/memesonic/

>seasonic is the most trusted and reputable brand
>its the only brand you can buy off name alone and know its going to just werk

>brand new expensive S12II
>turning off for no reason even in bios in less than a year of build
>entirely clocked build
>temps in the case are 30C under load

>cheap $20 EVGA stabilizes build immediately

>google search the S12II and find out on hardwaresecrets review which took apart the units that it doesnt use solid caps and isnt a single rail, both stated on S12II promo art and boxes

tell me again while jewsonic should be blindly trusted and shilled across every hardware forum?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3J4WsZ_gfTk
ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-ax760
amazon.com/EVGA-Continuous-Warranty-Supply-100-W1-0430-KR/dp/B00H33SDR4
jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=356
youtube.com/watch?v=gxRNRD9CpHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We all like to believe in magic potions, it makes life easier.

TFW when my Seasonic X literally became defect around the end of the warranty.

Now I was still trying to rma it, but

>I can understand that it's an annoying situation but at the same time, we have to keep balance between service and our policy. Also, we need our policy to make everyone equals as some end users have seen their power supplies rejected too for the same reason. This is why, I won't be able to allow your RMA.

I will never buy a single shitty thing from them again. Motherfuckers. I paid 120€ for that shitty power supply...

Meanwhile my 15 year old enermax and over 10 year old bequit which both cost only a fraction of it still run perfect.

>S12II

Because that model is from fucking 2010. Why would you buy something so ancient? PSUs have moved on greatly since then, including Seasonic's.

>i didn't do any research when I bought my "brand new expensive" PSU

I have a seasonic 650w it works fine.

but it clearly says it supports vista right on the box

what more could you need?

Don't a lot of other manufacturers use their parts?

I've had 2 of their primo power supplies fail on me inside of a year after purchase, fuck 'em. So far EVGA has treated me well so I'm gonna keep going with them.

Yeah they suck. Got the same psu, after 3 months started doing clicking noise like in this video youtube.com/watch?v=3J4WsZ_gfTk
crossing fingers the replacement won't have this problem

thats another of their jewish memes

>instead of purchasing their cheapest name-branded series of PSUs (theres a bunch of cheap "SS" series model numbers that dont come with a fucking power cord)

>purchase their newest series instead!

>$triple digit white colored memes

considering we have to pay to ship back RMA's im not entirely even caring at this point, especially finding out the capacitors arent even the so called "no brainer top of the line, memesonic uses solid nip caps in everything :^) "

i bought the $20 EVGA 430w on amazon, ill wait to see how that holds up

also fuck my fingers removing that 24pin connector

I have a S12-II 520W and it's been fucking perfect for the 2 years I've had it

take your anecdotal shit and fuck off

Are there any non-meme psu companies?

As opposed to your anecdotal shit?

You probably got sold an RMA'd unit or some knockoff and you're basing your opinion about an entire company on one experience that contrasts with the millions out there

Yeah their units are awful. Had two of them fail on me within a year. The customer service was also abysmal.

I only buy corsair non seasonic units now. Corsair will send you a new unit in advance if you're willing to let them place a temp hold on your card.

Sorry Corsair shill, not buying your cheap CWT-built trash with cheap chink caps. Better luck next time!

So is this a horrible choice for a PSU?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-power-supply-ax760

Fuck off Walter maybe if you stopped browsing Sup Forums the rmas wouldn't take 2 weeks to process.

>thinks im samefag
>ignores actual reviews where they took apart the unit and look at the cheap shit components they used

EVGA

Best PSU ever. Has LEDs and also Gaymer in the name. /thread

seasonic rebrands :^)

stop buying based on brand and buy based on the models instead because all brands have shit in their lineups.

FSP Group or Superflower

you mean like the dope supernova line which is built by seasonic?

They're probably the non-shit ones. And they seem to have better warranty.

be quiet!

I fear the same might be true for Noctua fans and Samsung SSDs.

Not really. Noctua support is exceptionally good. They send me a free intel mounting kit for my shit-old cooler for free. Also all the fans I have from noctua still run great.

Only not so great thing is their fans often need a high starting voltage. But otherwise quality and support is really good.

This whole thread is anecdotal shit. The PSU I currently use I got close to 8 years ago now.
Never a hiccup.
The brand happens to be named in this thread, but back then I picked this one because of its high quality. Pretty decent investment, I'd say since it's still working great.

I like how OP purchases a $20 PSU instead of finally basing purchases off of reviews.

if youre actually wondering, I really like the Sandisk ultra pro series of SSDs, its pretty fast and cheap

>without reviews

amazon.com/EVGA-Continuous-Warranty-Supply-100-W1-0430-KR/dp/B00H33SDR4

i blindly purchased an S12II because of the widespread meme

this is the first PSU i purchased based on high reviews, and also cheap on pcpartpicker

>Samsung SSDs
People recommend Samsung SSDs for their speed, not for anything else. The 840 had and still has firmware problems, since 2016 you need to send them detailed info about the computer you use it on, in order to get firmware updates.

Intel was the reliability brand for SSDs.
Crucial was for underdog and price.
Samsung was for speed.

yeah they're good, rest of antec is shit tho.

except it's not fucking anecdotal when people have opened the units and identified the components and stress-tested and measured everything

>hardwaresecrets review which took apart the units that it doesnt use solid cap
>jonnyguru.com

>People recommend Samsung SSDs for their speed, not for anything else
wrong

samsung were not too far behind intel in reliability until they pulled that bait and switch shit.

>implying most online reviews aren’t writen by paid shills, including those on Sup Forums.

>mfw 10 yo deluxe psu and still going strong

just get a Sirtec they are durable and cost less

>using the online seller reviews instead of real hardware review websites which take the units apart and test them

>since 2016 you need to send them detailed info about the computer you use it on, in order to get firmware updates.

Wait, what? What for?

>>cheap $20 EVGA stabilizes build immediately
That's all you provided, OP. Price and brand.
It's $30 though.

Are you going to be sending the Seasonic back for repairs? It's got a 5 year warranty. You can always sell it afterwards.

jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story6&reid=356

???

>The 840 had and still has firmware problem
You are talking about the Evo.

The 840 pro has no problems and was confirmed as the most reliable SSD some time ago in a long-time test.

i bought a highly rated non-solid capacitor PSU for $60 less than the blindly purchased non-solid capacitor Seasonic

thats all i cared about, finding out the issue wasnt mobo related and wasnt RAM related since i changed out another new set and issues still happened.

only part in the case without solid caps was the S12II and since i cant open it without losing RMA but i can see the ones on the mobo, and the fact replacing it fixed the issues makes it an easy solution.

EULA change in May 2016.
It's pretty clear about it at least.

waiting on RMA response

but if it does ill just keep it for a safety net now that i have 2 PSU's

why do they need to collect data tho?

youtube.com/watch?v=gxRNRD9CpHA

I watched a few of this guy's videos on power supply teardowns. Apparently there's a lot of things concerning quality as well as safety.
He is quite boring to watch though.

My bad.

I doubt there are any really good PSU manufacturers left. Corsair is shit, Seasonic used to be good, is now shit, Antec is now shit, OCZ is so shit they're ultra shit.

only one of the brands you mentioned is an actual manufacturer...

That's sort of my point, it's all just rehashed shit.

yeah i bet that was your point, not you being a retard and not knowing almost everyone rebrands one of the 5 actual manufacturers... sure buddy

Literally in this thread above it is already mentioned.

Go back to le reddit kid

why would you list non-manufacturers as manufacturers if you actually knew what you were talking about?

>oh shit i look like a retard, ill call him a leddittor that'll show him!

le reddit here xD

I don't see a list of manufacturers in their post. Are you just upset about something?

>I doubt there are any really good PSU manufacturers left. Corsair is shit, Seasonic used to be good, is now shit, Antec is now shit, OCZ is so shit they're ultra shit.

delta
flextronics

any server grade psu oems are decent

nope my evga is superflower
>tfw you get a evga 750watt platinum psu for the price of a seasonic 650 gold psu

Have had no problems with my cooler master V1000. I've also built quite a few PCs for people using the EVGA 650G2 and haven't heard complaints. Maybe you just got a bum unit OP. Defective products from the factory occur in every brand.

>less than a year
Most Seasonic units, including S12, have a 5 year warranty OP. What's the problem? They'll probably even give you an upgraded model.

the problem is the fact ive already ordered a PSU and had it shipped from amazon and they're still waiting to respond to my fucking RMA

plus i doubt they'd ship one out ahead of time since i have to pay to ship it to them and then after they look at it, if they dont see any issue they'll just ship it back and charge me for that too

shipping will be atleast $5 both ways probably more which is creeping up towards the total cost to get the replacement PSU

I gave the same model to my bro as a NY present, he has it for 4 years now, works fine

you tried to return it after the date your warranty expires, what did you expect?

>Seasonic S12II Bronze 520 W is an excellent power supply. It passed with flying colors in our tests: efficiency between 82.4% and 86.5%, voltages closer to their nominal voltages than required (3% voltage regulation instead of the standard 5%) and ultra-low noise and ripple levels. Plus we could pull up to 588 W from it with efficiency still at 81.7%.
???