With all the GTX 1080 being released from various makers, which is the best one?

With all the GTX 1080 being released from various makers, which is the best one?

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/60496/custom-geforce-gtx-1080-roundup
hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility
youtube.com/watch?v=22ePLtROm6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Will buy the MSI Sea Hawk hybrid, this user is never going to have thermal issues again (currently running CF7970, it's a thermal disaster)

polaris

Poo

zotac, so far. kek

No one knows because they haven't been tested. That's why you wait for le tech website to review the product before handing over your money to the Jew.

videocardz.com/60496/custom-geforce-gtx-1080-roundup

No need to cus

Wait for the reviews. I'll probably end up getting EVGA though, since my last 3 cards were from them and I've never had a problem.

IN

evga usually makes the best, but they are also most expensive. Asus sometimes makes really custom component cards, which performs really well as well.

AMD

you have autism

i like the look of the backplate on the zotac

Why do different companies sell the same card. Are they all owned by nvidia

hardocp.com/article/2016/05/27/from_ati_to_amd_back_journey_in_futility

>In the simplest terms AMD has created a product that runs hotter and slower than its competition's new architecture by a potentially significant margin.

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES EVERYWHERE

Save yourself some grief and spend a few more shekels for evga.

Here is the hierarchy of quality:
>Nvidia / Intel / AMD
>Asus
>EVGA / Sapphire
>MSI
>Gigabyte
>PNY
>Hitachi
>Destitute-Tier
>Zotac

Absolutely wrong.

Please cite sources for returns, doas, etc.

Asus, just a gamer meme.

Source: His gaping anus.

>4GB means 3.5+5GB

i'll decide when i see some prices

Ill be getting asus simply cuz their service center is 15 mins drive from my house

Normally I'd get the evga one, but since their 1080 one has one power connector I'll probably go with asus. Plus, they have a fat cooler so I bet it will OC nicely.

1080 hybrid when?

Best warranty/overall: EVGA
Best OC/PCB design: Gigabyte (Unless you buy Classified cards)
Best cooling: Inno3d

Msi already has a hybrid. Also you don't need 2 power connectors to OC a 1080. You can hit 2080mhz easy.

>asus on top
Belongs on same level as Gigabyte if Nvidia. Destitute-tier if AMD.

And if I want 2500?

FTW has 2 power connectors.

They are all worthless because they are selling for ridiculous prices. Not a single one is selling for the MSRP Nvidia claimed. Temperatures, OC clocks of the reference model and prices of non-reference models were basically lies.

muh leds

made this. can anyone find reliable sources for prices on zotac and msi?

I can't imagine they'd need a whole new power connector just for the LEDs.

Woah 8.5 GB neat

>HardOCP was not invited to this weekend’s launch in Macau as AMD PR has made a decision to no longer brief this site with the rest of the industry

That's a weird move considering HardOCP owner fucking hates Intel and NV

The AMD cards must really be shit

you're a noob if you think thats what i meant

But why....
The new FETs use less power and the power reqs LITERALLY dropped 100W.

The max 100% load of current Gen Pascals is 185W, a standard PCI 8pin is rated at 150W, safely peaking for 200W.

What's the logic of having 2 other than snake oiling "more power!!"

I was mostly mocking you.

janky ass OEM coolers

HardOCP is still buttblasted they didn't get Nano samples.

AMD/Ati ignores that cancer because they are nvidia/intel shills.

Every time AMD denies them something, they write one of those "this was not written because AMD denied us something" articles.

Tippidy toppedy kekkedy.

overclocking has already been shown to be limited by the single plug ya dingus

Only rigged Internet tests say I have autism though.

Out of all the GTX 1080s the most we've seen is from the

EVGA GTX1080 SC ACX 3.0

youtube.com/watch?v=22ePLtROm6I

Also from the EVGA stream that was on last night and will be tonight. (also doing a giveaway at 2k viewers)
twitch(com)tv/teamevga

Things I've notced after watching hours of game play on the card is.

Heat is around 81 degrees
Memory Clock is usually around 5.1k
FPS was 100+ at 1080p

The biggest thing I saw that gave me some concern is that Tomb Raider was using 7.3k ram at 1080p and it only has 8k MBs

The TI will have 16k, it might just be worth it to wait for a TI

This piece of shit card is thermal throttling at the rates it comes stock, no aftermarket air cooler in the world is going to make it clock even higher than that without melting through your case.

Well sure, then i guess you need 2 connectors. You also need a custom water loop. Congrats on your top 0.1% benchmark for single card.

nah just wait

its already been done lmao

>jayztwocents meme e-celeb
>overclocking by beta utility
>"the temps aren't as high, yup definitely power throttling"

The 8pin can push out more than what the bios allows, literally fixable.

That said, thermal throttling is not a 1 to 1 relation to temperature, either you hit thermal threshold or not..

impressive, shame very few games will be as well optimized as Doom, and playing at 1080p with this card is dumb
name of the card is unfortunate

you are mad at facts

think about that for a moment

>That said, thermal throttling is not a 1 to 1 relation to temperature, either you hit thermal threshold or not..

what

If temperature_read > temperature_limit throttle.shit()

There is no system that throttles higher as temps get higher. It's either throttling to cool itself, or not throttling at all. A mechanism that allows a system to heat up more pass the spec limit is not a good safety mechanism.

Think about it like this: If a fire gets too big, activate extinguisher. If the fire gets bigger, then start 2nd level counter measures. Increasing measures proportional to the fire over time is inefficient since you shouldn't expect the fire to get bigger when the measure is triggered

Why is playing at 1080p with this card dumb? Especially if you play at 144hz and you enjoy stable framerates it sounds like the only wise choice.