A browser is not good if all advanced features are removed. Even Open Source does not save it anymore from being crap.

Crap stays crap, no matter if it is foss or not. Only zealots do not understand this fact.

Way to go cocksucker! Fucking hypocrite!

What is the last good version of Firefox before all these shit changes started happening?

so google is to blame for making the fastest, un-bloated and not desperate browser for computers? hmm....

>I am too stupid to handle advanced options, Open Source is the only important, i am insulted by features so i want them all gone

Spot the simple fag without brain who is insulted by advanced features in a program

>good

Chrome sucks. It is to blame that we do not have advanced software anymore, only simple stuff for simple fags.

If you call that a good software and good influence, then you are more stupid as you are writing right now.

And guess where Brendan Eich was kicked from by SJW. Yep, it is NOT google.

Mozilla should allow third party to make browsers based on gecko engine just like google does. Because of this, Opera, Vivaldi and various browser creators improve chrome/blink for free and this is why Chrome is good browser. Not only from user point of view but also browser developer too.

It is terrible compared to the superior Google Chrome. Does Firefox still put all tabs under one huge process? Yes it does last time I used it.

shit aside with the power users, I have nothing else to complain about. Speaking of alternatives like otter browser, has anyone used them? Is it good?

Mozilla allows people to do that. Nobody actually makes use of it, as they turn their code right now in a carbon Chrome copy.

So why bother with Mozilla code if you have in the end a code base which is almost like Blink?

no advanced software?

Someone needs to make a browser with comparability to Firefox extensions already.

I can't code like shit, nor do I want to

Otter is good, but still rough around the edges. So is Qupzilla or Qutebrowser.

>quit Firefox
200MB of ram free
>quit chrome
>3GBram of ram free

Chrome is the definition of bloated trash browsers

I'll stick with firefox till a superior open source alternative is made.

Well, software which is mainly supporting the needs for advanced users, software which is not being dumbed down because a simple user could be insulted in their pride because of not enough intelligence to be able to handle complexity.

such curry addons

>Mozilla allows people to do that. Nobody actually makes use of it
because it's shit code. google had tabs as processes back in 2009. it took firefox 7 years to get to the same level. you can imagine how fucked up their code must be.

Nobody does it because if anybody decides to do that, that person/company will not have their changes upstreamed for compatibility reasons. And there are technical difficulties to port from gtk to other toolkits.

Mozilla does not do other products than browser so if anybody will make better browser than fx based on gecko mozilla will cease to exist. This is reason why mozilla won't accept any good changes.

The thing is Firefox is not superior anymore. It is a fake Chrome browser. Looks like Chrome, feels like Chrome but is not Chrome.

What is worse than a company which defines itself over trying to become like Chrome?

Otter, Qupzilla or Qutebrowser, hell even Midori is better at that point.

chrome://flags

you're welcome. utilize this time to feel stupid for being alive for the past 4 months you've been posting this nonsense.

By "compatibility reasons" I meant that company wants to post it.

>quit Firefox
>1200MB of ram free

And that is what i wanted to say. They are Chrome addicted, so they are not accepting anyone else around which does NOT want to be like Chrome.

It is either use Firefox code base and be happy about becoming an almost carbon Chrome copy or fuck off and go somewhere else.

That is what Mozilla is wanting.

>autist fixated on features yet can't articulate even, somewhat, what those 'features' are

>even thinks speed is not a feature and should be sacrificed for some vague thing he calls "features"

Haha! I speak of customization, ricing, theming... changing some lame flags you call advanced stuff?

You are an insult for every real power user! Go back under your rock simple fag and think of what you have written right now!

People still use Firefox,

>what is memory cache
>what is prefetching

Ricing, theming, changing the whole UI as you want, customize almost every visible aspect of the browser out of the box without add-ons/extensions/aps, use CSS to place every single little element where you want to have it, use CSS to change the color of every single piece like you want to have it.

>I want a fork that isn't based off a build from years ago.
A build before they turned shit. Just like Firefox and Netscape.

It means that it's time for you to submit to Mozilla's girth like the good little bitch dog that you are.

At least there's something you're right about.

And yet people who like speed only or are able to switch a handful of flags which increase the browsers instability think they are power users.

Well done, you should be hit by a flash right in your face that your brain is roasting in hell forever!

>Does Firefox still put all tabs under one huge process? Yes it does last time I used it.
Chrome's approach is a times worse.

Palemoon, Seamonkey, maybe Iridium, maybe Midori (in the future)

>dog instead of fox
You had one job

>people STILL use failurefox
Last time I used it (version 46 or whatever the fuck) they got rid of the menu for some gay faggot ass button that didn't even have all the options. It also locked up after trying to run an HTML5 video because it was running for 3 days, and the shitty fucking piece of shit didn't let me restore my tabs. I guess they're going to multiprocess because they can't fix their fucking browser, so at least if something fucks up it just kills that tab. They obviously can't fix it because FF keeps getting more fucked up with every release.

>>inb4 pale moon
>I want a fork that isn't based off a build from years ago.
You mean back when firefox wasn't a heap of shit? Oh no, it will be missing killer features like no FTP and some spyware Pocket addon.

Seamonkey loses all features once XUL is killed, Pale Moon is dying.

What version of Firefox doesn't come with chrome reskin crap?

Vivaldi is what i use too. Features are great, but it is Chromium, so it still sucks like hell.

Also it is only an app and 2 extensions which makes it a pseudo browser only.

Otter Browser and Qupzilla or Qutebrowser are the real deal. Or the concept of Brave (NOT the browser itself) to create a browser with lib-chromium-content.

lib-chromium-content. or QTWebengine are the future, someone has to really make a good Open Source browser with one of that 2 creation methods.

Firefox 0.x - Firefox 22 (Firefox 23 - 28 also feature heavy feature removals for the Chrome UI introduced in Firefox 29)

>Furries

Just gas it already...

Firefox 29 and onward IS bad, as Mozilla only tried to make a carbon Chrome copy afterwards.

If you call a desperate attempt to get Chrome users and jealousy with the wish to destroy Google because Mozilla can't forgive that Google abused them and enforced simplicity on them and afterwards was casting Mozilla aside good...

Well, in that case you should better activate your brain for once...

This meme is years old at this point....

The only bad thing is that it is outdated. Technology wise it sucks big time.

And i do not think they have the knowledge to finish Tycho, a Pale Moon rebuild on a later code base if they have already been unable to keep their code base 24 fork up to date.

So we fork FF 22, give it a facelift, patch security holes, and maybe add actual features we would need

All of those should be signed I think. They should work

Forget that. You do not have the abilities. Even Moonchild with Pale Moon failed as that was too complex.

Pick either libchromiumcontent and Electron or QTWebengine and QT - More easier and more future proof.

libchromiumcontent means you only use the Chromium rendering engine, all the rest you create on your own.

So no spyware or telemetry or Chrome UI available. Just pure non-poisoned Blink available.

Of course Google and Chromium team says that you SHOULD use the whole Chromium code if you want to create a Chromium based browser, but that is a lie.

You can do it without any of Chromiums UI and API bloats and create a real sane browser like Firefox once was, with tons of features thanks to the UI not a native one. All made of CSS - which offers limitless customization.

But user I'm autistic and don't want anything with the name chrome at all touching my browser

Chromium/Chrome is defined over it's UI.

Blink is defined over the rendering.

Blink pure is NOT Chrome/Chromium

>Whats wrong with the build for pale moon

Security. Firefox 24 was released in 2013. I cannot reasonably expect a browser version from 2013 to be as secure as the current version of Firefox.

>Firefox 24 was released in 2013. I cannot reasonably expect a browser version from 2013 to be as secure as the current version of Firefox.
All the "features" they keep adding to FF are riddled with bugs and holes. It probably is more secure.

All of those are on AMO(signed), there's no reason they shouldn't be working.

Even if they were disabled by the check you can disable the check in the preferences.

I'm using qupzilla. It looks like a decent firefox and uses qtwebengine, which is basically chromium. Userscripts work too, the only downside is that there is only one developer.

Well, Open Source means you can contribute or anyone can take over when something happens.

But better try Otter-Browser - has even more advanced features and offers QTWebengine builds too.

Mozilla will kill the function to allow unsigned extensions. Then you have to install the Aurora build, which means you have to use a not fully stable Firefox version for having your own unsigned extensions running.

How stupid is that.

It's a compile time option. You can build your own firefox without it or you can use one of the unbranded builds they'll provide at that time.

Not even Gentoo users are building their browsers.

Still i have an almost carbon Chrome copy instead of the once fully customizable Firefox 22.

Seeing no reason not to use Qupzilla, Otter Browser or Qutebrowser.

At least that 3 do not pretend to be something which they are not.

I tried otter last year, the gui was strange where the tabs looked as if they were floating and many options were not implemented. Didn't even try testing it further. I'm using qupzilla since the developer is on that shit since at least 5 years and delivers a working product, Sup Forums-x works on it too which is a plus.
I will take a look at the git branch from otter to see how far it has gotten.
I do, everything apart from libreoffice/firefox/chromium builds in seconds. That's partly why I'm using qupzilla that shit finally got competitive some weeks ago.

Was this a shitpost or are you serious

So, can you turn this off?

Cuckzilla firecunt with sjw updates

Building firefox is not really that bad. I built firefox in a VM with 1 core and probably 1GB(if not less) allocated to it and I believe it took around 45 minutes or so. It's slow but considering firefox is among the heaviest applications codewise it's probably not bad at all.

Still without Chrome's ever-increasing market share Mozilla wouldn't have bothered to at least try to implement multi-process tabs.

They only try to get all Chrome users on board. Mozilla is trying to be like Chrome because they want to defeat Chrome for personal revenge of being abused.

For this they sacrifice their old origin user base.

I do, but currently gentoo doesn't have an option to allow unsigned extensions

Serious of course idiot. Wanting speed and switching Flags are not making you to a power user. But to completely changing the aspects of the whole browser does indeed make you into one.

>chrome://flags
does exactly jack shit

tomshardware.com/reviews/chrome-27-firefox-21-opera-next,3534-12.html

>tfw when toms hardware proclaimed ff22 2013's best browser
>tfw this was 13 years ago

Even the most retarded special person with special needs can switch some lame switches or value speed.

But to write CSS UI modifications or relocate all UI elements and color UI elements or create real themes needs something like skill and something like a brain.

>It is terrible compared to the superior Google Chrome

Too bad everything else about Chrome is infinitely worse.

Then firefox is terrible compared to infinitely worse.