How's your startup coming along Sup Forums? getting loads of backers I presume?

how's your startup coming along Sup Forums? getting loads of backers I presume?

If I decompile and apk and change a few things like art, package info and some code, can I still sell it on Google play?
Can I call myself a developer or some fancy title at that point? I do have a certificate but no job. I figured I'd start out myself.

Yes but if you are only making minor changes to an existing program don't expect to be able to slap a new coat of paint on it and sell it.

It's just an apk that installs expansion packs for a game app. I took someone else's app that does it and decompiled it to make mine. I make the expansion packs I want to sell..

that's still illegal bro

>he thinks you can sell literal code

jesus not only is that copyright infringement but it makes you a terrible person and I hope your family gets cancer for even thinking of it.

The code I changed or selling custom packs for users? Who's going to look into the code? Does google play check shit?

The apk I decompiled had similar code as the other people who are selling expansion packs. I think they did the same thing.

>The apk I decompiled had similar code as the other people who are selling expansion packs. I think they did the same thing.

doesn't make it any less illegal. There are only so many ways you can write code, and you're allowed to reverse engineer the functionality of software. What you cant do is fucking copypasta someone else's shit and pass it off as your own. The fact that you want to sell this shit makes it even worse.

The expansion packs are of my own. I just used someone else's apk to help install my work to the folder path and make it easier and get a wider market. The content of the app is original.

Reverse engineering copyrighted code is not exactly legal.

Its really a shame, Sup Forums is the ONLY place where I encounter people who have a realistic view on why the US software industry is bad and what needs to be done. But this is an anonymous board so I cant contact anyone. Ive talked to a lot of programmers in Silicon Valley and none of them has the balls to question how tech companies are run, they dont have any inclination to want to improve anything, they are only concerned about secure funding. So since I cant find anyone to work with me I have to go it alone and teach myself web and mobile development.

The thing is I'm not even sure the code is copyrighted.

YOU STILL RIPPED OFF SOMEONE ELSES SHIT.

It doesn't fucking work that way you parasitic cunt. If Microsoft copied the chrome source code and included it in windows as the latest version of IE they couldn't say "its just the browser the rest of the OS is ours".

All code is copyrighted at the moment of creation, just like any other original work.

My buddy met a guy in a coffee shop who mentioned something about "wanting to build a database" for some startup he was dreaming up. Of course, my friend thought of me and passed along the vague language and the dude's contact info. He claimed that he wouldn't go into more detail without a NDA...

I'm not sure whether to contact the dude or not. Sounds sketchy and like it could be more liability than it's worth. Has anyone else had any experiences with vague "idea guys" dreaming of creating a tech startup?

Do it.

If you succeed/ on the advent of success, you murder the fucker so neither he nor his next of kin gets the dough.

why do you think startups have crazy budgets like that

Just email the developer asking nicely.
(While appearing as fresh and silly as possible and not a seasoned developer)

dont bother signing NDA for unknown guy just because he's afraid of you stealing his idea of facebook for goldfish.

more trouble than it's worth. can bite you years later when you'll be working with something barely related.

People who won't share their Ideas are loser who think their shitty idea will make millions.

He's right, even though he can't express himself without anger.

It's mostly in the execution of the idea.
You don't even have to make crazy innovation (of course then, probably = less $), just have some advantage over the alternative.

Don't sign an NDA. Ask him to share the idea without one or bounce.