Dan case A4 sfx

It's finally ready to be crowdfunded:
kickstarter.com/projects/33753221/dan-cases-a4-sfx-the-worlds-smallest-gaming-tower/description

Other urls found in this thread:

zaber.com.pl/sentry/
lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pt-jt03/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112339
amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Storage-STDR2000100/dp/B00FRHTSK4
hardforum.com/threads/dan-a4-sfx-the-smallest-gaming-case-in-the-world.1799326/page-120#post-1042319540
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thinking about buying one, if i don't like it I can flip it with quite a markup

>230 euro for 1.3kg of aluminum
People are truly retarded

>$330 CDN for a mini-ITX case

fuck this shit

>yfw the pci-e riser card is 1/3 of the pricetag
this fucking guy

TOASTY TEMPS
LOTS OF HEAT

toasty temps and there's lots of heat

the silverstone SG13 is $40 and supports a full-sized PSU and GPU

Haha what the fuck, $250 for this thing? My FT02 was less than that and the materials in it could make 5 of these. Even my ML08 was like $80.

I looked up the price of the riser card he used and it costs over $80, or 1/3 of the price (converted to USD), so believe it or not his claim is actually legit.
This leaves $170 for the case, and seeing as it's Lian-Li, it would probably be around $90 from them. This leaves him to earn $80 per case, but there is also shipping costs and 18% VAT to consider, so he's probably only making $50 off each unit.
Not that lucrative of a markup IMO.

Oh, and I forgot about the cut Shitstarter take for themselves, as well as PayPal or whatever system he's using. He'll be lucky to make $50,000 if he sells out, which isn't a lot of money for the amount of time and effort needed to design and market a product.

why the fuck would I want a case named "dan"

Who gives a fuck? Most cases are called shit like Black Phantom Storm Obliterater XXL and no one bats an eye.

It's 250 euro with shipping.

And you don't have to use the 3m riser, there are cheaper ones that also work just as good(not the really cheap shit)

>not waiting for this
zaber.com.pl/sentry/

>it's small
>it barely uses as much components as a fractal define r5 for $90
>"ok, let's make it $230 guys"

>230€

HahahahahahahHBababBBbBBBHahaahhaahah

Low volume manufacturing is expensive.

this
I learned to weld and bought a fucking welder for the price of these insane cases and make my own now. even though they're ugly at least they're better htan these pieces of shit

Indeed, I'm surprised they've settled on only 1500 units, as almost half of the cases have already been reserved.

Get a hadron, nigga

How autistic do you have to be to care about the name of a case?

bad business plan
the idiot should have aimed for more

Wait is this that case someone posted here and asked how we wanted it designed?
(He kept using wood-texture in the pictures)

welp.

i'll wait till 2017 for a full fleshed amd mitx pc.

maybe then some company adopts their blueprints and we get one for half the price

>welding aluminum
Unless you've got a good gas metal arc welder (not cheap) I doubt you could do a good job

jesus christ Dan

Unless you have years of experience on welding aluminum, it's going to look like shit.

Muh
dick

>if i don't like it I can flip it with quite a markup

I was thinking about that too but are people really willing to pay that much more? Seems ridiculously expensive as it is and given they made the goal there's going to be more made.

>I looked up the price of the riser card he used and it costs over $80

That's if you buy one. If you buy in bulk like he's doing it's closer to $50

Honestly I just don't see this being worth it for the price over the Ncase or if you really want something smaller I'd just wait for builds like pic related to be more feasible. I mean technically it already is, this build is running a 4670k and a 970 but you won't get any OC out of it and flagships like the 1080 are out of the question.

yeah, but keep in mind if it enters mass production it's going to be months after the kickstarter backers receive theirs. You could definitely get some cash out of impatient idiots who missed the kickstarter

The Kickstarter also isn't shipping to a bunch of countries.

very possibly yes, it's a german multiple forum lurker. wouldn't wonder me if he also went to Sup Forums?

>B-but muh fractal design

Someone from the Ncase team also posts here from time to time.

So how long before Jonsbo makes a clone for 1/4th the price

Imo, the a4 sfx looks better than this, I could just get a rvz02 if I wanted something similar to this

What are these locks called, and how do they work?
I'm actually designing a case for an eGPU and these look interesting to experiment with.

RVZ02 is almost twice the size

liaan li

Apparently Lian Li calls them jointers

lian-li.com/en/dt_portfolio/pt-jt03/

Newegg description says hinge pin. It just pops in. Feels so good too. Makes you wonder why you ever bothered with screws for side panels.

Have them on my Ncase and Lian Li Q25b
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112339

>single USB port

Fuck off

The Cerberus by Kimera looks way better than this shit. Pic related.

Same with the Ncase m1 or whatever it's called.

>suitcase pc

The newer model doesn't have the handle

>gaming tower
>fits literally jack shit

It really fucking isn't. Are redditors this gullible?

The fractal node 202 also has a reiser card thing and still only costs 1/3 of that...

$56k after 30 days and the Dan A4 is almost 230k in just hours. What went wrong?

The handle was always optional. You had to pay an extra $60 or whatever for it.

>US made
the people backing these are all trannies and cucks from reddit, they hate america and want it to fail.

China is communist paradise, reddit is all about that shit.

Honestly I have no idea. The Kimera straight up looks better and seems like it has more configuration options. Micro atx is much better than mini itx too.

Maybe it's just luck or the creators weren't redditors.

Wtf for $200+ you can get case+psu.....

Lian Li is Taiwanese, not shitty main land. Also where the hell do you think your components are made?

ftz01 also uses a raiser and an all aluminum body yet they can offer it for ~$100.

>chinese japanese taiwanese
fucking weaboo no one gives a fuck about your fetish waifu rice monkeys

one was going to be made in the us and the other in ding dong land. go back to rebbit and tell them about how much you love sucking cock and masturbating to anime girls in the cuckshed

jesus fucking kriste

>Taiwanese
So Chinese.

Flat cases are a design which require a simple right-angle adapter, since it doesn't matter which way the GPU exhaust is facing. In the Dan case the GPU and CPU need to face the vents on either side, so the riser is actually a fairly long group of ribbon cables. You can't really afford to go too cheap with this extension, or run the risk of interfering with data transfer in some way.

>failings of the Sup Forums psychology in action

Actually he's making us pay Shipping.

I just Ordered one.

The thing I can justify is waiting until December to get one.

That would mean buying another case in the meantime for me, so I may as well just get another case I am happy with.

For me, this is the beginning of a long project. First the case, then the Power Supply, then the SSD(s), then the graphics card, then hopefully, Zen, and so on ...

I've already got a 980 Ti/4790k entire build. This will be the beginning of my 2018 Build.

I don't think that's a picture of a SG13

You're right, it's the SG10.

Is this a joke?

>can't fit a 3.5 HDD
had me until I noticed this.

What do you need a 3.5" HDD for? There are 2TB SSDs and it can hold 3 of them.

I'm sorry, poorfags shouldn't be even looking at mITX.

>backups

Set up a NAS and stick it in a closet.

Transparent af

>2TB SSD
No thanks. Rather use a HDD for that much storage.

There are 2TB laptop HDD and even 4TB laptop HDD.

What're you gonna do when they stop selling HDDs in 5 years bucko?

This is also very true.

I already have my mITX set up, but I have a 3.5 for it.

Not him but there's cheap Samsung 2TB drives. You just have to break one of these open. Go on sale for $60-$70 sometimes.

amazon.com/Seagate-Portable-External-Storage-STDR2000100/dp/B00FRHTSK4

I have like 10 of them. Two of them in my Ncase with a 1TB SSD. If you need 7200rpm then Hitachi makes some good ones in 1TB.

>stop
Nigga, they still make and develop tape storage.

Laptop HDDs are slow as shit tho.

Anything that needs to be run fast can be put on the SSD. If the HDD is used for video and music only, you can't tell the difference if they run at 50MB/s or 150MB/s.

You can tell by the access times tho.

Access times are only apparent when randomly accessing many small files, not sequentially accessing large files like videos and music.

>randomly accessing many small files, not sequentially accessing large files like videos and music.
music is many small files

you might get lucky and have an entire album/playlist 100% contiguous on the drive

but you might get unlucky and be seeking across 10,000 different 2-3mb files for each track

Trash

It says on kickstarter that dan case supports 980ti. What about 1080? I havent been following latest nvidia/amd cuckery, has the specs (and dimensions) been released for 1080?

Guys don't buy this. The CPU cooler you can fit is not powerful enough for any kind of OC.

Reference cards are rarely a problem for most cases, and that's true here as well. Here's a compatibility list for non-reference cards though: hardforum.com/threads/dan-a4-sfx-the-smallest-gaming-case-in-the-world.1799326/page-120#post-1042319540

You don't buy a 7 liter case for overclocking.

Wanna bet the majority of the builds with this case will be with K processors?

That's entirely possible. They'll be in for a rude awakening if they try to push the thermal limits in this case, though.

They'll be in for a rude awakening. That case is fit for S or T CPUs.

>fit for S or T CPUs.
>marketed as a gaming case

I dont even game, if campaign is successful Ill probably sell it on ebay

Seriously though it reminds me of this case

And the consensus was that there wasn't enough airflow for top of the line parts, which in turn was because it was too cramped.

Gaming doesn't exactly have to mean "best of everything" though. You can play games with settings cranked all the way on a 4690S and a GTX1070.

Honestly though IMO, having tiny ITX cases is just a meme. There's no need for it, you pay a premium for ITX motherboards, and you also pay more to work around the confined space. I do say "tiny" ITX cases though, there are bigger ITX cases like the Enthoo where you don't really make huge sacrifices.

I bought a 6700k and I'm going to use this case. But I know over clocking will never be an option or plausible. But their is the Cryorig C7, a CPU cooler that this case supports and can cool up to a CPU with a 100TDP at stable temps with full load.

What I'm saying is, a normal stock speed 6700k will work with this case if you get that cooler and maybe underclock it if needed to. It'll be funny seeing the idiots who think they can do it though.

Be careful with that. That probably assumes no restriction on the fan's intake, but in the A4 it will be right up against the side panel vent holes. The C7 uses a slim fan, and those don't have the static pressure of a full thickness fan, so it's going to be even more impacted by restriction. Throw fan filters into the equation and you can pretty much forget about it performing well.

I like my cooler master 130, tho i want something shorter.

Oh yeah? Can just run down to microcenter and buy me some I guess.

Faggot.

>what is airflow

as seen here, the case is unrivalved (for the moment)

But christ man.. 400 AUD for a fucking compact case and riser.. thats the price of a new gtx 980 nowdays

I have one. Its pretty cool. You can also put a H60/80 in it with a full sized GPU.

been buying itx since 2010, everytime i see my pc fills me with joy. If i woke up to a 50L tower case i would feel like a 8 year old when hes mummy bought him a ultra rad gaming hot wheels machine for hes birthday

Yeah... no. I'd totally just buy whatever mini fractal design case for $100 instead.