What does Sup Forums think of Pale Moon? Is it really faster, more stable, and more secure than Firefox?

What does Sup Forums think of Pale Moon? Is it really faster, more stable, and more secure than Firefox?

No, it's deprecated and obsolete

It is outdated. Outdated = insecure a priory.

it uses significantly less ram and has much less compatibility with websites

i use it for a main browser, but i need to run a secondary browser for things it can't handle

>outdated
explain

>priory

Pointless. Pretty much as everyone has said. It's outdated.

Not really, after Firefox got a 64 bit version it lost it
Only use it if you're afraid of Chrome and think Firefox is about to do something dumb

>Firefox is about to do something dumb
That ship has sailed long ago.

Dunno about that stuff, but it's definitely more comfy.

I haven't used regular FF in several years so i can't speak for its stability or speed, but PM is plenty stable and fast, and typically uses less than 1GB of memory for me. It gets regular security updates too, but given that it's an obscure browser with a very small team it's potentially less secure than any of the major browsers. They do what they can though, and if you browse smartly it's probably more than enough.

It supports uBO, uMatrix, Stylish, and GM, which are all the addons I need (you'll need to use a fork for GM, though). It has support for a lot of other addons but compatability is hit or miss. If you need 1000 addons, it's probably not the browser for you. It also doesn't have complete support for certain features of the modern web, but I rarely if ever find myself needing those features. Perhaps that will become more of an issue in the future, but it doesn't much affect me now.

It works very well for my purposes, and many of my friends' purposes too. It might not work for yours.

Main browser here on multiple machines. Works great no issues at all

if your primary browser requires a secondary browser because it doesnt work properly you doing something wrong.

>faster
Definitely.

>more stable
Yes.

>more secure
If you use uBlock Origin and NoScript, yes.

>faster
no
>more stable
yes
>more secure
insignificantly less so

I switched to comodo icedragon, got tired of pale meme

Interesting

it's called pale meme for a reason

Just use chrome, it fucking works.

Its the old Firefox, which is/was the good Firefox. All new browsers have now shat the bed. Unfortunately new web technology has also shat the bed to match so it doesn't solve everything, but best to be half way back to sanity.

As for the security, serious security problems get fixed. Or features are turned off where fixes are too difficult. user, this is a no-win situation. "Faster, more stable, and more secure" is a ridiculous aim. Just try to escape the botnet and hold on to some scripting and working browse history.

Just another Firefox fork. SeaMonkey and Opera 12 are the only good browsers

SeaMonkey is superior though admittedly both are mostly placebo.

>SeaMonkey is placebo
It's a better Opera 12 replacement and doesn't suffer from the memory issues that Firefox does.