Install brand new Ubuntu distro

>install brand new Ubuntu distro
>doesn't recognize 8 year old LAN card

Is this shit for real? Year of the Linux desktop never.

Fo real, bruv?!!?!?! Just reinstall windows.

Why does Ubuntu recognize all the hardware on my 12 year old PC?

Luckily I don't have to. It's not my machine.

Because it's garbage, that's why.

It's garbage because it works?

Not having network drivers is usually a windows problem.

Stop using realtek chips.

It's garbage because it doesn't work.

you spelled broadcom wrong

Nice Broadcom card you got there sonny.

Rekt

Realtek works fine.
Broadcom is the devil

Not that poster, but I had all sorts of trouble with some realtek cards, I needed to include the drivers on the usb while I installed debian on my last desktop.

inb4
>DEBIAN
>THERES UR PROBLEM user!!1

so buy a new pci lan card, they are like 10 bucks new.

W10 ( not even 7) runs best/fastest on a 9 or so year old asus z53s laptop here. Tried everything else, no arch/debian based distro even with the lightest DE could competete.

It's the manufactures responsibility to release drivers and firmware for the hardware to work on linux.

Windows undoubtedly has *the worst* experience when it comes to setting up network drivers.

If your card isn't working out of the box on Linux (I've installed Linux on around 60 computers and only to manually install *any* driver of any sort twice), just smash that motherfucking lspci -a button, get your model number, apt-get, and you're good to go.

If you're using PajeetOS, have fun noodling around online looking for what card the computer has and then trying to find the right driver for it because the vendor doesn't supply one on their site any more.

>just smash that motherfucking lspci -a button, get your model number, apt-get, and you're good to go.

>internet doesn't work
>just download drivers over the internet

BRILLIANT.WEBM

What is ethernet

>8 year old

Stop using legacy hardware.

Outdated. 802.11ac is already faster than 10/100/1000 ethernet.

>what is Ethernet
>what is dpkg -i

Consider suicide, you fucking mongoloid.

>Faster then gigabit speeds

Yeah right put a 802.11ac radio in the middle of the city and you won't even get 1/3rd of the speed not even talking about the walls and how they dampen the signal hard

But it IS ethernet.

>Install brand new Ubuntu distro
>recognizes my 13 year old wireless card

At what point did you realize GNU/Linux has more built in drivers than Windows, and still takes up less space?

Ubuntu recognized my 8 year old LAN card just fine. Seems like you're the idiot who installed a system without even checking if the card has drivers available.

Git gud and stop blaming Ubuntu for your failures.

AUUUGH INSTALL GANTOO

It's probably because it didn't have it enabled in the kernel, that or no free driver replacement was written because it's proprietary and the company spits in the face of freedom.

so you tell me you just ignored the checkbox and prompt that says you need to have a working internet connection for the best installation experience? gj mate.

sounds like your problem fuck you