Sqt simple/stupid questions thread

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Post all your small and stupid questions that doesn't deserve their own thread.
Redirect any retard to this thread using Previous thread : Don't be a retard, read the sticky, the wiki and search before posting using duckduckgo, google or whatever please you

Other urls found in this thread:

mayhemydg.github.io/archives.json/archives.json
ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-QNIX-QX2710-LED-27-WQHD-2560x1440-Samsung-PLS-PC-Monitor-Glossy-/140934439651?hash=item20d058e2e3:g:Ax8AAOSwEetV91r0
overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-qnix-x-star-1440p-monitor-club#
amazon.com/PB278Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Ergonomic-Back-lit/dp/B009C3M7H0
outpost.mlpg.co/
codepen.io/user/pen/Eyxygx
i.4cdn.org/g/1464554448733.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I need to write subtitles to some videos.
I'm on linux, what can I do? any program to do that?

bump

Reposting from old thread.
What RAM should I use in a 5820 build?
I'm using an X99 mobo.

>Error fetching archive data from >mayhemydg.github.io/archives.json/archives.json Connection Error

I can open that page just fine though.

Whats a good program (for win7) that finds and updates/downloads all of my needed drivers?

Sandia or piezo bellows-style cooling when?

Has anyone gotten a Windows key from kingpin to work? Is it worth a shot?

DDR4 my dude

Is it enough to bind ports from my server to enable i2p on my machine in order to use Anonymous Mode in qbittorrent, or do the trackers have to be proxies as well, meaning no clearnet torrents will work?

I copied a code example form google's machine learning intro video set. I tried to get the libraries with apt-get but dot parser doesnt exist apparently and every internet solution has not helped.

$ python2 iris.py
[0 1 2]
[0 1 2]
Couldn't import dot_parser, loading of dot files will not be possible.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "iris.py", line 29, in
graph = pydot.graph_from_dot_data(dot_data.getvalue())
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pydot.py", line 220, in graph_from_dot_data
return dot_parser.parse_dot_data(data)
NameError: global name 'dot_parser' is not defined

In the market for a new, thin laptop, ultrabook, 2-in-1, whatever for college.

Mostly for taking notes and casual use, got a beast of a rig at home so don't care too much about graphical performance.

Kind of interested in a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 but there've been some reports they're coming out with a Surface Pro 5 with a $999 model that comes with an i7.

Anyone got any laptops they'd recommend?

Yes, but I read somewhere that I can use speeds higher than 2300 or whatever the highest speed Intel says the CPU can read. Should I worry about my computer not working if I try to use 3200 DDR4? Will that work?

According to fast.com I get ~65mbps internet speed on ethernet and ~45mbps internet speed on wifi.
Is such a big difference normal?

I would recommend spending more than $200 on a note taking/facebook machine. Search ebay for a used thinkpad.

If you have 3200mhz ram, then it will work with that ram giving its 2300mhz(or whatever are the limitations on cpu/mobo). Dont worry.

I'd look into some ARM based ultrabook/tablet then.

I want to make a little emulation box to sit next to my TV. Ideally I'd love to be able to play DS games from my couch, but generally I want to be able to play games up to the PSOne era. What do?

What exactly is your question?

Alright, so I'm trying to salvage 2 LG photo screens, like the kind put up in stores used for advertisement. I plan on hooking them up to use as monitors or just to display info.

I have several questions: What kind of cable is this, and what kind of adapter does it need? It comes straight out of the screen's motherboard, and I can provide more info and pictures if needed.

Where should I start when it comes to purchasing or building? Can I get away with a laptop, or should I look into building a box myself?

Acer C910. 15" chromebook with Intel i5. I wouldn't pay more than $250 for it. That's what I'd buy if I needed a mobile system.

Laptops are shit and overpriced. Buy a NUC if you want something fancy, or buy an old Dell Optiplex/HP Prodesk for super cheap on eBay.

Are Chromebooks actually good? They always seemed kinda wonky to me.

For a laptop, and for the price point? Yeah they're good. Super fast boot up, long battery life, no worries about viruses, does everything you need to do when you're mobile.

Worst case scenario if you hate it and no one will buy it from you, you're only out $250. A decent traditional laptop is at least 2.5x that.

Looking to upgrade my mobo to a H97/Z97, I am from the UK.

I've found a Gigabyte Z97-D3H for £57 - is this board any good?

Any suggestions for other cheap mobos?

Guy who soaked his HDD and SDD in his washing machine during a bad trip here, any data recovery team would be able to salvage some of not all the data right? I'd like to add that the HDD fell about at most eight inches and was in the water for over two hours but no more than eight, nine

count the wires.. 40 pin lcd ribbon

I don't see why it would be any different from just building a PC but with cheap parts.

Are the cheapass 2560x1440 A- korean monitors still worth it? And if so, does anybody know if this particular brand can overclock to ~120hz, and if an extra $20 is worth it for a matte instead of glossy screen?

ebay.com/itm/Perfect-Pixel-QNIX-QX2710-LED-27-WQHD-2560x1440-Samsung-PLS-PC-Monitor-Glossy-/140934439651?hash=item20d058e2e3:g:Ax8AAOSwEetV91r0

Thanks for the help lads

SSD is probably completely find once you give it a thorough cleaning/drying.

HDD, I would guess a data recovery company would be able to salvage it, but that's probably $800...

please explain how you 'over clock' a fucking monitor?

It is either capable of a certain frequency or it isn't.

How the fuck do you turn off the focus rectangle on 8.1?
I have no idea how I even turned it on.

They've always been worth it. I wouldn't count on overclock, and matte vs glossy is purely subjective. If you're going to be picky about it, you might try to find someone who has already tested them and wants to sell.

fine*

Read the guide here

overclock.net/t/1384767/official-the-qnix-x-star-1440p-monitor-club#

i am retarded and updated to windows 10.
so far its full with stranges menus made on flash or wathever, its irritating to wait so much just to open a document.

any good guide/tutorial of all the things i dont really need so i can delete them?

also, any good/video music reproductor?

I dont know how to either, but you can raise its refresh rate. Not sure how long the monitor lives after that.

Search "performance Options" and uncheck "show translucent selection rectangle"

Yeah, no dice.

Why can't they make a vanilla phone with a big ass battery decent camera/screen and expandable memory

K-Monitors are ass m8.
amazon.com/PB278Q-2560x1440-DisplayPort-Ergonomic-Back-lit/dp/B009C3M7H0

And most of them only go up to ~90.

Okay ive had it, ill never upgrade my windows 7. Every windows past it is fucking horror story in every thread on Sup Forums

The monitor supports only a set of certain frequency within a safe operation. Others aren't listed because it can damage the monitor and make it unusable. Basically bricking it. Certainly not like oc'n a cpu/gpu/ram

What's the best resource to learn C# in my case ?

I have experience in Python but it's only pure scientific knowledge (I've designed mathematical and physical models for college, that's all), and all C# books I've come across seem to be either intended for experienced programmers or total shit.

What do you mean no dice?

It's off but the rectangles are still appearing.

Windows 10 is fine. Sup Forums is shilling and being retarded.

Install classic shell, turn off the telemetry, use spy bot anti beacon and some others and tweak the aesthetics and your gold.

I have 3 boxes running 10 now. No fucking "bot net"

No, I genuinely love 8.1, had it since I upgraded from 8.
Never had a problem until now.

Well can you upload a picture of what in the fuck you mean.

I'm trying to help you, flying fucking blind with my cock taped to my left leg.

Not concerned about 'botnet' just some disgusting UI stuff

Yes.

Aight Sup Forums i need some programming help here,so the game has a char limit of two sentences how would one break this and set the limit higher,i have the source code here,view-source:outpost.mlpg.co/

What is the best non-text-based browser to use on a Linux laptop to maximise battery life?

Can anyone help me with this?

I know there's a bit of a risk involved with getting a good one, but saving $200 and still getting a near identical monitor (for what I'd be doing with it) seems like a pretty good deal

It's still a form of overclocking, just slightly different from how most components overclock now. Some monitors are capable of handling high refresh rates like 120hz without a significant loss in image quality, and seem to work just fine without killing it over time, since tons of people still run the monitors at 120hz years after they've purchased it

If we're referring Linux as GNU/Linux why dont we do
Windows/NT
BSD/Linux
Android/Linux
OSX/Linux

Install classic shell, and you can tweak the UI shit. They are using the flat design because its not cpu/gpu intensive, and it can get uniformity across all apps and vendors.

It doesnt rely on AERO anymore, which was a process hog.

If its that bad install a skin/theme/etc

I don't mind it

How can I calculate the wattage of my cpu given I have the live voltage? I know it's amp*v but I don't know the operational amperage of the cpu.

Alternatively, can anyone link me to something like a Kill-A-Watt meter for 220V on amazon? Everything I find is for 110V and the only one I found for 220V costs $90. Most kill-a-watts that do the job are like $20-50. I'd love to get accurate readings of what wattage idle devices and such are consuming, or even my pc under load.

This shifts my opinion a bit. But is there way to make start menu completely non metro cancer?

Try hitting tab.

>Sup Forums is shilling
Shilling for what? Tell me about this theory you have where people have some monetary incentive to speak out against Windows.

Only one shilling here is you.

codepen.io/user/pen/Eyxygx

Can someone help me understand why this works in Chrome/Firefox/Opera but not Safari?

Are ITX builds a meme? I'm thinking about doing a build in the Define Nano S, but I don't have any size constraints or need for a compact build.

>I don't have any size constraints or need for a compact build
Then why do it?

Nope.
Just gonna do a restart to see if that does it.

If I have limited desk space, would ITX be good for me?

>Are ITX builds a meme?
No, M/mITX are.

Does the computer use the graphics card's gigs when playing games, or its own? Debating on a computer with 8 gigs of ram, and another with 12.
Both got the same graphics cards.

GPU memory and RAM are two different things m8.

Let's say I want to build a high level custom surround sound profile for my computer, can I repurpose the ports on my sound so that I have eight channels?

This board seems really dedicated to free software and remaining anonymous on the internet, but with all of this effort put in; wouldn't your ISP see all of your activity anyways?

Well the restart fixed it.

It's amazing that in 2016 MS still can't into restartless-system changes.

Has there been a release date for the new Intel processors yet? the 6800-6950k? I can't seem to find much information on them at all

search for "skylake-e" or "skylake e"

i.4cdn.org/g/1464554448733.jpg
I guess sometime june

thank you my friends

i lost my last Sup Forums x settings and i cant seem to remember what does what.

can anyone tell me what the settings are for when someone replies to something they are automatically put under the person they replied to.

and the settings that whenever you click on a cross post it open up to that thread and just doesn't show you the post?

is this because the font is shit, or bad font rendering/something else I don't understand?

>dedicated to free software
Just the vocal minority of 40 year olds who have nothing to do in their senile age. Most people understand that software is not a nuclear weapon out to kill them and inflct living harm, and just serves you to do things you want to do.
They blindly follow an aspie "leader" who has no claim to fame since the 1990's, who just wants to piggy back off someone who even now, 20 years later, contributes to a large community.

it's because wysiwyg is shit

Yes, and also windows lack of a sane fontconfig

Reply threading.
Not sure about the second.
Doesn't seem that big a deal though.

why is flash doing this

stop drawing past that line with the brush tool and only the brush tool

I got this weird problem with my external hard drive where it will not turn on unless the socket that I plugged it in sparks. The socket works fine for other stuff so I don't know what the problem is. Would replacing the AC Adapter work?

>A or B question
>Yes

anyways what do I do to fix it bar using another font?

i found the messiah
thanks nigga

thanks , whats it under though i can't see to find it

A AND B answer
The font is just made badly. Try the stock fonts just to check for other issues.

I'm sick of Windows 10 and how broken it is for me. Which is the version of Windows 7 I hear people recommend and which updates am I avoiding ?
Thanks

Script->monitoring?
I forget how different 4CX is from ACX.

Script->Quote Links*

There are many different viewpoints that could fit in your description.

For me, the thing that's good about 'anonymity' on Sup Forums isn't that I'm truly anonymous, it's that it makes it easier to post (no logins) and you are generally anonymous to the other users of the board.

Free software has nothing to do with anonymity, in fact if you make and share free software you have raised your profile.

I like free software first because it's free, but secondarily because it's easier to audit and fix problems, and because it's a community effort.

I exported it as pdf and the font looks fine. Something is off with my LibreOffice Writer.

when I open tmux by typing tmux into the terminal, I press ctrl-b but nothing shows up (I'd assume that ^B should show up). I can't do % or " to make multiple panes. does anyone know whats up?

What wiki program is light weight and that will only be used for around 20 coworkers?

theres no reply threading in the settings

wysiwyg sucks, no matter which wysiwyg editor you use you'll get some errors like that.

If you're on linux, look in to the infinality patch for fontconfig

I have texmaker for a while but never bothered learning. Will try it.