ZTE to release and Android phone with 6GB of ram

ZTE to release and Android phone with 6GB of ram.

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2016/05/26/zte-axon-7-release-date-specs-announced/
dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/chart1
jcmit.com/memoryprice.htm
systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/battlefield-1942/10030
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyepatch#Use_for_adaptation_to_dark
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are also two memory configurations, a 64GB model with 4GB of RAM and a 128GB version with a whopping 6GB of RAM.

bgr.com/2016/05/26/zte-axon-7-release-date-specs-announced/

>6gb ram
>still lags
kek

Along with lenovo, letv, vivo...

Nobody gives a shit.
>put 64GB in weak computer
>it lags
xD

Thank God for Chinese and budget phones, this will force premium phones to catch up. I mean note 6 will also have 6gb of ram does that mean the iPhone will have more ram aswell?

>$500
>BUDGET

Honestly it could use 4GB. I'm sick to fucking death of the web browser (even when you use a "third party" browser for as much difference as there is) constantly offloading pages I looked at literally 30 seconds ago because the phone only has 2GB of RAM.

Android stopped lagging ages ago. This is a TECHNOLOGY board, wow

That's the browser not your ram. Chrome does that even on 4GB+ phones.

Gonna consider buying this.
It will be very good for classical music thanks to its quality soundchip.

Also very sturdy build quality at the price of more weight.

why the fuck would a phone ever need 6gb
mine has 4gb and it literally never lags or runs out of memory

Botnet background processes

Late to the party, Oukitel confirmed their 6GB phone a few months ago, and it's coming out soon.

>ZTE
>T
>E

WHAT THE FUCK EVEN IS OUKITEL
STOP SHILLING UNKNOWN CHINK BRANDS

>unknown
My dad has a k4000 pro and it's tough as fuck.

Also a nice upgrade from his Galaxy ace.

>ZTE SHILLS GETTING MAD

>phone
>more RAM than my PC
>higher resolution than my PC's monitor
Kill me.

#rekt

Stay poor, wagecuck.

>The future is optimization
Nah, fuck it! Right???

>no dual sim
dropped

>6GB RAM in a phone
We're reaching new levels of overkill

>Highlights from the phone’s specs include a 2.2GHz Snapdragon 820 processor, a 5.5-inch AMOLED display with 2K quad HD resolution, a gigantic 3,140 mAh battery with quick charging support (50% in 30 minutes), microSDXC support, dual speakers, a 20-megapixel rear camera, an 8-megapixel front-facing camera, and what ZTE claims to be the fastest fingerprint scanner available.

And it still won't sell.

Wanna know why?

Cause the S7 edge can do VR and all the white bimbos will buy the latest iphone.

A-At least my PC is still faster... probably... for now...

>ZTE to release and Android phone with 6GB of ram

ZTE offers bigger numbers for marketing towards the plebs.

I just advise people to purchase iPhones now because fuck this shit.

I love ZTE, they made the Warp Elite which I think is the best budget phone out there if you have sprint coverage where you live. It's less $100 which puts the Moto G to shame.

I recently got one about a month ago and so far I've loved it. My old LG Volt (4.7" screen) feels so fucking tiny now that I've gotten used to a 5.5" screen lol. Battery life is pretty insane, even with heavy use I only charge it every 2 days.

Anyway I think ZTE should stay in the budget sector of things as this is where they most seem to excell. They're the only chinkshit brand you can really trust too.

>I just advise people to purchase iPhones now because fuck this shit.
lol

dumb animu girls poster

>complaining about anime reaction images
>on Sup Forums
u wot m8?

why do android phones have the fingerprint sensor on the back that's fucking stupid

No, it's how iOS manages the memory and determines what to remove and what to keep cached. It'll do it regardless if you're using Safari or Chrome (not that it matters since, again, they use the same engine and everything on iOS).

It's due to the lack of system RAM available that it feels the need to constantly prune anything and everything it can.

1 or 2 more gigabytes of RAM would do wonders for that.

>No, it's how iOS manages the memory and determines what to remove and what to keep cached. It'll do it regardless if you're using Safari or Chrome (not that it matters since, again, they use the same engine and everything on iOS).
Is that why my iphone 6 always kept reloading apps and web pages when I exited them for more than 1 second? Christ, I'm glad I sold my iPhone and get a Sony Z3.

>3140 mAh
>gigantic

the razr maxx, my last phone, had a 3200 mAh battery. in the profile of a razr maxx. all 4.7 inches of screen.

phone designers aren't even trying, they're just simply moving away from their shitty ~2000 mAh batteries of the last few years.

>glorious 6000 mAh battery that never goes dead

and if it does i just pop in another one.

100% screen brightness all the time master race.

and there are people still hoping for non-bloated websites/OS to make a comeback... things will only get worse.

soon we will be walking around with an i7-equivalent and 16gb ram on our pockets just to browse shit-websites.

I would like more ram and other shit because the possibility of running multitasking shit.
But where is the browser that can have tabs open of streaming movies your YouTube long plays while you browse or do your typing and shit?
Also, does this mean that the ps2 and GameCube emulator can be on Android

And I thought the 3 GB of my Z2 would be overkill. For what do you need 6 GB on a PHONE?

yes.

retarded web developers, mainly.

It's a market for making those umc or some small laptop shit. Just need an os that can handle windows vista or Android like emulator.
I'd like to run FL studio with vsts on Android. I'd also like to run ps2 or GameCube games. Maybe I want to have a window open of a streaming movie website while I browse Reddit.

Hello, sir, which subreddits do you usually browse? I like r/Sup Forums the most.

Narwhals and bacon to you, sir.

Wirth's law is one hell of a bitch. People 10 years ago probably thought having more than 1GB of RAM was fucking crazy and that was on a desktop computer.

>100% screen brightness all the time master race.
>not keeping your brightness all thje way down anyway for even better battery life

have zte star II

amazing and cheap as fug phone. i'm surprised chink shit general worships xiaomi and isn't all over ZTE

>6gb ram

iphone dev here. 6gb ram = phone will run out of batter in 2 hours

>People 10 years ago probably thought having more than 1GB of RAM was fucking crazy and that was on a desktop computer
No they didn't.

why the fuck would a computer ever need more than 640k?

>iphone dev here
Get a real job, dumb shit faggot.

Well minimum wage back in 2005 was ~$5/hour and a 1GB stick of DDR2 RAM costs ~$120 during that time. Adjusted for inflation, minimum wage was ~$6/hour and that stick of RAM would have cost about $150.

So I don't think many people had more than 1GB of RAM in their computers back then, maybe not even more than 512MB. Windows XP Home had a minimum requirement of 64MB of RAM and everything was less bloated and games like battlefield 1942 could run on a computer with only 128MB of RAM just fine.

dol.gov/featured/minimum-wage/chart1
jcmit.com/memoryprice.htm
systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/battlefield-1942/10030

You must have grown up with rich parents, that must have been nice.

I grew up with a dad at McDonald's and a mom working part time at a pharmacy.

why the fuck would i do when when fuckhuge replaceable battery?

So how much RAM did your computer have in 2005 user? I didn't even have a computer during that time. All I could remember was a landline phone we all shared and how family bitched about talking too much on it.

>lagrdoid keeps being so shitty and bloated it needs SIX FUCKING GIGABYTES OF RAM
LMAO
M
A
O

1GB. In 2006 it died and we upgraded to a machine with 2GB.

dem pearls of truth.

i remember running xp and 2k on 64 mb of ram just because i could.

my pentium 4 machine had 512 mb. 1GB was baller, kinda like 16GB now.

Answer's in my post
>for even better battery life

>ishitter with 2 gigs of ram and a 1164x643 display or something equally retarded in 2016 being this triggered by ZTE's comeback

Remember this?

It put Steve's toys to shame, and now it's time for round 2.

>not using your phone to 100% all the time for fear of battery death

if i put my shit into deathbed mode i can last a week or two probably. i don't enjoy the eye strain of not being able to see what the fuck i'm doing.

I just don't have a shitty screen. Brightness turned all the way down is perfectly fine.

lol no it's not you mouth breather.

if you only look at it in the dark, maybe.

go outside sometime.

Holy shit I remember that phone. It was christmas and I was debating whether to get the 8gb 3gs or the 2gb blade. I almost bought the iphone after some friends kept shilling it in high school. Got the blade instead and a 16gb microsd card.
>mfw I couldn't help but feel smug when my friends with their shitty 8gb iphones kept crying about how they didn't have enough room for all of their music.

android eclair was a piece of shit though, not gonna deny that.

Most of the time on my phone is spent outside in the sun you mongoloid.

wow, that sounds incredibly useless

sure it is, when you're picking vegetables under your sombrero you beaner.

No he's right. Some phone displays are simply that good. My Warp Elite is still bright enough at 25% brightness to read in the sunlight.

What phone you got senpai? That's one hell of a good phone display if you can still read stuff on it at 0% brightness.

>I have no arguments, I'll just resort to insults
Just admit you lost.

BlackBerry Q10

Who are you?

>AMOLED
Cool, I've heard of similar stories with people using the Samsung S phones with AMOLED displays. Might get a phone with an AMOLED display next.

It's my first AMOLED device, loving the screen. My last phone, the ADP1, was the same way, but that was just TFT

you guys must be kool aid drinkers from the nokia brick days.

less brightness looks like shit no matter how good your screen is.

take your 1440p pc monitor and run it at 25%

why the fuck would you do that? you wouldn't.

no smartphone should be run at 1/4 brightness unless you're in the dark texting with your gf and your're so retarded you own a low capacity battery phone where you can't even swap batteries.

fuck it really is summer already.

Don't worry about it. Today I am just someone having a great time with my Sup Forums pals.

>less brightness looks like shit no matter how good your screen is.
>"I say so without having owned phones with better displays so it must be true"

>take your 1440p pc monitor and run it at 25%
>why the fuck would you do that? you wouldn't.
Depends on display tech used but generally yeah computer monitors look like shit on low brightness.

I'm starting to worry about you user-kun, did you happen to look directly at a flashbang going off or UV radiation welders shield their eyes from? It kinda sounds like you might have damaged eyesight if you need your phone at 100% full brightness to see it during the day (being serious here).

nah, i have great eyesight for being nearsighted, haven't had a new script for a decade so my eyes have plateaued.

years of /p/ tier faggotry, if anything i'm hyper sensitive about light levels.

seriously though, i can't imagine why someone would pay serious money for technology and not use it at it's proper brightness level for proper image viewing. you're on a fucking imageboard for God's sake.

it's like you own a 400 hp car but since 100 hp is fine around the city, you just cut the fuel and act like you're in a civic because it's good enough and you don't need all that torque/hp. instead i'll get my full power and just shut the shit off and idle.

>years of /p/ tier faggotry, if anything i'm hyper sensitive about light levels.
Hmm okay.

>seriously though, i can't imagine why someone would pay serious money for technology and not use it at it's proper brightness level for proper image viewing. you're on a fucking imageboard for God's sake.
>it's like you own a 400 hp car but since 100 hp is fine around the city, you just cut the fuel and act like you're in a civic because it's good enough and you don't need all that torque/hp. instead i'll get my full power and just shut the shit off and idle.
It is possible we have better than average human vision or something. I don't really know but my phone at 25% brightness is somehow good enough to read things and look at pictures in the sunlight. When I do raise the brightness past 25% it starts to look too bright for me especially indoors. Finally anons phone has AMOLED display tech which seems to have better readability in the sunlight according to users online too.

Pretty much you every time I see you on here, but I'm curious about you.
You're very active here.

>whopping
At least try to not be obvious when you shill

I actually own a zte phone myself but even I think a 6gb ram phone is stupid. Not saying I'd ever buy an ishit but phones are already have trouble using 4gb of ram. 6 would just pointless increase the phone's price with no actual benefit.

No, it hasn't. It's gotten worse and worse in certain areas with each iteration, demanding more and more RAM for a modicum of functionality. This is a technology board, faggot, go to leaddit for the butthurt fanboi board.

you're getting into some engineering level of bullshit now.

>25%
>good enough
>read things and look at photos in sunlight
>full proper brightness is 2 stops too bright for my eyes

i have to wonder, do you go the movies and think the theatre film being shown is too bright? if so you may be a mutant that's not a complete retard like most retards on here.

you might have the genetics that need to spread to lesser humans over the next few thousand years.

except if you think things are too bright within reason you're actually a little bit too much night vision for 'normal' daily life and might need to stop down your vision a stop or two.

report back with your night vision specs, i'm interested to know.

He might might spend most of the time indoors. Humans who rarely go outside develop enhanced night vision and sensitivity to bright light sources. This is why pirates wore a patch over their eye: to train one of their eyes to see better in the dark. However as a consequence that eye became sensitive to bright light and pirates kept the patch on most of the time as a result.

thank you 6th grader.

my dick rarely goes in to pussy, therefore when it does go into pussy it's very sensitive!

Aircraft pilots used to use an eye patch, or close one eye to preserve night vision when there was disparity in the light intensity within or outside their aircraft, such as when flying at night over brightly lit cities, so that one eye could look out, and the other would be adjusted for the dim lighting of the cockpit to read unlit instruments and maps.[11] The FAA still recommends, "a pilot should close one eye when using a light to preserve some degree of night vision".[12] Some military pilots have worn a lead-lined or gold-lined eyepatch, to protect against blindness in both eyes, in the event of a nuclear blast or laser weapon attack.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyepatch#Use_for_adaptation_to_dark

4 was standard for desktop 10 years ago.
8 recommended.

>buy a new phone
>2160x3840
>buy a new laptop
>1366x768

Why is this a thing? I haven't owned a laptop in almost 10 years but the fuckers still have shit screens except premium shit.

Because 90% of the users only need it for facebook and email.

If it has worse battery life than the S7, I am gonna drop it from my list.

QHD is a meme and I don't need VR.

FHD is way better for more battery life.

It's easier and cheaper to make a high res screen when it's ~5"

Because it's harder to produce larger panels without dead pixels etc. Also, many laptops use LVDS which is uncapable to deliver FullHD. eDP can do that, but chinese OEMs are unwilling to upgrade their production lines.