Is the Hyper 212 Evo still the best inexpensive CPU cooler?

Is the Hyper 212 Evo still the best inexpensive CPU cooler?

It never was.

It's a giant grated block with copper heat pipes. It's good.

If you plan on overclocking your CPU you should really get something better. Locked CPUs are fine with stock cooler so I'm not really sure what the market for this is, especially nowadays when there are so many options out there.

Yes, it is and always was.

if you dont mind the noise

What are the other options?

Since then, a couple of other manufacturers have come up with their own designs to match it. It's still good, if you can find a decent price for it, but I got mine for 20CAD and now I see them for 40CAD, so choose carefully.

A couple of quick searches show that the Deepcool Gammaxx 400, be quiet! Pure Rock, and Hyper 212 Evo all retail around the same price and all perform similarly.

cryorig h7

This
Cryorig are the best low cost coolers now, even the $20 90mm ones are more effective and quieter than 212.

nah I used that cooler on my 4690k at 4.5ghz and it runs at 48C on 23% load. Maxes at 65C

amd wraith is better

cryorig h5 is better imo

>Locked CPUs are fine with stock cooler

The fan on my stock i5 6500 cooler is fucking loud and whiny sounding. I hate that god damned thing so much.

There's new 212, might be better than EVO. All in all I'm happy with my EVO, only complaint is that it's tall as fuck, couldn't find in my last shitbox, and new one barely closes

This, it's been outperformed by a new budget king

can you oil those?

dunno but i smoke a lot of oil

Noctua D15 best cooler of all time

You gotta turn the fan down manually, it idles at a ludicrous speed. At 20% RPM it's almost silent and CPU is only 3 degrees warmer.

I don't know why Noctua insists on those ugly fan colors.

God damn, and I thought the $60 u12 was pushing it

yes

/thread

Because no one can see those iconic colors in a closed computer case? Or, are you a dweeb that has a huge cut out window?

*Spoiler* I use a Noctua cpu cooler, with a window on my case :)

it's their tramp stamp so when people post pictures of their "build", they get advertised

they're middling quality fans for their cfm and db levels
they make a good chunk of metal but the fans are poor

It's good for the price, OP.
Ignore every answer that isnt a concise "yes" or "no"

What noise?

>Ignore every answer that isnt a concise "yes" or "no"
Including yours

I just replaced mine with a Phanteks.

The build quality is much nicer, you get two fans, and you only pay a 20 dollar premium over the evo for it.

The cryorig h7 works way better and only costs a few dollars more. It is also one of the prettiest cpu air coolers i have ever seen.

Not OP, but I'm gonna give this one a shot, thanks. Looks way less obnoxious than the evo

i got it to replace some shitty tower cooler with a 90mm fan i had on my q6600 and then on my 4690k now it's oced @ 4.5 with 2 noctua fans with reasonable temps.

it's a good cooler for the price. If i had the money i'd get the nh-c14 to cool the vrm as well but hey , it werks so i can't complain.