Debian

Debian:
>ancient packages
>stablest thing known to man
>choose your level of freedom

Fedora:
>packages almost available before they are written
>moderately stable, but at times less stable than arch
>forced to use some non-free software, but you need to use third party repos for other free and non-free software.

both are dumb

these are officially recommended Sup Forums distros:

a) Ubuntu LTS
b) OpenSUSE tumbleweed
c) Arch or Antergos

Fedora. Debian doesnt work.

I use debian because it's comfy. Don't use any other distro because I'm so used to it.

Compare correctly. Like, Debian vs Red Hat, which is better? Ubuntu vs Fedora, which is better?

(Fedora)

fedora end of the story

Fedora is shit...

>official
>no gentoo
that's where you are wrong faggot.

in reality gentoo is a meme OS for Sup Forums. There are real non-meme users of gentoo, but none of them are on Sup Forums.

2daygeek.com/top-things-to-do-after-installing-fedora-23/#
Currently running through this on my Fedora 23 install.

Sup Forums is also a meme, thats why it's the official OS.

Fedora.

Debian needs to have a separate package flow for non-critical programs like ffmpeg, qemu, and libboost.

These packages should be allowed to update faster. Otherwise, I don't mind that Debian kernels are a little older.

I tried Fedora for a bit. I dislike it because dnf wants to update its entire list every time I want to install a package, which is pretty bloody annoying.

>what is Debian testing or unstable

Both shit.

Fedora, with a little bit more stability at the expense of packages like calligra.
Until a new version of stable is released and it becomes a shitshow for like 6-8 months.

Debian, I like package system.

typical fedora user, not even trolling
fedoramagazine.org/john-dulaney-fedora/

I switched to Debian from Fedora a few months ago. I like Debian over Fedora mainly because third party support for fedora is non existent.

Yeah pls kys

did the exact same thing a few must ago, debian testing is good for day-to-day use

You may only post ITT if your distro made it into SPACE MOTHERFUCKER

Debian or bust. Literal Fedoras on suicide watch zdnet.com/article/to-the-space-station-and-beyond-with-linux/

>Specifically, the ISS astronauts will be using computers running Debian 6... Debian 7 has just been released , Debian is nothing if not well-tested and reliable.

This is Fedora's Diversity Advisor.
fedoramagazine.org/maria-leandro-how-do-you-fedora/

I've actually dealt with her before, and she is more than reasonable.
One could argue that it's almost like a token position to keep SJWs busy elsewhere (which we realistically should probably see done in many other places).

NASA use both Debian and RHEL for important shit.

It's sort of like said.

Debian and RHEL/CentOS are in a different targeted purpose to Ubuntu and Fedora.

In a business, government or other serious environment I'd be happy to use either Debian or RedHat based stuff.
In a home environment I'd use Ubuntu or Fedora (probably Fedora in that case, as Ubuntu can be pretty wacky at times).

For my laptop: Fedora
Packages are very up-to-date and the default settings are solid and secure. Also selinux by default.

For servers: Debian or RHEL