ITT post your case, give one negative about it

ITT post your case, give one negative about it.

Can't use radiators without custom modding.

Other urls found in this thread:

overclock.net/t/1589987/cooling-techniques-in-highly-restrictive-silent-cases-h440-new-edition-review
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139018
demcifilter.com/default.aspx
nzxt.com/products/s340-white
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What kind of modding? If you mean taking off the fan grates, that isn't really a big deal...

FT02b.

No modding required.

Why would you want hot air blowing into your case?

I don't have the guts yet to see how problematic air flow is.

Jesus Christ that's too much work.

and money

The masterrace.

TJ08B-E, metal is too thin. Otherwise it's nice to work in for its size.

Seriously, that's like $500 worth of water cooling.

no fan included

Can't you just use a 120mm AIO on the rear fan grate?

PowerMac G5

Only two 3.5" bays

That brushed aluminium look on gpu is sick

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Pro:

Included 200mm fan
Cable management
Looks good
Quiet

Con:

Said fan is noisy
No glass version
Only 2 3.5" bays

9/10

they made a glass version, both side panels are completely tempered glass.

lia li D600

space is tight as fxxx

had to cut the back to allow airflow from the radiator

no holes in bottom to alow air to the psu (had to cut that aswell

harddrive caddies shittly designed (yep you've guessed i had to mod one of them

took 3 months to arrive

>> sorry i'm off to bed so listed all the negatives in one post :p

Only the atx version, from what I know. I was thinking about get the matx version but acrylic sucks.

Raidmax Hyperion.

Not enough airflow in the back to vent harddrive heat. I had to move one to the mount at the bottom of the main area under the GPU otherwise they run about 42C. Now they are back down to 32C. Bad thing is they didn't think out the spacing for the bottom mount and if you want a fan and an HDD its possible but the cabling for the Hard drive will be extremely tight fit. it slightly pushes up on the connectors. I should probably not do that but oh well.

>>overclock.net/t/1589987/cooling-techniques-in-highly-restrictive-silent-cases-h440-new-edition-review

That card sag tho

Enthoo pro

Very well rounded, but the shipping us garbage, I had to send back my first case because the front panel was completely destroyed, it's a common problem

You forgot one major con about that case
>PSU cover severely impedes airflow on the GPU
They should have gotten rid of that useless removable top radiator mount and added a third PCI slot to give the graphics card more airflow.

But then people would say, "why not add a 4th slot and make it mATX?"

You could probably fit a mATX in there if you do some modding

GPU air-cooling is subpar.

They should just elevate the entire motherboard by the 5mm that the removable radiator mount takes up.
Seriously, whoever came up with that idea should have his arms removed and fleas put into his underwear.
>pull rack out mount the radiator to the rack
>move rack back into position, only to realize that it blocks access to your top CPU waterblock screws
>remove rack and put waterblock in place
>have to put rack back in because the tubing is too short
>can't put it in a quarter of the way without the thng getting in your way again
>remove radiator from rack, leave rack in place, mount waterblock and then attach radiator to rack in its mount
>defeats the purpose of having it removable

Fitting in a 540x180mm rad is literally two cuts with a dremel. The case also comes with adapters that let you fit a 360x120mm rad no problem.
>hot

Air coming into the case is no more than a few degrees above ambient. Even with my CPU, NB/VRMs and GPU water cooled and overclocked intake air was barely even warm.

NZXT Phantom 410

Fantastic case, but the outside plastic parts are impossible to clean effectively because even without being touched they get this weird texture over time.

Have to remove both side panels and the front bezel to clean the front dust filter

Kek
I had to build a case using a bigger version of this The front filter could only be removed by removing the bottom intake filter, any device in the 5.25" bays, and then the entire front panel so you can pull the filter out.
Literal retards at NZXT make you remove your optical drive, fan controller, or whatever else you put in those bays just so you can clean the front filter. And no, vacuuming from the front grill doesn't work very well.

Jeez, its that bad? I was considering the bigger version because I just have a thing for large cases. The front access on the 410 is piss easy, just pull it right off.

Move over plebs, the best case on the market is here. The only possible improvement would be to make the top something like the front, eliminating the need for moduvents.

It's that bad. My client wanted to put a 5.25" bay reservoir for his cooling loop. We couldn't do it because of that because he wanted to keep his front filter on.

I've never cleaned the larger case, but I've owned probably 20 different NZXT cases over the last 10 years. Every few cases has a design choice that just blows my mind from its stupidity.

That's a huge shame, oh well.

Should have included a magnetic dust filter for the top like on the Enthoo Pro M, and an actual metal front panel option.

Not very small for a mITX case.

Anyone ever use a corsair 750d? Considering this case for my first build. Haven't heard any major negatives.

Fractal Arc Midi R2
Only flaw with it is that none of my friends will buy one when they're looking for a build and ask me for advice

I really dont see a reason for a full tower nowadays unless you are running a dual GPU setup.

Enthoo Evolv Atx

Pros:
Aluminum
Cool Desgin
Easy to build in
Cable Managment is a breeze
PSU cover
Doors are easy to take off

Cons:
No windowless option
Mounts(forgot name) where gpu goes are white on a black chassis
Airflow could be better, although not bad

>air 240
~~~pro's~~~
Plenty of room and airflow
Decent cable routing options
6 drive bays
~~~con's~~~
Window is shit quality plastic that looks foggy even when clean
top/bottom fans mount to slots rather than holes, weak

Does anyone ITT own one of these? How is it? I'm thinking of getting it for my Zen build.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139018

Fractal Design Define R4

The only con of this thing is that it's huge.

That's what she said.

Front airflow in it is shit because of that "sound deadened" front panel, and yet if you mount top exhaust/intake fans on it, it completely defeats the purpose of the sound deadening. Window is small as shit and you don't get nearly enough room in the back for effective cable management.
Build quality is also a bit iffy.

I'm not going to do anything really intense with it. Just a midrange Zen CPU and two low power-consumption GPUs (for pci passthrough and optional crossfire).

>give one negative about it

The real Web site is gone, and I don't like that the inside is always cold. fucking spooky.

G4 Quicksilver case.

Some modding required.

I hope you used a broken G4

Why don't the doors open left handed? Is there a reason because it seems like an oversight every fucking manufacturer does.

You can switch the direction on the R5.

Still suckin off the dead tit of old Steve.

not enough filters

BitFenix Prodigy M. came with blue leds for power and hdd indicators, wtf?

I bought some extra to use with my Air 540.

demcifilter.com/default.aspx

They're much higher quality than the OEM ones from Corsair.

DIY n8 white, nice small case. Con: I can't put an optical drive. Supports up to 120mm fans on the top or front of the case. Liquid cooling :p

Bitfenix Phenom M(ini-ITX)
> Solid side panel (air from GPU coolers bounce back inside case)
> White colour experiences discolouration (yellowish marks appear over time)
> Side panels not full secure resulting in a humming noise and the panel vibrates against the case

Decent case for a Mini atx mobo

Corsair Vengeance C70
The adorably Military-ish side panel latches are quite loud sometimes, almost startling. That's probably just an issue with myself, though.

Quick and easy fix.
Buy 3mm-thick 120mm fan gaskets and cut a 120x120mm square of pantyhose. Remove the fan, stick gaskets to the case, and tape/clip the pantyhose over the intake of the fan. Mount fans again over gasket.
Voila, all intakes are filtered and vibration free.
Suck it, Corsair.

Corsair 750D

For the price it should have rubber grommets for an external radiator, instead it has punch out holes which for this price is kinda sad.

Would also like the option for a tempered glass side panel, but it's far too cheap for that.

Does look like a 410 nzxt and is way cheaper also.

Isn't that the DIYPC case that had fan controllers that set themselves on fire?

no, i made sure about this before i actually fucking bought it.

>Can't use radiators without custom modding.
You can remove two of the 18cm bottom fans and mount a 36cm res and rad.

NZXT S340
I wish the bottom had a side window with the light up NZXT logo.

Besides that it's a great case.

Thermal take Level 10 GT snow edition

fans sometime grate against the case making an annoying noise

Lian-Li PC-V33.

I wish the top section had one more exhaust fan mount.

PC-a05

Needed to cut some holes for more ventilation so my 570 didn't cause a house fire, use a different card now.

Put rubber washers between to space the fans out a hair.

are there any "military" cases actually out there? i dont mean aesthetics. i mean thick as fuck metal, durable as hell and meant to last a long time. like east to clean slide in air filters and shit

most cases i see look like thin trash metal fuckboy crap.

Caselabs.

>aluminum
>see through sides

how do you guys deal with the noise from these monster rigs in such crappy cases?

pros
+cheap and strong
+looks good
+wide as fuck
+unique and easy drive installation

cons
+out of place cable holes (makes wiring tough)
+heavy

Overall I like it. It was cheap and looks alright and does what its supposed to do.

>inside is always cold
isnt that good?

CM Storm Stryker

if you want the hard drive bays rotated so the cables are hidden, you have to let the front fans rotate 90 degrees and pull air in through the side, which is less than ideal. Did not think that one through.

I was stupid enough to buy it.
>inb4

>huge
And shockingly heavy.

From what I felt, that case is pretty durable. It does have cutesy military-like gimmicks like the reset button being under a plastic shield and the panel removal latches are like ammo boxes, but out of all of the cases I've handled I would say that this one is pretty good.

What is the small itx case to be soon for 1070/polaris?

Just ordered this. opinions?

nzxt.com/products/s340-white

Pretty good acquisition.

As long as Sup Forums approves

>are there any "military" cases actually out there?

Yes, but they are either actually meant for the military or they are part of the server market. Both are extremely expensive.

Ikea/10, the top fan grill clashes with the aesthetic they're going for. I also hate that they don't make a windowless version.

Corsair Air 240 Mid Tower Micro ATX.
decent case, and looks like a power cube.

I want a window tho

Ncase M1 v2

Some gpus don't fit if they're too tall, a max height of 140mm.
So most the new 1080s won't fit.

And I'm (probably) moving to the a4-sfx, which I wish fit bigger CPU coolers .

That's you, man.

Put in your CPU clip before you put in your mobo, the cutout is useless.

Fractal Design R4.

>The fucking screws to access the PCI slots are sort of recessed under the lip of the case, meaning that you have to screw at an angle.
>The air filters are kind of shitty and annoying to take out and clean

Both of these things have been fixed on the R5. Gotta give it to FD, they put some real thought into their case design. Built like a brick shithouse, and has tons of room/modularity.

>screw at an angle
Only if you have a short blade.

And no, they did not fix it in the R5.
I know this because I pulled a card from one yesterday.

Incidentally, the Fractal Core and Node series do not have this problem.

Still using a Define R2, fan filters are shitty to clean.

Corsair 250d

Zip tie tiedowns are in all the wrong locations.

I think AIOs or custom loop is just the way to go for the Ncase. Don't bother with air.

I'll probably order the Dan A4 but somehow I doubt I'll end up using it. Heat seems to be a bigger issue rather than less of one with each generation.

love it
what mb is that?

about who else uses padding under their cases feet to stop vibration? and what material do you use

the handle could of been made out of metal, apart from that, its pretty rad.

Antec P183

It's too big. Lots of empty space in it. The top vent is a useless dust trap. But it's easy to work with and reasonably quiet.